Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs
“Nice Welcome”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in early April. The first thing we experienced was a very warm friendly welcome from Kelsey at the front desk. We had booked a King Suite from Hotels.com and the room was very nice and clean. We have family in Phoenix and will be using this hotel from now on on our visits. The lady working the breakfast buffet was very nice also. If the food were just a little better I would give this hotel a perfect score.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myanke2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were very happy with the excellent service, friendly staff, wonderful hot breakfasts and the cleanliness of the property. Also great location within walking distance of large malls and very close to highways. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TrentGlendale_AZ, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the great feedback! We know we're doing something right when we receive great comments like yours!

Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and it was wonderful. The staff went above and beyond and we certainly enjoyed starting our day with the great breakfast. The rooms were extremely clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are looking forward to your next visit to Phoenix.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wonderful hotel to stay. In great location for dining, shopping and entertainment. The hotel will meet your every expectation. The hotel staff especially Jeremy will do everything possible to make your stay even better.
Thank you Hsmpton!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for the great feedback! We understand you have many choices when you travel and we’re excited to be at the top of that list when you come to Phoenix.

Orlando
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed several days at this property. Great hotel and great staff and I was there for business. The hotel is well positioned to getting around and the highway is levery close. Restaurants and stopping plentiful less than a mile away in a new shopping center. Staff were great, an issue is that the property is new and it does not show up on every GPS. After not being able to find the location, the staff directed me to it. The directions on the web site were somewhat missleading as well. The breakfast was wonderful with a lots of variety each day and the breakfast server Carmen was friendly as ell as the other staff who went between the two hotels. They made yu feel that they wanted your day to be special. Two evening the hotel had Managers reception, good food and drinks. The cookies were very good. The rooms were clean and inviting. Two concerns: the air flow in the room pointed directly at the bed which did not allow for a good nights sleep, too much air blowing directly on the bed. Also, even though it had a sign on the bed indicating the linen was cleaned for each guest, the linen did not smell clean and omitted a smell like dead or shedding skin. This is what I call the smell when it is not fresh and clean. I have smelled this scent in other hotel s when the item look clean but does not smell clen. would indeed visit again am concerned about the cleaniness of the linen. I would ask the staff to change the sheets in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bgjconnection
Thank you very much for the great feedback! We understand you have many choices when you travel and we’re excited to be on that list when you come to Phoenix. I can't tell you enough how appreciative we are to get specific feedback so we can continue to exceed guest expectations. I wanted to let you know that I have had a chance to meet with our Executive Housekeeper and Engineer regarding your concerns and we've taken the necessary steps to ensure future guests are not impacted as you were. Without you bringing this to our attention that would have not been possible, thank you. I also passed along your kind words to Carmen in breakfast as she is a great asset to our hotel and does an excellent job leaving a lasting impression.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great hotel, great staff, I was there on business, very clean, efficent, wireless internet connection was great, great price, very very close to the interstate. No complaints, great for business. I know breakfast is offered to guests, but I did not try it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was a little off-putting to open an email ultimatum while I was riding the rental car shuttle at the Phoenix airport. We had recently had to get new credit cards due to fraud and I had not thought to contact the four hotels we were staying at on our spring break trip. It turned out that two of the four tried to run that card before we arrived and so were anxious to get a new card. The Hampton Inn's email said that they had attempted to contact us by phone and were emailing in a last attempt to contact us, and that they would only hold the reservation until 8:00pm. At this point it was already 8:30 and our plane had landed at about 8:00. When travelers are arriving from the East Coast, you would think the hotel would realize that they would be traveling most of the day and would not be reachable in flight. It was not a great start. However, when I called, they were understanding and said we had rooms. When we arrived, they gave us two rooms on the 4th floor. Upon opening the door to our room, we were hit with a wall of smoke and Febreeze or other smoke-cover and humidity. I would not have been able to breathe in there for a minute. Not everyone is equally sensitive, I realize, and my kids didn't have an issue with their room, which I discovered in the morning was similarly affected. We got another room on the first floor, which was fine. In the morning, I complained - very nicely - to a staff member who said nothing and did nothing, which wasn't the most professional response. I felt bad because he seemed nervous. Later, I saw the manager so I mentioned the situation to him. He offered us a coupon for a day at a Hampton Inn, which we accepted. He explained that they couldn't open the windows in those rooms so they couldn't let out the smell or the humidity generated when they steam-cleaned everything. I realize they're in a difficult situation. If they take a risk and fail to tell a customer whose reservation calls for non-smoking room that they're getting a room that has clearly been smoked in, the customer may not notice or care and they may be fine. But my feeling is that when it's that obvious and the customer is a good one, an Honors member, it would be the best policy to disclose. In this case, they had another room for us, which they could've given us first. If they had, I would probably be writing a very different review. I assume this comes up a lot, and that's why I've gone into such detail. I wanted to be helpful in a general way and not just as regards this particular property. The breakfast is fine, the health club is better than fine for the level of property, the location is convenient if you're flying in and heading north. It's next to another Hilton property and a short walk from a Walmart and chain restaurants.

Room Tip: I suppose that given our experience I'd avoid the 4th floor, at least the rooms where the little...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
TrentGlendale_AZ, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix North/Happy Valley, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Greetings and thank you for the great feedback! First off I'd like to thank you again for selecting us for your accommodations while in the Valley of the Sun and I'm sorry you didn't have an overall positive experience. Our goal is to deliver a level of service that allows us to stand out from any other hotel in Phoenix. My apologies for you not receiving a solution when you brought it to the attention of our first team member but I'm happy to know that Nathan was able to "make it right." I wanted to let you know we've utilized this scenario as a training opportunity so future guests are not impacted in the same way. Without your detailed feedback this wouldn't have been possible. We also addressed the aroma of the smoking room you were initially checked into and I'm grateful we were able to find you a different accommodation so you could enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Thanks again and please let us know the next time you're in Phoenix as I promise you won't be disappointed.

Warm Regards,