“Mostly Great!”

Ranked #64 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Seattle, WA
“Mostly Great!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stayed here for 1+ week for work. The location is very convenient to the I-17 freeway and there is lots of retail just on the other side of the freeway.

Staff: Amazing staff that was super friendly and went out of their way to talk to us and assist where possible. There was one breakfast staff person that was actually kind of rude (I think her name was Lori? Not Edith who was great), but she did warm up over the course of my stay.

Rooms: The rooms are actually on the nicer end of most Homewood's I've stayed in and it was great to have a kitchenette. My only two complaints are that I was in a 5th floor room and while my room was non-smoking, the rest of the floor did have smoking rooms. Two nights after I checked in, I went up and it REEKED in the hallways coming to and from my room. If I had known, I would have asked for a different floor. It smelled pretty bad for the rest of the stay. The second is the shower ... the water pressure was low and my water never got really hot hot. Just more than warm.

Amenities: I did not use the pool or the gym, but the outdoor BBQ's are a nice feature and the on-site laundry was very convenient. The elevators are pretty slow, but I used the stairs most of the time. I also used the business center to print some things and I like that it was in a separate room and I never once had to wait for a computer.

The free breakfast was nice and they did provide a variety of items. If you came down later in the service, things like bananas and so forth were gone, but I was always able to find something hot. The bagels were pretty rock hard though. They are serve a "mini" dinner a few nights a week and while not great, it was super convenient when I was in a rush or if you're looking to save money. The dinners included free wine and beer.

This would be an excellent hotel for a budget-conscious family. You get the suite / separate bedroom set-up plus a kitchenette AND the hotel serves you breakfast and dinner.

I'll be back - just on a different floor!

Room Tip: Stay away from the top floor if you don't like cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank OpEd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This Homewood, as its name suggests, is located in an office park area just outside of Phoenix. We had a 2-bed suite for an extremely reasonable price. The breakfast was as expected from a HWS, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. There was some lingering stench of cigarettes in the hallways, but it may have been related to one chain-smoking guest. All in all, it was a fine stay.

Room Tip: Pay for the size room that you need.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FPodesta
White Lake, Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We liked this hotel very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They provided free breakfast every morning, and dinner for Mon. thru Thurs. We appreciated the provided computer in a quiet private room off the dining room. The only change I would appreciate would be to provide more cable channels. For such a nice facility, there was a smaller selection of channels than in a lot of cheaper places we have stayed in. No History or A & E, which I would have enjoyed after a day of sightseeing. Also, since these are suites, there is a kitchenette, and we think someone was frying onions all night long. The smell was quite strong. This was on the 3rd floor. But all in all, it was a good experience.

Room Tip: There is more activity in the hallways on the first floor off the lobby. We were on the 3rd floor a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jugandme
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2012

The Homewood Suites experience is pretty standard nationwide and obviously the look and feel of the hotels are likewise. While I have ever to have a bad experience with this chain, from my experiences so far, the staff at this location was exceptional. There was not a single time that I ran across an employee in this property that I was not greeted and asked if they could be of help. Housekeeping was helpful and very attentive as was the front desk staff and the morning breakfast staff. Kudos to all.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are best to get in and out fast.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rafael A
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Based on previous reviews, I was little hesitant to book into this Homewood Suites location, although I'm a Hilton Honors member and usually find them to be great. I stayed for two nights (Jan 21-22) in a King suite on the 4th floor. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and I never heard any other guests during the night. I never had a whiff of cigarette smoke, even though the 5th floor is a smoking floor.

I thought it was easy to find the place, right off the 17 freeway. The complimentary breakfast had good variety. I missed having hard-boiled eggs and bananas, as some other hotels provide as part of their offerings.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ol_blue
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed January 19, 2012

This was a good place to stay. We were only there for one nite but it would be a great place to stay for a week with the family as they have a full fridge/kitchen area. We had the morning breakfast. it was ok but honestly the bf at hampton is usually better. but this is the place to stay if you need to feed a famly with out going out every nite. The workers were freindly. the pool was warm. the free popcorn was enjoyed by the kids. Thanks

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jeb g
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This Hilton property is centrally located in Phoenix.
The room rates are very reasonable.
Well designed space for hotel of this type.

The room was a little dusty and is in need of some minor repair work to the suite that we stayed in.
The room was quiet and allowed for a good nights sleep.
If you want the breakfast buffet go early as the small dining area will not accommodate everyone. Guest seem to hang around after eating and are oblivious to other guests desire to be able to sit at the table and have a meal. Saw many guests eating in the hotel lobby, on the sofa or taking the food back to their rooms..
Over all not a bad place to stay!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple