We stayed here 3 nights while attending Spring Training baseball in the valley.
Getting to this motel is a little daunting, especially since it sits RIGHT OFF the southbound exit of I-17 on a ONE WAY road. So if you are coming from the west you have to be creative to find your way to the parking lot. Review your map/GPS before coming here, though.
The room is dated, as are the furnishings. The TVs were old tube type and certainly need replacing. The room is in need of upgrade (this is a Quality Inn, right) as the furnishings and bathroom decor is a couple of decades old. The phone looks like it was through a war, cord all stretched and mangled. Carpet is old and stained, the bed cover had a cigarette burn hole in it, etc. One of the lamps near the bed wouldn't turn on, upon further investigation it looked like someone tried to remove the lamp and pulled the socket out...this was reported to the desk and repaired the next day. I was a bit concerned about a shock and/or fire hazard with this.
ON THE FIRST DAY we arrived (5PM) and the line was out the door (apparently fully booked). There was only one person servicing the front desk. This was a very unfortunate decision by someone, it left a number of people in line grumbling. If you are going to be full you should make sure there is another person there, at least during check in. It took us 25 minutes to get to the front desk in order to check in. The front desk phone kept ringing and since there was only 1 person there, the caller was asked to hold on (the calls never did get answered all the time I was standing there).
ON THE SECOND DAY we woke up to realize there were no bath towels in the bathroom, had to take a trip to the front desk to grab some.
ON THE SECOND DAY we returned to the room at 5PM to find it had not been serviced yet, good thing I didn't have to go to sleep immediately. So I had to go to the desk and request the room be serviced. It happened quickly, but why wasn't it done earlier in the day?!?
ON THE LAST DAY we heard dripping in the bathroom, got up and looked to see water dripping from the ceiling...this was reported to the desk.
WHAT WENT RIGHT:
The desk staff was excellent the entire time, with the single person at the desk on day 1 to the 3 that were there the remaining days...all were eager to assist and correct issues.
The breakfast was ok for a Comfort Inn: eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, ready to make waffles, coffee, milk, juice, cereal, etc. was maintained fairly well during the breakfast period.
This location is self-identified as a Quality Inn and Suites. I can't accept that name badge, it is clearly a Comfort Inn. The name change must have happened recently because my GPS still shows it as "Comfort Inn - Phoenix". I would expect a little more at a Quality Inn and Suites. I rated it 'Average' based on the assumption this is a Comfort Inn, if I rated it against my standards for a Quality Inn and Suites it would be 'Below Average'.
The stay was comfortable while sleeping, fairly quiet if you have a room on the back side of the building (away from the freeway). The parking area was well lit and I felt safe while at the location even though this is not what I would call a safe part of town.
Free WiFi worked ok in the room, better in the breakfast area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites® hotel is located in the heart of the Black Canyon off Interstate 17, just minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, US Airways Center, Chase Field ballpark and University of Phoenix Stadium. The Phoenix Convention Center, Arizona State University West campus and downtown Phoenix are only a few miles away.This Phoenix, AZ hotel offers a central location for guests who want to experience the Valley of the Sun, or those en route to northern Arizona. There are a wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the area. Hotel guests will enjoy many full-service accommodations including free breakfast with hot waffles, free local calls, free Wall Street Journal , outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Business travelers will appreciate modern conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access and access to copy and fax services. This Phoenix, AZ hotel has meeting rooms that accommodate up to 25 people for most events and business functions. This is a pet-friendly hotel. Families will appreciate the two-room suites with sitting areas. In addition, the hotel offers specials for both groups and senior citizens. Ample bus and truck parking are located on the property. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn and Suites hotel looks forward to providing every guest with exceptional service and cozy accommodations when visiting the Phoenix area. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites n Black Canyon Hwy
- Quality Inn & Suites n Black Canyon Hwy Hotel Phoenix
- Comfort Inn Phoenix
- Phoenix Comfort Inn