“Love this little hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Phoenix AZ
“Love this little hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was under a tremendous amount of stress when I stayed here because it was my daughter's Sweet 16 party, over 100 guests. I know this wasn't typically what their conference/banquet room is used for but they did a wonderful job. It was extremely affordable. The only draw back to the banquet room is there is no kitchen, at all. There is a space for a caterer to work but it's small. They were more than accomdating as far as letting us decorate a bit, come early etc. We also got a hotel room just so I could rest before the event (which never happened) but I ended up staying there that night because I was exhausted I didn't want to drive back. home. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The room was lovely and I enjoyed each and every minute I got to be there. I was so impressed how nice the staff was even through clean up the next day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank K9Whspr
CISdeervalley, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Deer Valley, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review on the hotel. I am glad that your event was a success along with your stay; we appreciate you taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves in providing great service and an unforgettable experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Stillwater, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

had a great stay at this property and was there nearly a week! great staff, excellent breakfast options that kept me through lunch, and terrific shuttle drivers! pool and hot tub were clean and well maintained-i watched them go out every morning to check the ph while i had breakfast on the patio. my room was always clean and tidy upon return from my conference and community areas were also well maintained. there were snacks and current magazines made available throughout the day and a compfortable lobby for gathering with the rest of the participants also residing there for the week. this place would be a great model for others as a guality assurance demo. staff were well informed about resturant options and all of thier suggestions were excellent! i was on a business trip so the cost didn't come out of my pocket directly but i felt for the cost it was a great value. thank you so much for a great experience-i would definately stay here again if business ever takes me to this area again!

Room Tip: pool side seemed to be quieter-and ground floor had some accessiblity to the pool directly from thie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank desiree m
Thank you for taking your time in writing a review for our property, We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was pleased with how large our suite/room was. Very comfortable and clean.The breakfast was very good with many choices. I liked that they had a different "hot" menu each day, since we were there for 4 days. Pool and spa were clean. Couldn't get the Playoff game for baseball in our room, but the dining area had it and it was a good thing, because we were out there with others, enjoying the games as opposed to being in our room alone,. My favorite property of my summer travels!!

Room Tip: If you are on the freeway side, you cannot leave your window open because of the traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KimberleyRN
CISdeervalley, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Deer Valley, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Country Inn & Suites Phoenix - Deer Valley.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have stayed here for work before at a certain rate, that is usually LOWEST in summer since AZ is so dead for tourism in the summer. However, during my recent three day stay, I was charged $30 more per night than ever before. The only reason I stay here over other competitors in the arear (Courtyard or Homewood Suites) is the great rate. However, next time I will pay the same rate and stay at Homewood Suites. They also offer a free breakfast and I won't have to deal with a hot room because Homewood as central air- this hotel has a box airconditioner on the window. Shop around before you book here. This once great deal is gone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
CISdeervalley, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay; I wanted to apologize to you in regards to your rate difference, may I ask you to contact me at lucia.saguibo@countryinns.com so we are able to see if the discount you have been receiving was not attached correctly to your reservation. As a valued guest, please note we also offer both wall and central AC units. Here are the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, we pride ourselves on providing the best guest experience and we are always open to any suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again!
Land O Lakes, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great stay - 5 days. Friendly staff. Kept room clean, great breakfasts, good van service.
Made the work of the week much easier.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CISdeervalley, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Deer Valley, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay! I thank you for your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel, great service from all around staff. Very surprised on how clean and beautiful the the hotel. Breakfast was awesome. My family and I enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Tonyboy08
CISdeervalley, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Deer Valley, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We hope to see you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Great Place to Stay.Room was clean and quiet.Breakfast included eggs, bacon and sausage.
Staff was very helpful. Nothing but good things to say about my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CISdeervalley, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Deer Valley, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review on the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Hope the next time you are traveling to the Phoenix/Deer Valley area you will consider staying with us again!