“Great views”

and up
Segway Tour of Tempe Town Lake in Arizona
Ranked #12 of 230 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: This park offers runners both paved and dirt trails.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Climbed up hole in the rock during our holiday to find great views from the top. This was such a good find during our stay in Scottsdale. Had seen this during previous visits but did not know how easy it was to park close by and that the walk up would be so simple. A must do if close by.

1  Thank KiddyBoy
There are newer reviews for Papago Park

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Spectacular views!!! Its a beautiful place and is a must see on your stay in Arizona!! We were blown away by the beauty! It amazing to see such beauty in the desert!!

1  Thank 712MissLynn712
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Papago Park is a wonderful area for visitors to get a great sense of the area! There are some trails that allow you to "hike" up small ridges to enjoy a panoramic view of Phoenix. The botanical garden and zoo are also located within the park. The Hole in the Rock is my favorite place to visit in the park!

2  Thank Katie Z
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was in PHX for business, and had a day to myself before a week long of training indoors and I wanted a feel of dessert/hiking/steaming hot living experience. A few minutes away, was Papago Park, the nearest place for a fix that would not send me in a spin back to cool air-conditioned hotel. I opted to first spend the morning strolling through the zoo and early evening I went for a brisk hike to the Hole-IN-The-Rock. Other than the time of the year, could price be another factor there were so few visitors at the zoo? It was great to see and hear the kids amazement as they peaked through the glass to see the reptiles! It also offers a camel back ride and a trolley ride. Only thing I found lacking was the option of food. The walk to the rock is just a cross the parking lot, and it is a good hike for a non-hiker and ending of the day! I was smart enough to have a hat, running shoes and a bottle of water, however there were others with flip-flops! That is how easy of a hike it is, but I would still be cautious and go prepared. Another option, was to visit the botanical garden.

1  Thank B. G
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I've been coming here since I was a kid. I wish the facilities were a little better, but can't improve on the sunrises and sunsets...