“Unique Art in Metro Phoenix”

Shemer Art Center and Museum
Ranked #114 of 238 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: A Phoenix Point of Pride, this museum is a cultural locus, featuring local artisans and offering its own arts and crafts workshops.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband and I attended the Micro Dwell 2014 event at the Shemer Art Center in Phoenix in the Arcadia neighborhood. Even though we had our young daughter and a large stroller, we were welcome at the facility. The staff was friendly and helpful and seemed very proud to be working or volunteering at the event. After viewing the innovative micro dwellings, we took our daughter out of the stroller so we could view the Micro Art that was also on display. Everyone was kind and allowed us to leave the stroller outside and offered to keep an eye on it.
This is a beautiful home and the art within the galleries was captivating! It was so refreshing to see that the art community is well and alive in Phoenix. I was so happy this experience was my daughter's first chance to visit an art gallery. The Shemer center also offers art classes, and I hope to take one someday! Whether you are a local, or visiting, Shemer is worth the visit!

4  Thank Beebee M

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I recently took a metal and enamel class here with Larry as the instructor. The class was great, as well as the instruction. The grounds and historic home are beautifully located at the foot of nearby mountain ranges. I would recommend a class or at least a visit to anyone interested in the arts.

2  Thank Elisa8446