“Stay here! Excellent, well-kept, worth more than its affordable value.”

Rodeway Inn Downtown Phoenix
Ranked #63 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Burlington, Vermont
“Stay here! Excellent, well-kept, worth more than its affordable value.”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Economical, GREAT location, well-equipped, very clean, very cool, very quiet, excellent privacy. Locally-owned! The shower was spa-like in its intensity. The owners personally manage the place, and if you are receptive, they look you in the eye and quietly smile to say hello. They really care that you are feeling good and satisfied being there: I found their integrity impressive. I felt good, safe, and at-home here.

The owners are very nice, highly professional, and exacting in the care they give the rooms and common areas. The closet was huge, and there was even a small fridge and a microwave. I made one comment about the WiFi going a bit unstable, and Mr. Patel was very receptive; I bet it's fixed already :)

I find the pomp and circumstance of the big hotels to be silly; I don't need gilded widgets and four times the price to feel safe and happy. This hotel provided exactly what I needed - a good, safe, clean, economical, caring, private place to feel at home while I was away. I'm definitely staying here every time I visit Phoenix.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This property was close to Chase Field. We could walk to the ballgame which was a plus. The rooms were VERY clean! Front desk clerk was very helpful with directions to the ball park. It is a small property which I prefer as it was extremely quite which meant we got a very restful sleep. In the morning there was a continental breakfast. Coffee, juice, and muffins. Just enough to get you going. I will definitely stay here again! I have recently retired from managing a Best Western and I was impressed with the cleanliness. Good job!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Schenectady, New York, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were very pleased with our accommodations just a 15 minute walk from the Convention Center. The hosts were thoughtful, competent, careful, and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was in Phoenix for a full week of conventions and was delighted to find Budget Lodge Downtown. I chose it because it was quite economical while an easy and safe 10-minute walk from the Convention Center. I would definitely stay here next time I'm in Phoenix also!

From the moment I arrived, manager Dan Patel was friendly and helpful. I didn't have a great deal of interaction with the staff because I was out long hours each day, but the interactions I did have were all very pleasant. The room and bathroom are kept clean, comfortable, and in good condition.

Of course, economical lodgings can only afford to offer so much. Here, though the room had a bar for hanging clothes and a shelf above it, there were no drawers. And the free breakfast has quite small selection of sweet rolls, a fruit, juice and coffee, and only a very small corner of space beside the door to the parking lot is allotted to it. But there is a McDonalds 2 blocks away if the breakfast here is not what you want some mornings.

This hotel is an amazing value, clean, friendly, and close to the convention center, ASU, downtown businesses, and city government buildings. And it is only a four block walk from the light rail stop that provides access to or from the airport for $1.75.

Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I had a great week at the Budget Lodge. I would recommend it to anyone. It is close to everything downtown (an easy walk).

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I just arrived home from Phoenix - I have always stayed at very expensive hotels, but with the economy I just couldn't afford to spend that kind of money, so I look for something close to Chase Field that was really reasonable. I read the good reviews about Budge Lodge Hotel from other people on Trip Advisor and sure enough, the reviews were correct. The room was spotless. I'm a very clean, particular person, so coming from me, you have to know it was very clean. It was also nice and quiet and I had a great night's sleep.

Mr. Patel was really nice and friendly, and was very helpful. The staff do a great job.

Next time I'm in Phoenix for an event I will definitely stay there again. I don't see the need to spend all that money in a big fancy hotel.

Room Tip: You can zip right on an off I-10 and its within walking distance to all the events downtown Phoenix...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Traveling to Phoenix for a convention that required a six night stay, I found Budget Lodge to be excellent in all the bare essentials: clean, friendly, safe neighborhood and convenient to the Convention Center (leisurely 15 minute walk), comfortable beds, working and relatively quiet AC, good shower and decent television. There was also the unexpected bonus of free wi-fi. The one quibble would be lack of a dresser in which to put away clothes for an extended stay. There was no clock radio but not many of us still rely on them to wake us up, right? Breakfast is minimalist but includes fresh fruit. Not for people who want pools and fitness centers. I would definitely stay again if someone else wasn't paying for my lodging.