“Beautiful park!”

and up
Segway Tour of Tempe Town Lake in Arizona
Ranked #12 of 230 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: This park offers runners both paved and dirt trails.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

A nice park close to Sky Harbor Airport. We spent the afternoon at Papago before an evening flight out of Phoenix. Nice short hike to see Hole in the Rock and a beautiful pond area where we sat and relaxed and read -- soaking up the last of the sunshine before flying home to snow!

1  Thank Cheryl A
There are newer reviews for Papago Park

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I took my dog to the dog park while my 12 and 10 year olds went to the playground. Later afternoon we set out to climb and hike, and then sat around the lake. PLUS- I could see my kids from the dog park and the opposite side of the lake (very small lake- no swimming). It's a beautiful park, depending on what you intend to do.
DOG PARK- 5 stars. Great people, water for the dogs, lots of benches, a few tables. Clean.
PLAYGROUND- 4 stars. Cool play ground on sand, little kids area separated. CAUTION- 9 year olds to 15 year olds on playground. Every imaginable swear word and phrase were heard by my kids. I didn't realize until they told me later.
MOUNTAIN- 1 star. Looks awesome and fun- CAUTION- it looks like it rained glass on it. You could not take a step without stepping on glass. 3 pairs of dirty mens underwear seen on the trail. We ended up turning around.
LAKE- 5 stars- absolutely beautiful area, places to sit. Great to sit and read a book.

Large area to throw a ball and run. Busy with many families, but didn't feel crowded. Would return for the dog park and lake only, and next time I will sit closer to the playground for awhile to get a feel for the behavior of the kids there.

Bathrooms across the small parking lot, but we didn't go in.

3  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had a lot of fun walking up to the hole in the rock. Awesome view. Took a stroll down by the park and enjoyed seeing how families in Phoenix hang out on a sunny afternoon. Loved it.

1  Thank jenfromalaska123
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Grab a picnic breakfast or lunch ..drive few miles out of city and experience the rocky mounds of Paragon Park. Palm trees surround the serene water where herons feast....lovely
Bathrooms and covered areas available.

1  Thank gypsy4747
Reviewed March 27, 2014

if your looking to an area where you can do exploring without having to worry about getting lost or working to hard this is the place. It is very pet friendly and there are numerous trail for you to travel on.