“Homewood Suites by Hilton”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very nice accommodations. If you want to feel spoiled, here is the place to go. The food, both free breakfast and dinner are exceptional in taste and there is a variety for all types of eaters, picky or not.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nice, well-kept property that is convenient to the Angels spring training site. It is off the freeway (10) but is fairly easy to find. Full, hot breakfast is good. With other restaurant choices I never eat there for dinner/supper. I stay at this property almost 1X/mo and the rooms are always good and clean.

1  Thank mitch_s_us
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have stayed here two or three times, very nice, quiet and friendly atmosphere. Breakfast is a plus for us when traveling. Staff are very friendly and professional. Our first choice when visiting Phoenix.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Reservations: easily made at a good price online.
Check-in: fast and efficient and friendly.
Room: very large, nice kitchenette, excellent flat screen TV, comfortable bed, nice towels linens and bath products, spacious bathroom, VERY quiet, free parking, free high speed internet.
Food: nice breakfast (free) in the morning, nice food (free) for dinner on Thursday night, and lots of good fresh fruit always available (free).
Business Center: clean, well equipped, and no charge for printing!!
Parking: abundant and free.
Check-out: fast and efficient and friendly.

Note: you will need a car to get around....this is Phoenix and the hotel IS not downtown.

Room Tip: Ask For a Quiet Room away from Elevators and overlooking the Pool
1  Thank Tackle
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Shuttle that picked me up from the airport was very friendly and gave me a quick rundown on where he could take me and the highlights of the hotel itself. My suite was very comfortable, large bathroom, large bedroom, very comfy. Manager's reception had excellent meal and beverages. Staff was fantastic!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Yasmeen L
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am just finishing up a 17-day stay here for work. The rooms are spacious and quiet and immaculately clean. All of the staff has been very friendly, especially the folks who work in the dining area. The free hot breakfast has been a convenient timesaver, but dinner only runs until 7, so I often did not make it back in time. There's not much in the immediate vicinity besides fast food, but it is convenient to a huge business park, meaning I only had a two-minute commute.

I say the service was spotty because it really seems to depend on who's working in housekeeping on any given day. Today I returned to find a pile of dirty sheets had been left on top of my suitcase. I can only hope they were the sheets from my bed. One day the lights and fan were on when I came back. Another day the toilet seat had been left up. There are only two washers and dryers, and one washer has been broken since I got here, and one of the dryers does nothing but steal $1.50. A small load of clothes was still damp after 45 minutes. I had to change rooms because one of the TVs wasn't working, and even though I reported that it was out on Friday morning on my way out, no one came and looked at it all day. I reported it again Friday night and on my way out Saturday morning I confirmed that there was a work order, but still no one came. On Saturday night the front desk resorted to sending up the houseman, who was very nice, but told me he's the shuttle driver, not a technician, so I ended up having to move.

Still, I would stay here again and recommend it to colleagues due to location and the convenience of free dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank BHL
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel was near downtown Tempe, Arizona, where the Rock N' Roll 1/2 Marathon took place. It was a quick 10 minute drive. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable which I needed before the run. It was also quiet. My only complaint was when I tried to get a late check-out of 1:00 pm (check-out was 12:00 pm) I was told that it took "special permission" but he could extend it to 12:30. After the run I needed a shower and I arrived back at the hotel around 11:50 am, so instead, I had to hurry back to my room and quickly pack in order to be out by 12:30 p.m. Never got the shower until hours later when I arrived home. Really guys??? "Special permission" to stay until 1:00 p.m.???

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo