“New Property - Fantastic Customer Service and Care”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley
Ranked #3 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here while going to Spring Training. Only stayed 1 night as we usually stay at the other Homewood Suites down I-17 at MetroCenter, and we wanted to try this newer place out. We were VERY pleased - this is one of the best Homewood Suites properties we've been to.

The rooms were new construction and VERY quiet, nicely appointed, with great hi speed internet. The property is in the back of a large "mall" area with a Super Walmart (Groceries), Ross, etc. and a Starbucks right nearby. Easy access of I-17 and you don't even hear the freeway.

The best, however, was the nightly reception: fantastic food, beer, wine at dinner time in a very very relaxing area. We got to meet the Manager (Yvonne) who was very friendly and made us feel like she genuinely cared about our business. At the breakfast the next morning, she remembered us and our conversation and wished us a great day in our adventures. This is the kind of service more places should have. The rest of the staff was also pleasant, helpful, and outgoing. Kudos to this property! We'll be back.

Room Tip: This is a big place. We had a room high up and overlooking the back of Walmart and were concerned a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
TrentGlendale_AZ, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Greetings and thank you for the great feedback! We're glad you chose us for you hotel accommodations this time around in Phoenix. I also had a chance to personally thank Yvonne for going "above and beyond" for our guests and really making a positive impact on your stay.

Thanks again and we truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Everything was very clean and had a fresh smell. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise of quality and selections. Close to shopping and lots of good places to eat, walk around.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank for sharing the experience regarding your last visit! We appreciate all the kind words and we're looking forward to your next visit.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

When I moved to Phoenix, this place was my first home (for four months) and I had a blast. The room was comfy, their food was good, the staff was really friendly and the location was great! They serve hot breakfast during the mornings and dinner from Monday to Thursday (wine and beer included). All the food is included, so you don't have to pay extra. I recommend this place!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
TrentGlendale_AZ, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for the great feekback! We're looking forward to your next visit in Phoenix.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

It just felt like home. The suite gave me the feel of multiple rooms, similar to my house, and less like a "hotel room." The options for food were plentiful, whether at the hotel, nearby, or in the little store up front for a snack. Overall, I highly recommend staying here for the food, the fun, the pool access (weather was in the 70's & 80's), and of course the service.

I was here for work and I felt very welcomed by the staff. Edward and Jeremy at the front desk did everything I asked and gave me answers for questions I didn't even realize I needed. Alma was incredibly friendly, helpful, and welcoming. She gave us a great rundown of food places, and even a name of a restaurant manager to help us secure a table at a very busy establishment. No matter who was helping me, Edward, Jeremy, or Alma, the information was what I was looking for, but smiles and comfort were accompanied by all, which just makes the trip lovely, even while away from friends, family and loved ones.

Thanks for a great stay and great service! I wish every business trip is as comfortable as this!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the great feedback! It's great to hear that we "hit the mark" on your last stay with us. We're extremely fortunate to have great team members who really have a genuine interest in our guests. I've passed your comments on to the team members who were responsible for your great experience. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We normally stay at the Hampton Inn next door but decided to try the Homewood and the rates were nearly the same as the Hampton. The place is nice and well kept but the rooms are only suitable for 1-2 people regardless of whether you get the larger accommodations as they only provide you with a foldout bed. In our case the bed was evidently from 1960 and was like sleeping in a hammock. My daughter had marks from the springs on her side. Unbelievable! You will get a better night's sleep on the ground by the pool. The manager suggested that we should use extra blankets and made no effort to remedy the problem.

Again, for a couple, you will probably be fine but don't buy into anything family oriented as you will be sleep deprived the next day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
TrentGlendale_AZ, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Greetings - I'd like to first thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites for your room accommodations while in the Phoenix area. More importantly, I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience with us and brining your concerns to our attention. All feedback is extremely valuable to us and I sincerely apologize that your family did not have an exceptional stay. I've had a chance to circle back with our front desk and maintenance departments to ensure your items of concern have been brought to closure. It is our goal for everyone to leave our hotel with a lasting, positive impression, I apologize again that this wasn't the case. We hope to give you an outstanding experience the next time you're in town, I assure you we won't disappoint.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

With the exception of initially needing to check into a smoking room rather than non-smoking, our stay at the Happy Valley Homewood was excellent! Nice room, wonderful friendly staff, great food! This wasn't our first Homewood stay and it won't be our last.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. Great room and no ceiling noise. We don't know if there's noi...
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for Spring Training - 4 of us - had a 2-bedroom suite. Super comfy beds, friendly, helpful staff, great breakfast and happy hour-light dinner. It is conveniently located to get to all stadiums (just off 17 north of 101 loop. Located just around corner from huge shopping center - very convenient if you forgot something - also has several restaurants in center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
TrentGlendale_AZ, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix North - Happy Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to your next visit.

Thank you again!