“Yummy in the Tummy!”

My Big Fat Greek Restaurant - Arizona Center
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: My Big Fat Greek Restaurant provides an atmosphere and ambience beyond any other restaurant in Arizona. Families, parties and couples can enjoy a dining experience filled with entertainment. My Big Fat Greek Restaurant is committed to building and developing high quality, value-oriented restaurants. Each one focuses on key elements such as customer satisfaction, food quality, excellent service and a unique dining experience. Since the first restaurant opened in 2002, there has been a flourishing demand for Greek food throughout the Phoenix Metro area. From flaming cheese dishes, plates breaking, and servers that sing and dance, to flame throwing bartenders, My Big Fat Greek Restaurant has it all. Come check out one of the conveniently situated valley locations today to see what all the hype is about.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We enjoyed the cool evening on the patio. Our server was very attentive. Food portions were large and filling. Our cocktails were delicious. We had a Gryo, the spaghetti with cheese sauce, a special, and the Greek version of mac and cheese. All very well done!

2  Thank RebeccaGlobe

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food was only average, but there was a LOT of it. Far too much, as a matter of fact. Since I was with a large group, we did not have the option of ordering from the menu. We were served Greek salad (just o.k.), warm pita bread w/dipping sauce, large platters of meat (lamb chops, gyro meat, and kebab chicken and lamb), large platters of orzo and vegetables, and baklava for dessert.

The servers were very attentive, bringing more vegetables as I requested. They handled our large (26) group and got us out in time for the symphony.

1  Thank capitollover
Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a long flight, I reached my destination, Tempe Arizona. Escaping the winter time at home. Let us go for the American way of Greek. I received value for money, paid only twenty bucks and had a salmon and an additional salad. Watch the vegetables. The side salad was OK, crispy and enough feta, it was really tasteful. However the salmon did never ever seemed to have swum in water. It was a dry piece of fish, which is a shame. When you grill a salmon, you should be very careful keeping the juices in it. When at home, I can grill a fresh salmon such a way that you almost can taste the water in which it has swum. The good thing was the salad and the flexibility, I wanted french fries, which was not a problem. So, despite of the salmon, the other food was fine although average. The salad stood out and the bill was very decent.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We ate here a couple of times during an extended stay downtown in November/early December. They had the standard Greek fare (except no Taramasalata, what's with that) and everything was good, nothing great. However the more adventurous who ordered high end stuff and specials tended to be disappointed. Stick to basics. Service was not particularly competent.

1  Thank sedonadiner
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Food & service ok the first time, second time very unprofessional and slow, food was barely lukewarm.