“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. This was a convenient location for our use with shopping, restaurants and movies all nearby, some w/i walking distance. The breakfasts and dinners (M-Th) were very good. I suggest you ask for a room not next to the elevator. We found the fitness center to be good as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We understand your time is valuable so thank you for providing feedback in regards of your past stay. The team loved hearing that you enjoyed both breakfast and dinner. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Have a memorable upcoming weekend.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
columbus, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The rooms were clean and staff friendly. Walls are kinda thin as I could hear people next to me and above me . . lucky for me they weren't partying through the night;. The breakfast in the morning was always good and there was a varity of stuff to snack on. You're not going to get a full breakfast bar if that is what you are looking for but it was good. Staff was friendly and my room was always clean and the grounds were well kept. I liked the location -- it was close to food and shopping. It was a nice place for the $$ -- I will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Andrea,

First, thank you for taking the time to complete a survey in regards of your recent stay in Happy Valley. The team sincerely appreciates the kind compliments about the friendly team and cleanliness of the rooms. In regards of the thin walls comment, I apologize for the inconvenience and understand how that would be frustrating. We would love to have you back if you're in the Phoenix area again. Have a fantastic upcoming weekend.

Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My daughter and I very much enjoyed our one-night stay at this property. The suite was very spacious, well-appointed and completely clean. We enjoyed a free glass of wine on arrival but sampled only a small amount of food as we had plans to meet a friend for dinner. All the staff we interacted with were very pleasant and helpful. We found the breakfast buffet to be a cut above our experience at other chains; especially enjoyed the cheddar/chive scrambled eggs. The hotel is a short walk from a large outdoor mall area where we did some shopping. Overall, I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Phoenix. The excellent feedback you passed on put a smile on our team when we celebrated at our daily meeting. We value your business and look forward to serving you again.

Las Vegas
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I have never had an issue, yet, with Homewood Suites. This is my 2nd time staying at this particular property. The rooms are clean, somewhat quiet. Friendly hotel staff. My only complaint was that I never received my wake up call I had set using their automated system. Now that I was about an hour behind schedule, I couldnt take advantage of the breakfast, nor did they have anything for guests who were in a hurry.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Bryon M
Bryon,

First, thank you for staying with us during your time in Phoenix. We appreciate you returning to the hotel for your second stay as well. Thank you for the kind feedback in regards of how clean the rooms were. On behalf of the entire team, we would like to apologize for the missed wake up call. This level or service is unacceptable on our end and we will discuss the incident with the entire team. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The breakfast and dinner options are average, but if you want a fancy dinner then you can go to one of the meant restaurants within a mile of the hotel. The staff is very nice. Ask for a map of the area. It is very helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lake Oswego, Oregon
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The room I was in was in need of a good cleaning and maintenance...to be like "home" a remodel would be in order. It was noisy and I could hear outside auto traffic at night. Red nail polish from a previous guest was on the tile bathroom floor, cracked tiles, grout discolored and missing as in the photos.

I ended up at this hotel as the Hampton Inn next door "overbooked". Reading other reviews for the two leads me to believe this happens frequently.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Mr. Macgruber.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are not proud of this review and I ensure you this will be handled immediately. This level of service and cleanliness is unacceptable and I promise you this will be resolved with HIGH importance. If there is anything the hotel can do for you to make up for the situation please feel free to contact me personally.

623 580-1800
mspangenberg@ncghotels.com
California
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel management should try all the food and "maybe" they would do one of the following.1. Fire the F&B Director, #2, Give him/her a budget so they may "upgrade" the quality of food. 3. Definitely teach them about foodservice ! And last but not least, DO NOT ADVERTISE FULL BREAKFAST ! I am retired from successful foodservice career so I do realize that I am probably a little tougher than the average bear but from what I saw and tasted, they should definitely look into the aforementioned !
2. For all my fellow members of the Hilton family, beware and do not wait to book your room. If you see a deal you like, book it quickly ! The amount of points they charge for a free room changes rapidly ! I booked 4 nights with a points and money combo and got a good deal, then the same day I realized I needed to add a night and got the same good deal. The following morning after reading the reviews on trip advisor I decided to add 8 nights but all the sudden the points/money combo option for booking was not there, plus they increased the points needed to book a room 10,000 ! Needless to say I didn't book the 8 more nights..So, I called the hotel to inquire and of course the front desk couldn't do anything and advised me to call Hhonors which I did, There advice was to call the hotel " Revenue Director ". That advice was all I needed to know that my deal was a done deal !
Lastly, if you ever see a hotel without balcony's and with windows that do not open, beware of the dogs ! These are indications that the owners are very slick ! Obviously it costs much less to build this type of hotel but as I said, beware !! They fully understand the hotel business, and moreso, PROFIT, but pay little attention to detail such as the food..
Overall this hotel would get a solid 4 star rating from me but I cannot rate them any higher just because they advertise there food and it is disgusting ! This is only the 1st night of my 5 night stay so there's more to come, after I attend the "managers reception " ! ( which by the way the breakfast and the managers reception are Mon- Thurs..) Wonder why ? PROFIT ! Not needed weekends ! I am reminding you again, beware of the dogs !!

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be quiet and about equal.