“ok, but I've seen much better.”
Review of Phoenix Zoo

Phoenix Zoo
Ranked #30 of 238 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Phoenix Zoo and explore a wondrous world of curiosity, imagination and discovery. For more than half a century, the Zoo and its animals have amazed guests from across Phoenix and around the globe. Whether you are on the lookout for awe-inspiring Asian elephants, on safari to spot the great Sumatran tiger or seeking towering giraffes roaming the savanna - a day at the Zoo offers adventures like no other place in the Valley. With cafes, shops, lush gardens and exciting experiences like Stingray Bay, Giraffe Encounter, Monkey Village, Safari Train, 4-D Theater and many more, your visit to the Zoo will be memorable for the entire family. The Phoenix Zoo is one of the nation's largest non-profit zoos, committed to conservation and providing experiences that inspire people and motivate them to care for the natural world.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Went by myself when my husband was in meetings. I'm comparing my visit to other zoos we've been to. The zoo had alot of dirt paths, which I thought was strange. There was alot of winding around and re-tracking. Alot of walking in between exhibits(alot of which had nothing in them due to it being winter). The animals that were out were not entergetic at all, just laying around, most of which you could barely see. The BEST part of the zoo is the spider monkey exhibit, where the monkey were running free and you walk amongst them, very entertaining! They do have the stingray feeding which I did not do, but it appeared you have to buy to see them. I would not pay the regular admission price, as I had a zoo pass to another zoo so it was 1/2 price for me.

If you ever get a chance to go to the Omaha, Henry Doorly Zoo, it's the best I've seen!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,559)
All reviews
in 26 reviews
"stroller"
in 65 reviews

Reviewed February 12, 2014

1400+ animals to view and photograph. The animals have plenty of space to move about and the zoo has successfully made the environment representative of the animal's natural habitat. Staff is very helpful so if you cannot read a map there are people who are knowledgeable and courteous to offer you help. For the adventurous, there is the opportunity to try zip lining. If you have an interest in visiting a zoo, this is one you should.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a great time at the zoo! It was my 2 1/2 year olds first time to a zoo. He loved all the animals and we even fed a giraffe. It was a great time for us! The price was a little too high but after driving a long way to get there we just stuck it out. Definitely didn't wear the proper shoes for such a long walk. It is spread out pretty far. We ended up having to rent a stroller for$10 for our son. Overall the experience was great the cost... Not so good.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My fiance hadn't been to the Phoenix zoo since he's lived out here. I remember going to this one as a kid and loving it. Today however was an awful experience for both of us. The animals don't have room to simply live and all of them were pretty lifeless. This may come across as silly but the monkeys broke my heart. You could just read the sadness in their eyes. Electric wires everywhere, even on the trees. That is just the beginning... I will NEVER go back to this zoo again, not even to bring my kids in the future. I would much rather spend the money to take them out of state for a more enjoyable experience where all of the animals are treated well.

2  Thank beki0s0tizzy