“Hidden Gem in a Strip Mall”
Review of Pizza A Metro

Pizza A Metro
Ranked #798 of 3,268 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Encanto
Neighborhood: Encanto
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I live nearby and never knew til 2 weeks ago; this chef has been there for 8 months. It's amazing! I'm a foodie from Sonoma, CA and I am always on the hunt for excellence and that can be daunting here in Phoenix. I had the calamari salad; I think it was $8.95. I was brought a rectangular plate of little pita triangles with a dipping sauce that was to die for, an appetizer, no extra charge. The salad was lightly grilled lettuce with red onions and other vegetables and calamari that was very tender, tossed with a vinaigrette. The service was excellent, the server attentive and appreciative when I complimented him on the food. Correction - cuisine. I ordered tira misu but, it was store-bought. Tasty but, no comparison to the calamari salad. There are only 7 tables. No ambiance but, who cares? Do not miss this hidden gem.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stopped in for lunch at this small place that can be difficult to see. It is stuck in the corner of a small strip mall. Started off with the house sangria which was good and ordered a calzone. It had alot of ham and cheeses and mushrooms and a good sauce in a LARGE calzone. Good service. Small tables for the size of the meals but they don't have alot of room there. Prices were good.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I ordered this for our Friday lunch at work and everyone loved it. The crust is thin and really tasty. There is just the right amount of sauce and cheese. Everyone loved the different varities that were available. We also had the caprese salad with everyone said was really tasty. Definately will order from them again for our Friday lunches. Next time I will have to try their homemade pasta. I ordered from Grub Hub and they delivered on time also.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We were staying at a nearby hotel and decided to give it a try as it was in walking distance. As we walked to the strip it is in we saw several colorful characters, most asking for money. We were more than a little worried but forged on anyway. So glad we did. It's a small warm place that transports you out of the strip. The staff were friendly and inviting. We went with a baslc margarite pizza with a pino noir. Woodfire pizza at it's best.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We wanted an "mom and pop" Italian restaurant, with good, homemade food and pizza! -- this is the perfect choice. Pizza A Metro is very small, so be sure to make a reservation. The food is awesome and the service too! We ordered the the "regular" size pizza and it was huge -- enough for around 3-4 people. The atmosphere is casual, the prices are very reasonable. We would definitely go back.