“very good restaurant”

District American Kitchen & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
District American Kitchen & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 3,057 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Van Buren
Description: District American Kitchen and Wine Bar is designed to meld into the fabric of the downtown Phoenix core, embracing its inherent energy with open-air patio seating, live entertainment, local artwork and First Friday presence. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, District supports local food purveyors, offering a wide selection of sophisticated yet accessible regional fare as well as the best of American wines, micro-brew beers and classic cocktails. Patrons can expect new twists on traditional favorites, wine pairings, and small plates all enjoyed in a comfortable yet metropolitan setting.
Detroit, Michigan
“very good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a great meal here. Well prepared fresh ingredients. Nothing I should say that stood out as spectacular - but quite enjoyable.

• Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food, Excellent Service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was visiting The Sheraton in Phoenix this past week for a convention. After a long day of work and meetings, all I wanted was a good, hearty meal. I wandered down to the restaraunt to take a look at the menu. The hostess Lexi, helped me out and was extremely pleasant and helpful. When I sat for dinner I had a steak in mind, but my server Aaron recommended the amazing trout special and I was anything but disappointed. Thank you Aaron for an awesome dinner and great experience! A++++

• Visited February 2013
Karnes, Guest Relations Manager at District American Kitchen & Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so glad you had a great, hearty meal after your long day.
Phoenix, Arizona
“Bacon wrapped amazing-ness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went back to the District bar again and got to sit with Joni. Awesome bartender and recommended the bacon wrapped dates to me. I was hesitant to try them but I ended up loving them! I dont even like dates! It was also half price because I made it in time for happy hour! Got to love that.

Tempe, Arizona
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I were celebrating a special occasion and we received wonderful service from our waiter, Aaron L. He was kind, polite, and efficient. He made our experience so special. Thanks Aaron!

Visited January 2013
“Not what I expected.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting the restaurant to be in the lobby of a hotel, which is slightly less intimate and I'm pretty sure the prices reflect hotels premiums for food. However, the music was very cool- a variety of underground hip hop and old school funk.

The menu is somewhat limited (also common for hotel restaurants; 8-10 entrees, 2 salads, approximately 5 appetizers, etc.), but I had a hard time choosing from the interesting options. We had the bacon wrapped dates to start ($8 for 5) and they were delicious, stuffed with a soft white cheese with chives and drizzled with syrup. Then on the waiters recommendation I had the scallops and jalepeno corn bread, $23. The scallops were really good for Phoenix area, and the cornbread was some of the best I've ever had (very moist and smooth). They incorporate local Schreiner's sausage into a lot of dishes, and mine had chorizo strips on top (also very tasty). I did not try me fiance's beef stroganoff, but he said the meat was very tender, noodles were average. We also had the mac and cheese with hotbraut (not sure of the spelling, another type of spicy sausage), mac and cheese was average and sausage was awesome.

They also bring out complimentary bread and local olives for every table to start, leave you with a bottle of distilled water (yet still come back to refill), and end with complimentary cotton candy.