“NIce Renovation”

Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
San Diego, California
“NIce Renovation”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This hotel is new to the CP chain and renovations appear almost complete (lifts still to do). My room for an overnight stay was excellent. There is a free shuttle bus to the hotel but it did take a while to come so take a cab if in a rush.

The hotel is right next to the metro which will take you into down town in just 15 minutes for $2

The hotel arranged a car for me (with Bill) which was efficient and cheaper than a cab. Bill really is a great guy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. The hotel has recently rejoined the Crowne Plaza family and completed a 9 million dollar renovation. The elevators have not been forgotten and will be completely renovated in the immediate future.

We are pleased to hear that you were able to utilize the different transportation options offered to the hotel as your explored the Phoenix area. We do hope that you choose Crowne Plaza next time you are in the Phoenix area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
St. George, Utah
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here for three nights while attending a medical conference. The room was comfortable but there is no breakfast in the morning. The hotel restaurant is slow and expensive. The wake up call did come. At 12 noon my key shut off and the room was already cleaned while i was in the conference.
Other doctors were complaining bitterly about the disorganized staff.
There is 4 other hotels within 5 minutes walk that are cheaper and have a full breakfast.
Poor choice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We value all feedback.

We do apologize about the delays experienced in the hotel restaurant. Since your stay, we have added additional staff members in efforts to minimize the delays experienced.

We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. Again, I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel claims to be newly renovated, but it's cosmetic only, to reflect new management that doesn't understand it's market. We are Platinum with IHG. All other IHG Phoenix hotels offer free parking to member patrons that stay with them to use the airport. Some up to two weeks of parking. This Crowne Plaza charges $8.50 per night and their parking is valet only, that appears to be leased out to a private company. Back to the hotel...it's understaffed, a busboy was the only waiter in the restaurant because the wait staff called in sick. Our bathtub drain was so badly clogged it took a half hour for real plumbers with a snake to unclog it. Loud neighbors next door came in late at night, their lights showed under our adjoining door, and it was like they were in our room. So, the management didn't fix the important things in the hotel. I've never had an adjoining door that wasn't double and completely sealed in this level of hotel. Forget this place!

Room Tip: Go up the street to the Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We value all feedback.

First, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of our hotel. We strive to provide quality service to all guests. Second, I would like to address some of the concerns that you expressed.

The Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport has recently undergone an 8 million dollar renovation and has made significant changes to the property. One of the guest amenities offered is free covered valet parking to all hotel guests. If during your stay you were indeed charged, I would like to make sure we get that charge refunded. The parking is not managed by a third-party company as all employees are hotel employees.

We do apologize about the service level experienced in our restaurant. Since you have stayed, we have added several staff members to the team to ensure we are providing the level of service our guest expect.

As far as the plumbing is concerned, we understand the inconvenience this may have caused you and the team did work diligently to resolve. We have reviewed maintenance procedures and are taking extra precaution to minimize future occurrences.

Please allow us at the Crowne Plaza the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I paid $143 a night by calling the hotel but the saw later I could have gotten it for $80 a night. That is ridiculous. That difference really. The receptions told me none of my cards worked then I checked the balances and told her to try again and them she got help and it worked. After a 8 hour flight I was not in the mood. They charged me for the whole stay of 7 days on day two. Will not stay again. Some got breakfast tickets some did not. I only got 4 for a 7 day stay. When I asked they pretty much said tough in a political way.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback of your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We value all feedback and use it to improve upon our services.

We do apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay and do hope that you will choose Crowne Plaza for future lodging needs.
Hartford
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Overall a nice hotel. Near the airport with minimal noise. Coffee maker didn't work, however they replaced it after the first day. Exercise room well equipped with up to date treadmill's and stationary bikes. The room rate was average for an airport location. However, the hotel is trying to make way too much money on basics that should be free. Most hotels have free coffee in their lobby in the morning. This place charges over $3.00 a cup starting at 6:00AM. And a bottle of Diet soda at the front desk location is $3.75? Seriously, this is totally nonsense. Being ripped off by overcharging for the small things are enough to keep me from staying here again. I'm in hotels every week, this hotel is not a good value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Nicole F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2014

Your comments regarding the pricing for the marketessen and coffee kiosk drink prices have been shared with our management team. They will review and ensure that pricing of such items are reviewed.

We do thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza for your lodging needs.
wayne
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband booked this room and he did a GREAT JOB!!! The room was GREAT, the FREE airport shuttle was GREAT, the staff was GREAT the pool was GREAT my stay was GREAT. There was not much to complain about with this trip. The room was nice and clean more than enough room for a family of three. I called the front desk about four times and each time they were more than helpful and seemed please to offer any suggestions. Right across from the Lite rail. The restaurant could have a little more options for breakfast. The menu was a little skimpy. Prices were a little pricey,but the french toast was the best french toast I EVER had. The manager was great. I ran across him a few times but had no idea he was the manager. Cool guy and seemed to really take pride in his work. In fact when I first saw him, I think he was putting away inventory. Once I found out he was the manager I was even more pleased. He spoke to all the guest, from what I saw GREAT JOB!! I will without a doubt return, the shower head made sure of that. LOL!!!! There are a few things that I wished were available but no big deal. I wish there was a free breakfast, but as I stated before the french toast I paid for was the BEST french toast that I ever had.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport for your recent lodging needs. We do thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide a great experience for all guests who stay with us. I have shared your comments about the French Toast with our kitchen staff. Thank you for the kind feedback. I must agree with you in that the French Toast is tasty! I have also shared your kind comments with the Restaurant Manager.

Next time you are in the Phoenix Airport area, let your husband handle the reservations and we will be sure that have that wonderful shower head ready and waiting for you.
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Remodeled, new carpet, furnishings, lobby redone. Nice hotel close to airport. Very little airplane noise. We were there during biker week and it was quiet. Most of the "bikers" were retired. Only down side was the size of the rooms. We had a king bed and space was limited.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors. There will be less traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Phoenix Airport. We value all feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy the recent renovations of the hotel and noise reduction upgrades. While we are not able to change the size of the rooms, we strive to make up the difference in the level of service, amenities, and location of the hotel.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.