“Relaxing visit”
Review of Phoenix Zoo

Phoenix Zoo
Ranked #11 of 228 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the Phoenix Zoo and explore a wondrous world of curiosity, imagination and discovery. For more than half a century, the Zoo and its animals have amazed guests from across Phoenix and around the globe. Whether you are on the lookout for awe-inspiring Asian elephants, on safari to spot the great Sumatran tiger or seeking towering giraffes roaming the savanna - a day at the Zoo offers adventures like no other place in the Valley. With cafes, shops, lush gardens and exciting experiences like Stingray Bay, Giraffe Encounter, Monkey Village, Safari Train, 4-D Theater and many more, your visit to the Zoo will be memorable for the entire family. The Phoenix Zoo is one of the nation's largest non-profit zoos, committed to conservation and providing experiences that inspire people and motivate them to care for the natural world.
Albany, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing visit”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nice zoo, nothing really to write home about. The price I thought was a little high after I visited the zoo. The elephant looked average, the tiger and lion exhibits were nice but the BEST was monkey cage. I was GREAT when you walked into the area and the monkey are running wild.

• Korean first
Lexington, Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good zoo to visit.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I enjoyed the visit to the zoo, the animals are obviously well cared for and the enclosures are quite nice. I didn't eat here so I don't know about the quality of food but if you're looking to get some up close photos and experiences (feeding a giraffe) then please visit the Phoenix Zoo!

Phoenix, Arizona
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“a great zoo”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

this zoo is spread out,so prepare for walking. They do have a train that runs around with a get off and on type of deal.... usually, they have keepers around who can answer questions and do live exhibits with some of the animals.... it's worth the visit

Visited December 2012
Howell, New Jersey
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“ZooLights”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I cannot speak for the zoo during the day as I've not been, but I went for ZooLights in December. There were a number of lit attractions, with some moving and some stationary. They had a number of metal animals with lights and lighting the trees/cacti/bushes. The light show at the big lake was interesting, but I wish I knew where the best viewing locations had been so I could position myself where I could see the whole thing. We went as a family with a few teens and even they enjoyed it. This event would be great for young children as well. It was quite busy so make sure to get there early!

Visited December 2012
scottsdale
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Worth seeing”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I raised my kids in San Diego, enjoying many visits to the famous San Diego Zoo. But acknowledging that the animal collection is not as large, I like the Phoenix Zoo better. It's more natural, less paved, and less crowded when I went there. The time I spent there was limited, though my new annual pass will make it easy to see the rest anytime I want. But the animals were easy to see and the atmosphere was relaxed.

1 Thank silkyapril