All reviews evening reception two bedroom suite full kitchen breakfast and dinner social hour free breakfast living area spring training nice stay hotel staff enjoyed my stay front desk staff yogurt freeway dishwasher kitchenette housekeeping
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is nice - not fancy, but comfortable, clean, and roomy. It is close to the highway but very quiet. The price was only about 1/2 of what other Hilton properties in the area were charging during our stay, but the nice reviews we read here gave us confidence to give it a try. We were not disappointed. All the hotel staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful. The bed was comfortable and linens soft and fluffy. The breakfast was standard Homewood/ Hampton faire. Everything was well stocked, but the seating area was small for the size of the hotel. There was only one waffle maker and people were always waiting; would be nice to have a second one. Weather was mild so we didn't need the heating/AC unit much, but we did find it rather noisy and it blows hard. In the summer that's probably welcome, but we didn't care for it. It is only about 10 or 15 minutes to the Peoria Sports Complex, so stay here, save money, and have easy access to area attractions. (We went over to Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesen and enjoyed that tour, too.)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Conveniently located near highway in Northern Phoenix but quiet. Was a good starting point towards Sedona, Grand Canyon, and hot air balloon meeting places in Phoenix, Breakfast had variety and got us off to a quick start. Staff was welcoming and friendly. Facilities and rooms were very clean and spacious.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As a Hilton Diamond Member (and Marriott Gold), I am continually amazing at the lack of consistency in Hilton property with respect to the complimentary breakfast offering (more later). For this property, the positives are close to the interstate, an adjacent regional park (to walk/run mornings or evenings), and friendly front desk and (mostly) host(ess) staff during the complimentary breakfast and manager's reception. I stayed 3 nights and the room was well maintained and I liked the fact that you could open the windows and let fresh air come into the room. Bedding was acceptable, even for me in that I like a HARD mattress. The business center functioned correctly with everything in working order the outdoor pool was great. The only reason I am not rating this property 5 stars is that during the stay, the quality of both the breakfast and evening selections varied considerably. The breakfast option was good except for the "canned" fruit selection. Come on Homewood at Phoenix Metro! You call opening up a large can of Delmonte fruit cocktail and throw it in the serving bowl as edible and Hilton Quality? I think not. However the next morning, fresh blueberries and blackberries was the offering. I am confused. The former being way below Hilton standards in my mind and the latter being perfect. Dinner was unfortunately the same way - one evening some oversalted, over gravyed "meat cake" that I tried to feed to the local stray cat and they did not even want it. The next evenings' offering was some pretty good roasted chicken. Perhaps it is the fact this is a franchise owned property. Perhaps the timing of the food delivery? In any event, I like the property and will stay here if I have future business in north Phoenix.

Room tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for pool view (it is the East side away from the adjacent interstate.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and providing us some beneficial feedback. I apologize we failed to meet your expectations in regards of food and beverage offerings. I'm happy to honor our 100% satisfaction guarantee to make it up to you. Please contact me at anytime via email or phone and I will complete for you. Last, I will address your concerns with our team and make the necessary improvements.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We knew as we were approaching the hotel entrance that we were in for a great stay. Beautiful flowers in full bloom flanked the front entrance, planted in large southwestern style pots. As we entered the lobby two front desk staff members welcomed us with the nicest smiles anyone can imagine. The check-in process was quick and efficient. The General Manager came to the front desk, welcomed us and told us to let him know if there was anything we need. After we were in the room we received a call checking to make sure everything was as expected.

Every staff member we met greeted us with a smile and a question: "Is there anything you need?" The room was very clean, quiet and large with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast food was hot, tasty and in large variety. We were vacation/leisure travelers to northern Phoenix and we will definitely select this property on our next trip. It is difficult to pick the best part of our two-night experience since everything was perfect.

Room tip: We had a high floor with a nice view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Happy Friday and thank you for the incredible feedback. I will share this review with our entire team and celebrate the job well done. We value your loyalty with Hilton and look forward to serving you again. Enjoy your upcoming weekend.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was in Phoenix for a week for work and they suggested this hotel. What an great place. Free breakfast, and Free Dinner. The biggest cudo was on Thursday night I wasn't feeling so well so I went to the suite shop to see if they had some cold medicine. They did not.. while I was talking to the gentleman at the front desk about a place to walk to get something another employee approached me and offered to go get me something. I was so grateful and was willing to pay whatever for this convenience. I got the call that he had gotten me some and went to the front desk to get it.. when I asked how much it cost he told me it was comped.... 16 pack of dayquil liquicaps... AMAZING service. CUDOS and 5 starts from me.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Melisa T

Good morning, thank you for staying with us and for all the kind words. I hope you are feeling better and I'm glad I was able to help. Have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you back soon.