All reviewstwo bedroom suiteevening receptionfull kitchensocial hourfree breakfastnice stayhotel staffliving areayogurthot breakfastfront desk staffbusiness trippropertyfreewaydishwasherkitchenetteroomy
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We spent a night here back at the start of March, overnighting on our way up to North East Arizona. The property was in a slightly confusing location when trying to find it from the freeway. The check-in person was extremely helpful and friendly and we loved the room, which had a nice southwestern decor and was very clean and spacious.

As we were there for one night only I can't comment on how good it would be for an extended stay, but having the small kitchen and living area separate from the bedroom made it very comfortable for the short stay.

Breakfast, which was included, was okay - nothing to rave about, but also nothing wrong with it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Attended a business meeting at this Suite, which was a perfect venue for an extended stay. Kitchenette is not well stocked, but usable. Grocery and shopping within close driving distance. Breakfast and dinner included in stay. Suites were perfect. Good hotel, I would recommend for all types of travelers and families.

Room Tip: The pull out couch was horrible. We used it for two nights, then decided to book another suite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jena T
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed here for 1+ week for work. The location is very convenient to the I-17 freeway and there is lots of retail just on the other side of the freeway.

Staff: Amazing staff that was super friendly and went out of their way to talk to us and assist where possible. There was one breakfast staff person that was actually kind of rude (I think her name was Lori? Not Edith who was great), but she did warm up over the course of my stay.

Rooms: The rooms are actually on the nicer end of most Homewood's I've stayed in and it was great to have a kitchenette. My only two complaints are that I was in a 5th floor room and while my room was non-smoking, the rest of the floor did have smoking rooms. Two nights after I checked in, I went up and it REEKED in the hallways coming to and from my room. If I had known, I would have asked for a different floor. It smelled pretty bad for the rest of the stay. The second is the shower ... the water pressure was low and my water never got really hot hot. Just more than warm.

Amenities: I did not use the pool or the gym, but the outdoor BBQ's are a nice feature and the on-site laundry was very convenient. The elevators are pretty slow, but I used the stairs most of the time. I also used the business center to print some things and I like that it was in a separate room and I never once had to wait for a computer.

The free breakfast was nice and they did provide a variety of items. If you came down later in the service, things like bananas and so forth were gone, but I was always able to find something hot. The bagels were pretty rock hard though. They are serve a "mini" dinner a few nights a week and while not great, it was super convenient when I was in a rush or if you're looking to save money. The dinners included free wine and beer.

This would be an excellent hotel for a budget-conscious family. You get the suite / separate bedroom set-up plus a kitchenette AND the hotel serves you breakfast and dinner.

I'll be back - just on a different floor!

Room Tip: Stay away from the top floor if you don't like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OpEd
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This Homewood, as its name suggests, is located in an office park area just outside of Phoenix. We had a 2-bed suite for an extremely reasonable price. The breakfast was as expected from a HWS, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. There was some lingering stench of cigarettes in the hallways, but it may have been related to one chain-smoking guest. All in all, it was a fine stay.

Room Tip: Pay for the size room that you need.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FPodesta
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We liked this hotel very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They provided free breakfast every morning, and dinner for Mon. thru Thurs. We appreciated the provided computer in a quiet private room off the dining room. The only change I would appreciate would be to provide more cable channels. For such a nice facility, there was a smaller selection of channels than in a lot of cheaper places we have stayed in. No History or A & E, which I would have enjoyed after a day of sightseeing. Also, since these are suites, there is a kitchenette, and we think someone was frying onions all night long. The smell was quite strong. This was on the 3rd floor. But all in all, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: There is more activity in the hallways on the first floor off the lobby. We were on the 3rd floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple