“Fun local breakfast eatery with great food.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Over Easy
Ranked #136 of 3,037 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Fun local breakfast eatery with great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Just the type of place I love to find, especially when traveling. Great food, good atmosphere, and fun, creative menu items and specials (along with all the basics you'd expect). Wish I could come back over the next several days to try more!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great dish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Saw this place on DDD and listed as one of the top places for breakfast in Phoenix, and it did not disappoint! Had the wolf pack with goat cheese (no bacon) and it was great! Waitress described it as a breakfast sandwich without the bread. Small out of the way place, but worth it

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Passing through Phoenix at breakfast time and decided to give it a try after having seen it on DDD. We were not disappointed...it was as good as advertised. I had the breakfast burrito and my wife had an omelet and we both enjoyed our meal. Great service and fast....we was in and out in 30 to 45 minutes.

1 Thank Dawgy-Bill
Phoenix, AZ
“Easily Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Weekend mornings will find patrons waiting in line for a table at this local favorite. Why? I really have no idea. I had high hopes for this place because it’s had rave reviews from local food critics, written up in magazines and featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. But I was not impressed.

The coffee was good, not outstanding. The atmosphere was, well…odd. Nice if you like upside-down children’s umbrellas.

The Mediterranean omelet (w/ spinach, tomato, garlic & Feta) sounded good. Wow – garlic should have been listed as the 1st ingredient – I like garlic but this was WAY too overpowering. The omelet itself was overcooked at the edges and since my taste buds were overwhelmed by the garlic, I can’t really tell you if the omelet itself was flavorful. Big disappointment.

Crying Pig omelet was selected by a meat lover in our group. He said it was flavorful and had a fair amount of bacon & sausage. Again, the omelet was a bit overcooked, especially around the edges, and was a bit dry, too.

Not too many places have corned beef hash on the menu, so our friend jumped at the chance. He ordered it w/eggs AND a side of gravy. He absolutely loved it. Now, take that with a grain of salt as he always loves everything – but he was sincere in saying it was delicious so I believe him.

For a restaurant that specializes in breakfast fare, I expected more. Would I go back? Potentially. However there are so many other choices in the Valley that it may be a long time before I circle back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix
“Our Weekend Ritual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We ride bikes here every weekend for breakfast. The food is great, the servers are awesome (especially Cooper). Definitely worth the stop in for a try!