I had to be in Phoeninx for a meeting and was looking for a centrally located motel. The Budget Lodge was in a great location at the beginning of Grand Avenue in downtown Phoenix. (This is where the old Route 60 turned northwest toward Wikenburg). One great feature of the location is that it is an easy walk to the new Phoenix Metro line. This was one of the reasons I tried the motel. I wouldn't have to do any driving once I arrived. There was no problem with parking or freeway access.
Check-in was simple, and old-fashioned. (No computers.) My room was on the second floor near the back of the building. I was given the wi-fi access codes. The corridor to the room was clean, all the paint seemed fresh and the floor was tiled. The room lock used a keycard with a chip in it to provide security. On entering the non-smoking room, it seemed clean enough with no strange odors. The blue carpeting looked well cared for and the old-fashioned bedspread was clean. The TV was an older CRT type, but it worked and had the usual selection of cable channels.
The bed was comfortable, but the matress pad had problems: It was sort of stiff and it was not clean. There was a hair stuck to it along with dark colored fuzz. The pillows were ok, somewhat worn but not totally deflated.
The small bathroom was clean, but the towels were worn and the hand towel had yellow stains.
I tried the wi-fi and it did not work. I reported this to the desk, and they acknowledged the problem, but they were not able to get it working that evening. The heater/ air-conditioner worked correctly, but was noisy. Which brings me to the subject of noise. The tiled finish of the corridors causes them to become echo chambers amplifying and noise. When a party came in late with much loud talking and door opening and closing it was impossible to sleep.
Breakfast consisted of a couple pitchers of juice, coffee, fruit, and a couple of pre-packaged sweet rolls.
Overall, this hotel is ok for a one night stopover, but I wouldn't want to spend much time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Description (provided by the hotel) Welcome to Rodeway inn Downtown Phoenix. Everything we do at our newly renovated hotel is driven by our desire to provide exceptional guest service and a clean comfortable environment. We offer a free daily continental breakfast. Appreciate the convenience of our on-site guest laundry facility and our 24-hour front desk and lobby. Relax and unwind in the privacy of your own guest room with amenities including free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, 40 inch LCD flat panel cable TV with HBO and ESPN, hairdryer, table with chairs, desk with lamp, iron, ironing board, free local calls, and wake-up service. Our hotel's centralized location makes it easy to jump into the excitement, fun, and entertainment of Downtown Phoenix while also experiencing its history and culture. Rodeway inn Downtown Phoenix is close to Arizona Diamondbacks Chase Field,Talking Stick Arena, Phoenix Convention Center, CityScape, and Arizona State University. Comerica T heatre, Orpheum Theatre,St.joseph Hospital,Phoenix childrens hospital and Arizona State Fairgrounds are also nearby. Spend some quality family time at the Phoenix Museum of History, Children's Museum of Phoenix, and Arizona Science Center. Play a round of golf at Encanto Golf Course and Phoenix Country Club. Enjoy a walk in the fresh air at the Japanese Friendship Garden, Desert Botanical Garden, Camelback Mountain, and Phoenix South Mountain Park. Seamus McCaffrey Irish Pub, Cibo Restaurant and Subway are all within half a mile of our hotel. At Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Lodge Downtown Phoenix Hotel Phoenix
- Budget Hotel Downtown Phoenix
- Budget Motel Downtown Phoenix