“Good for short stay and free airport shuttle”

Hampton Inn Phoenix-Airport North
Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Good for short stay and free airport shuttle”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for one night after arriving late in the evening following a direct flight in from London. We didn't realise the hotel offered a free shuttle from the airport and paid around $20 for the short taxi journey. Staff at the hotel were very friendly and the room was of a good size and standard. The air conditioning in the room was very effective but quite noisy as it is of the under window type. The next morning we were up early for the free breakfast which we thought was a good standard, being a mix of cold/continental/cereal items to a small selection of hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage burgers. After breakfast we had a short walk around the area and found there was very little within short walking distance. It was then time to return to the airport to collect our rental car and this time we took advantage of the free shuttle service from the hotel which was fast and efficient.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hawaii
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I picked this hotel for a few specific reasons, first of all the rates were reasonable, $89 for the first two nights and $119 for the last 3 nights. I had forgotten that I had some Hilton Honors points left so I booked the last night as a reward stay which was 30,000 points. I had to book the reward stay under a separate reservation.

My first impression of the hotel was the gentleman who picked me up at the airport in the hotel van. He was very professional without being too formal, also friendly almost like he was picking up a friend from the airport. When I checked in I mentioned that I had two reservations and the woman who helped me (I think she was the manager) adjusted the reservations so that I wouldn't have to check out then check back in under the second reservation and move to another room. I didn't even ask her to do that, she did it on her own which was my second great impression of this hotel.

The second reason I selected this hotel is that the they offered complimentary local area transportation, which included the light rail station and airport. There are alot of less important reasons that were benefits in staying here, like free parking (I was only planning on renting a car for only 1 night anyway), free in room wireless internet, guest coin laundry, complimentary business center and hot breakfast.

The hotel common areas were always kept clean and neat, the room they used for the breakfast area was always amply supplied and kept clean. There was always one employee there to help guests, clean up any messes and refill any item that needed it. The breakfast included fresh fruits, yogurt, bread, muffins and bagels ready to be toasted, make your own waffles, scrambled eggs with sausage or bacon, hot coffee or tea, hot or cold cereal, and a variety of juices. The breakfast was available from 6 to 10 am. The hotel also had a little shop just behind the front desk where you can purchase soda, juice or water, microwaveable food and soups, snacks and souvenirs. The hotel did not have a restaurant or bar in it which wasn't a big deal to me because I was always out and about, but the hotel did have a couple of food delivery businesses that they recommended if a guest wanted to stay in and eat.

The room was large and very clean. I got a room with 2 double beds which I preferred, it also had a sitting area with a sofa bed and coffee table, so this room has a potential of sleeping up to at least 5 people (I'm sure you can fit 2 people on the sofa bed if they were slim enough, maybe 2 children). The only down side was the that the air conditioning unit was a bit loud, but I got used to it after the first night and it didn't bother me after that.

Since the hotel was not near downtown Phoenix the traffic during the week wasn't too much, if you needed to go downtown, the light rail station was a few blocks down the street an easy walk or if you prefer the hotel would drop you off at the station in the van. At $3.50 for an all day ride or round trip it was a convenient and inexpensive way to get to downtown, the trip to downtown took about 15-20 minutes. Great way to catch a Diamondbacks or Suns game.

The best part about the hotel was the staff. Always friendly and accomodating. They were all professional but not too formal. They spoke to all the guests like they were friends or even family and were always ready to assist with any problem or need. Being there during Halloween the staff were in the Halloween spirit , they decorated the lobby and breakfast room and they dressed up in costumes to celebrate. I would come back to this hotel just because the service was outstanding. It made my vacation all the more enjoyable staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Ha_Y_an_Traveler
Big Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have stayed at this property twice. Both times has a good stay. Everything about this hotel is standard Hampton Inn. I experienced nothing exceptional. I was not recognized as a Hitlon Honors member, nor as a returning guest. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable and provided a restful sleep. Brakfast area did not seem well maintained and the scrambled eggs they were serving looked scary. The major plus to this hotel is it's proximity to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very convenient and flexible. We were unable to get to our final destination on the east coast due to Hurricaine Sandy. We arrived in PX and called the Hampton Inn. The shuttle driver picked us up at the airport within 10 minutes of our call. We were also offered a distressed traveler rate. The rooms are clean. The staff is pleasant. The hotel is located near the airport and in walking distance to a few places to eat. Would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HardWorkingRN
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hampton Inn is a perfect location for a quick get-away to the airport. Free shuttle 24 hrs. around the clock, very helpful & friendly staff, comfortable room. Room temperature was a little warm, but otherwise pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank okie56
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I know that we are never staying at any Hampton Inn ever again! Before I slam it, I have to say that we did get a full refund, so that was cool, and the front desk person was very helpful and concerned when I spoke to her next morning.
We only stayed one night before our flight out of AZ next day, and that was a good thing. The was more than one large group staying that night. The entire night was full of non-stop door slamming, swearing, running up and down the hallway, screaming low-life's smoking pot. There was also a large group still at the pool drinking and yelling around 1am. I decided that I could no longer take this and as I was about to call the front desk, I heard noises outside and looked out the window. There were 5 police cars parked, 2 right outside and 3 in the parking garage opposite! I assumed that someone was dealing with whatever was going on in the building, and did not call the desk. Next morning when I asked what was going on, I was told that nothing out of the ordinary happened??!! I seriously expected to be told that a dozen people were arrested because of some kind of fracas.....welcome to another day at the Pheonix airport Hampton Inn, I guess???

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lizzyloopy59
San Antonio
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love Hampton Inn & the only reason I didn't give it my normal 5 star rating was because of the noise. The walls are paper thin & we had some very annoying, very loud neighbors who were yelling, cussing & constantly slamming their hotel room door all night long. Then in the morning the housekeepers were also very loud, yelling back & forth to each other in the hallway. Unlike some of the other travelers I was extremely grateful for the loud A/C. If not for that we probably wouldn't have been able to sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple