“Tasty sushi and reasonable prices”
Review of Hana Sushi

Hana Sushi
Ranked #525 of 3,163 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Deer Valley
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My impression of Phoenix is that it is one giant mass of urban sprawl. Hana Sushi is a little Japanese restaurant tucked in one of the ubiquitous strip malls. We arrived around 7 pm on a Thursday and the place was almost empty; by the time we left, it was packed. People were coming and going for takeout orders, too. My husband and I started with two appetizers: vegetable tempura and gyoza, then we shared the sushi/sashimi combo platter. I also had a bowl of miso soup (ordered a la carte, not included with the meal). Everything was tasty and the fish was very fresh. One reviewer wrote that you can bring beer or wine and they will open it for you--that has changed. They serve beer, wine, and sake. Wine by the glass only (no bottles) but at $3/glass it was a bargain! Total price for dinner (before tip) was $49 and that included 4 glasses of wine. A good deal and good food. Definitely worth a visit if you are in the northern Phoenix area. Note: they do take credit cards.

1  Thank Leslie N

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A delightful restaurant with excellent service, superb food and great value. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and thought we give it a try while we were traveling in the Phoenix area and like it so much we returned a second time. If you like Japanese cuisine you'll enjoy yourself.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This little shop was recommended to my father by a friend who served oversees in Asia. We figured he knew his sushi and tried it out. Boy were we amazed!

The restaurant itself is pretty small, but that is usually a plus for me. The menu isn't too different from your normal sushi restaurant. So, what's so appealing?

The fish.

I love sushi and I can positively say the fish served at Hana is of a better quality than your average sushi shop. We ordered a spicy salmon roll. The salmon, which somewhat hides in your normal rolls found elsewhere, practically leaped out of this roll. Its color, its taste, and the quantity within the roll was amazing considering it cost a little over $7! The specialty rolls were also delicious and prepared with care. Nothing felt rushed.

We ate five rolls and two sushi plates (salon on rice and tuna on rice) with drinks and it came to be roughly $45 after tip. We were so pleased we went back the following night :)

2  Thank Kurtbob
Reviewed October 20, 2012

If it isn't THE best, it is in the top 5 - and I've eaten sushi everywhere on this side of the world. High quality, personalized service, creative, Japanese Iron Chef-type creative cuisine, great service. They aren't afraid to charge for it, but to me that means they realize the quality. DO stop by your favorite liquor outlet for some beer, wine, sake etc. before you get there. They will provide the glass and opener, but they concentrate on the food - and that's a good thing!

1  Thank majorfoodie
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Small, family owned. Excellent friendly service. Fresh and tasty with very reasonable prices. This was our second visit and we look forward to many more.