“Budget Lodge is an excellent place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix

Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #66 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Canton, Massachusetts
“Budget Lodge is an excellent place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was clean, and the maid service was excellent. Great value for the money we spent! The location is not as bad as some have said in other reviews. It is a very convenient location in the heart of downtown Phoenix, and it is close to everything there. I felt a lot safer in downtown Phoenix than in downtown San Jose, CA! The staff were helpful, and they gave good advice about local restaurants. The room was comfortable, and the AC worked very well. The room was quiet at night, even though the hotel was fully booked for a conference. I would definitely stay at Budget Lodge again if I go to Phoenix.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Prashanth R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was attending a medical conference downtown and was supposed to stay at the Sheraton ($199/night) but when I found out there were no rooms available I started looking around. I was shocked when I found the price at the Budget Lodge. This was a great location because it was a 15 minute stroll to the convention center and other downtown happenings. The staff was very friendly and on top of everything. I could tell they put in a lot of effort maintaining the place. I had no problems with the internet and my room was always sparkling clean when I returned. Its hard to find this type of place nowadays. I HIGHLY recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel O
Ile-Ife, Oyo, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had a great time here while attending a conference at the Convention centre. The room was quite clean and comfortable. It had all that you'll require for a short stay. The breakfast was less than I expected though. The location was also great and within walking distance of relevant downtown events.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Babatope K
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The price is definitely right on this downtown hotel. It has a great location, close to downtown stadiums and activities, and the staff is incredibly friendly. I checked in pretty late, and the owner called up to make sure I made it to my room ok and that everything was to my satisfaction. The room was spotless, and included a nice refrigerator. The room was comfortable and I felt very safe, despite being a young female traveling alone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Tina A
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Rooms not only looks & smells clean, they are spotless! I particularly enjoyed the newly remodeled-like bathroom in our room. The front staff are extremely friendly & always willing to help. Big hotels normally know you by numbers. Every time I walked by the office they greeted me by my name. Lady at the office recommended our last night's dinner at the old town Scottsdale & we enjoyed it. She's got great taste. Thank you for that & giving us directions everyday. We will look no further next year when we visit Arizona. We had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Parking was full when we arrived and did not realize there is additional parking in the back. Parkin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suzanne K
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Polite and helpful staff. Clean, spacious room. Good, fast, free Wi-Fi is always a bonus. Free basic breakfast. Walking distance to Downtown Phoenix. Great value for money! Would highly recommend if you're looking for a good place to stay in Downtown.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Clean quiet room. Really close to everything downtown. You can walk just about every where down town. Also a short walk to the tram and buses.
Morning coffee is good but there could be a better selection of breakfast goodies.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple