“Phoenix Visit - Budget Lodge”

Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #63 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Denton, Texas
“Phoenix Visit - Budget Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at the Downtown Budget Lodge in Phoenix for several days while attending the KW annual family reunion. The hotel was just 7 blocks from the convention center where our meetings were held. The hotel was very neat, clean overall and the room was equally neat and tidy, well appointed and in excellent condition. Had everything I needed - except a hair dryer! The rate was substantially less than others had to pay for larger fancier hotels closer to the convention center and all I was doing was sleeping there. Continental breakfast every morning at 7 AM worked out great. Owner is the manager and very friendly and helpful. Has owned and operated this hotel for 21 years. Most enjoyable stay. Easy walk to the convention center. Weather was great. Would certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: My room was on the busy Van Buren St. side and at times a bit noisy but not too much of a problem wi...
1 Thank chrisrosprim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was attending a convention at the convention center and I wanted to be within walking distance but I didn't want to pay $200+ a night. Budget Lodge Downtown Phoenix was the perfect choice. It's only a couple extra blocks down from some of the big name national hotels. The walk to the convention center is about 10 minutes with plenty of cafes & restaurants along the way. The hotel itself is basic but extremely clean and I felt totally safe. Being able to park right outside my room was nice too. If I go to downtown Phoenix again I'd stay here for sure. This would be a fine place to stay without a car. And the owners are helpful and nice!

1 Thank youshouldgotoo
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was in Phoenix for a real estate function at the convention center. It's about a 15 minute walk (5 blocks) which was fine because I can use the exercise. I was looking to avoid spending the $300+ that some hotels next to the convention center charge so this was a great alternative. Neighborhood was a bit dicey but I'm a big guy so not too nervous. Wouldn't recommend late night walking for women. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Overall the place was clean, quiet and comfortable. They're doing some ceiling work so all the drywall was cut out, but that's in the halls, not the room. Had a great stay.

1 Thank Wiedy2
Globe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We wanted someplace reasonably priced and within walking distance to Comerica to save a late trip driving home. This place fit the bid. Very clean and very quiet. I would definitely stay here next time I need to overnight in Phoenix. Hey, it's downtown, there are homeless folks, but we felt safe walking back after the show.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

I got to the motel in the afternoon and the lobby smelt weird, I can't describe the smell other than weird, as was the man behind the desk. He just had a creepy vibe about him. Anyways, I was walking to my room and noticed the ceiling had exposed wires! I get into the room and it looked okay at first but then I noticed the carpets hadn't been vacummed, the mattress was wrapped in plastic (how comfortable!), there was dirt on the bottom of the sheet which I didn't care too much about because I wasn't going to touch it, but that night as I was falling asleep, I noticed a yellow stain on the sheet, it was just so dirty! I was staying there because I was going to an event that night and I thought it was a safe area so I decided to walk back to my room at around 11:30 p.m. However, as I was walking back there were several homeless people lining the streets and men who you wouldn't to talk to even in the day time. Then, a man who had several tattoos crossed the street before I did and waited for me to cross then said "Do you need help?" I nearly peed myself and started running toward the hotel because I thought he was going to do something. Thank God, he didn't but when I got to the hotel I had to dig in my purse for my room key to find the code to get into the building (yes, the area is so dangerous they actually lock the building up) and before I got my key the weird man working the front desk came and opened the door. I went straight to my room and tried to fall asleep but it was hard because the motel was across the street from a fire dept. and the sirens kept blaring every half an hour or so. I woke up very early and got out of there the next day. I wouldn't stay there again if I was paid to stay there!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anonymous P
South Haven, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

If you are looking for a great value, clean and friendly place to stay, this is the hotel for you! The price was right, the room was one of the cleanest I have ever been in, and the staff was so kind and helpful. I would stay here again and again. Good neighborhood and excellent location to downtown. And it is so clean!! Pride in ownership really shows.

Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel exceeded all my expectations. It is comfortable, extremely clean and I feel safe which is important when travelling alone. The in-room fridge and microwave is so nice to have. I come to Phoenix monthly for business downtown and this is where I will be staying.