Booked this motel through Hotels.com for our road-trip through Arizona. Every other motels we stayed at was great, but this one (our last one) has gotten us beyond disappointed. Checking in was perfect. When we got to our room, we realized there isn't a fridge, I called the front desk asking if we can get a room with a fridge since it is 110 degrees outside and we like to chill our drinks. She told me to contact Hotels.com or I can just pay $10 per day for the fridge. It was total non sense when she told me to contact Hotels.com, its like what am I going to say to them? "Oh, we are in the room but we don't have a fridge, what do we need to do to get a fridge?" Come on!?? And $10 per day for a fridge? Really? We brought in our cooler and filled it with ice, of course the ice machine on our level (ground) is not working properly, it took about 5 minutes to fill up a bucket, so I had to go upstairs to fill the rest, (took me about 5 trips up and down).
The Internet was slow, fair/poor signal.
The neighborhood doesn't really seem safe. While we stood outside smoking a cig, we saw this homeless looking guy riding his bicycle around eyeing all the cars in the lot. Kind of creepy.
Did I mention the maid walked in on us when we were watching TV? She knocked, before we can say anything, the door was opened. Talk about the awkwardness.
Anyways, I won't recommend this hotel. Unless you really have no other choice. One more day here and we say our goodbyes for good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites® hotel is located in the heart of the Black Canyon off Interstate 17, just minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, US Airways Center, Chase Field ballpark and University of Phoenix Stadium. The Phoenix Convention Center, Arizona State University West campus and downtown Phoenix are only a few miles away.This Phoenix, AZ hotel offers a central location for guests who want to experience the Valley of the Sun, or those en route to northern Arizona. There are a wide variety of restaurants and cocktail lounges located in the area. Hotel guests will enjoy many full-service accommodations including free breakfast with hot waffles, free local calls, free Wall Street Journal , outdoor heated pool and hot tub. Business travelers will appreciate modern conveniences like free wireless high-speed Internet access and access to copy and fax services. This Phoenix, AZ hotel has meeting rooms that accommodate up to 25 people for most events and business functions. This is a pet-friendly hotel. Families will appreciate the two-room suites with sitting areas. In addition, the hotel offers specials for both groups and senior citizens. Ample bus and truck parking are located on the property. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn and Suites hotel looks forward to providing every guest with exceptional service and cozy accommodations when visiting the Phoenix area. We look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites n Black Canyon Hwy
- Quality Inn & Suites n Black Canyon Hwy Hotel Phoenix
- Comfort Inn Phoenix
- Phoenix Comfort Inn