Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center
Ranked #57 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Picked this property because of value (2BD RM 2BT ADA AARP Disc.) but by far the best run desk and housekeeping/maintenance coordination we've seen in a long time. The new Manager (Michael) inherited an excellent staff and property where our expectations were far exceeded.

Room Tip: A great place to host a wedding or romantic retreat.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review. We value your loyalty with Hilton and hope to see you back soon. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Usually I find Homewood Suites to be the best value and stay for the price in the Hilton chain. However, my opinion of this brand has been seriously eroded thanks to this property. Stayed for three nights but treated by the front desk as a stranger with each nightly entrance.

First night, a huge cockroach crawled out of the tub and startled me in the middle of the night. I understand this can happen anywhere (although its a first for a Hilton hotel and I stay at 60+ per year, including many on the equator) especially in the American southwest, but this 'encounter' created suspicions about cleanliness levels. There was also no evening 'reception' in the lobby while there...perhaps the staff was on 'holiday' along with the pest sprayers. The property is hard to find from the highway and difficult without GPS or a good map...perhaps they are keeping the place a secret until they lose their affiliation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Michael S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Thank you for staying with us in Phoenix, we know you have many options in the area and we appreciate you choosing us. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience you had at our hotel. We recently had a change of ownership and management in mid September and some things did not meet expectations as we were going through the transition, for that I truly apologize as the guest should not feel any of that impact. I promise we are improving in all operational aspects at the hotel to exceed our guests expectations from now on. I’m truly excited for the new direction our hotel will be heading under new management. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with a great experience. Please know that we work closely with a professional pest control company who address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation with an additional sweep of your room and surrounding rooms. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to prevent similar situations in the future. In regards to our welcome home reception this is offered Mon-Thurs. from 5-7pm. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had to stay here for about 2 weeks. The suites were in great condition and very comfortable. I loved the nightly manager's reception (a.k.a. supper). For a "continental dinner", it's pretty good food (plus free beer and/or wine, if you're into that).

This is a very long hotel, so getting a room in the back corner means you will be taking a huge hike to your room.

It's also conveniently located near the Interstate and multitudes of dining options. Dealing with the desk clerks was always great. I always felt like they were there just to serve my needs! If you've got to stay in town for a period of time, this is the place to be!

Room Tip: Try to get a room nearer to the front desk side of the building to avoid the long walks.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and I rate it 5 out of 5 for the services provided at this location. Staff is very courteous and helpful. I like the daily breakfast and evening snacks with very good menu. Rooms and pretty clean and daily service is as perfect. I prefer staying here if I visit Phoenix once again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Last time I stayed at this site a few years ago it was great. This time it was better. Prices seem low to me. Staff people are too good to be true... but it's true. Someone is hiring great people and teaching them what to do to achieve best possible experience for guests. The building is quite excellent. The location is convenient and quiet... despite nearness of freeway. You don't hear it. There are very excellent restaurants all around. A quite wonderful self serve breakfast is included. Thanks to Maria who has perfected that assignment. The dining area is clean, comfortable, attractive, high quality furniture... nice view. Front desk people are incredible. Thank you Heather. Thank you Alexis. (Great tips for restaurants). Phoenix is growing on me. I would like to perfect the experience. Can I get a car rental delivered to the hotel? I would just like to relax in a taxi to the hotel from airport, and rent car next day. Why is Phoenix off the AMTRAK trail?

Really, I used to work security for a great hotel and I have been a tour guide in Europe. Had my share of hotel experience. I love the sincere, great people who work at this hotel.

You get a real stove, microwave, full size refrigerator, dishes, everything you need. HD TV would be a huge improvement... but the TVs are not old. Everything works and is well maintained. Nice pool and pool deck. Parking is great and surroundings are attractive. Excellent place... without over the top "luxury" that customers must support. Just the things we need, and a great price.

Room Tip: I saw no rooms that were not good. It is not a resort. I would not come to spend the days and nights...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here for a week in July. I was pleasantly surprised by the very large bedrooms, kitchens, and living rooms in the suites, and that dinner and breakfast is included in the price of the room. The rooms are very clean, and the staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. I had one small maintenance issue in the master bathroom, but it was fixed immediately (fan in the bathroom was making too much noise). This was the second Homewood Suites in which I have stayed, and I am learning that quality at these hotels is a standard. I will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank guinnw
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent a night here back at the start of March, overnighting on our way up to North East Arizona. The property was in a slightly confusing location when trying to find it from the freeway. The check-in person was extremely helpful and friendly and we loved the room, which had a nice southwestern decor and was very clean and spacious.

As we were there for one night only I can't comment on how good it would be for an extended stay, but having the small kitchen and living area separate from the bedroom made it very comfortable for the short stay.

Breakfast, which was included, was okay - nothing to rave about, but also nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple