“Good solid Greek cuisine, nothing fancy”

My Big Fat Greek Restaurant - Arizona Center
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: My Big Fat Greek Restaurant provides an atmosphere and ambience beyond any other restaurant in Arizona. Families, parties and couples can enjoy a dining experience filled with entertainment. My Big Fat Greek Restaurant is committed to building and developing high quality, value-oriented restaurants. Each one focuses on key elements such as customer satisfaction, food quality, excellent service and a unique dining experience. Since the first restaurant opened in 2002, there has been a flourishing demand for Greek food throughout the Phoenix Metro area. From flaming cheese dishes, plates breaking, and servers that sing and dance, to flame throwing bartenders, My Big Fat Greek Restaurant has it all. Come check out one of the conveniently situated valley locations today to see what all the hype is about.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We ate here a couple of times during an extended stay downtown in November/early December. They had the standard Greek fare (except no Taramasalata, what's with that) and everything was good, nothing great. However the more adventurous who ordered high end stuff and specials tended to be disappointed. Stick to basics. Service was not particularly competent.

1  Thank sedonadiner

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Food & service ok the first time, second time very unprofessional and slow, food was barely lukewarm.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

We went to this restaurant for dinner. My friend especially wanted me to try the flamed cheese, but they were out of that. I haven't eaten a lot of Greek food, and I had a couple of questions for the waiter. I didn't know the difference between moussaka and pastitcio, so I asked. He said, One has meat, the other does not. I said the menu had meat in both descriptions and he said the menu was wrong. We ordered an appetizer, a salad, and salmon. The appetizer came quickly, and the salad followed almost immediately. In less than 5 minutes the main course arrived. There wasn't room in front of us for all the plates. The food was good, the salmon well prepared, I liked the seasoning; it wasn't over salted. The portions were nice sized. I liked everything we ordered, and the waiter was nice, but he didn't seem to know the menu well enough, and we didn't care for getting our food all at the same time.

1  Thank h2osmom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Advertised fresh ingredients and that is what you get. Everything is very fresh had chicken sticks coated with ribbons of tzakis not too salty and large chunks of chicken perfectly grilled served hot. I had a moderate wait for my food. Served with 2 sides seasonal veggies grilled & lightly seasoned included zucchini broccoli carrots. The rice was mushy the first bites tasted good but as it cooled it was no longer tasty. Served with pita. The service very personal gave me a to go cup for my drink. Tip: mention movie add at 24 AMC get 10% off bring receipt back in 5 days for 15% off a great experience for traveling to a meeting

1  Thank m_g33704
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Four of us had a lunch meeting here. We ordered very different dishes, and both the service and the variety were above average. There's way more than Greek food available here, and this is a popular place.

1  Thank DrPWashington