Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
Ranked #147 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Seattle, Washington
“Terrible”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

'' extended stay"??? I don't think anyone in their right mind would stay here longer than a night. It is a like staying in a ghetto. The room is filthy, the carpets are so dirty. The shower leaks and the smoke alarm was beeping all night I assume because someone could not take the time to change the battery! Just a disgrace, spend your hard earned money elsewhere, the place should be shut down!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nic675
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very disappointed that you experienced cleanliness issues and maintenance issues. You should not have to hear beeping from a smoke alarm and your carpets should be clean at check in. Please accept my apologies. To prevent this from happening again, my team is proactively cleaning all carpets and scheduling replacements of batteries before they become a problem.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at pat@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Basically the facility was you get what you pay for. The nice thing about this place is the room is more spacious than your regular room, the shower was nice, and the service was great (at least I had no problems). The problems I did have though was the ventilation in the room. The room smelled really bad when we first entered, rather musty to be honest. No way to open the window also the kitchen vent fan and the bathroom vent fan were broken. Each time my boyfriend and I cooked or used the shower, the room was either very moist or smelled due to the moisture/food cooking. The carpet also needed cleaning. Every time we walked around with our bare feet on the carpet, our feet would turn black. Pretty terrible. Also the pans were not very good. All food stuck to them and I spent three days trying to scrub the pan clean. The bathroom tile had mildew growing on the wall. Not all the outlets did not work as when I tried to plug something in the plug would fall out of the outlet. Also there was damage to the walls and other parts of the room. Overall, was a cozy place to sleep for a few hours, but not truly a hotel I think is worth spending a lot of time in. You get what you pay for. We stay seven nights all together.

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room before paying if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barkerchan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am pleased to hear that the spaciousness of your guest room exceeded your expectations. We strive to provide our guests with a clean comfortable place to stay, so I am disappointed to hear that you experienced cleanliness and ventilation issues. In response to your feedback, we are increasing our preventive maintenance program so all of our rooms are up to standards. Still, I am pleased our staff provided exceptional customer service during your stay.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at pat@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is the most disgusting, filthy, dangerous hotel that I have ever been. The entire room and property was filthy. The property is dirty, the rooms are filthy. The carpet, walls, floors, counters and every surface in the room was stained and/or covered with filth. It is completely unacceptable (and unsanitary) for anyone to stay here. The rooms were clearly not cleaned. I don't care if this is a budget hotel, there is absolutely no excuse for this. If the rooms are not clean or ready for a guest, then don't rent them out!!! I did not sleep here, for fear of contracting something....I checked out immediately after seeing my room. Then I was shown another room - however that one was just as dirty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have already initiated a preventive maintenance program to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pat@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The lock was jammed to my room and the attendant didn't have a master key. The Phoenix Fire Department had to be called to open the door. They indicated that the property had multiple fire code violations and was not safe.

Room Tip: Would not recommend this particular property. Is is dirty and not up to code. "DANGEROUS"...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Mark - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your room door jammed and you have concerns regarding cleanliness and safety. Please accept my apology. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is working diligently on ensuring that all the room doors are in working condition as well as any violations brought to our attention are quickly remedied. The safety of our guest and staff is our top priority so; we have worked with the fire department to ensure that our property does not have any violations. The team and I are also retraining on cleaning procedures to ensure each guest is provided a clean and comfortable guest room.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at elesus@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Don't stay here when there's any chance they will be so much as 70% booked. HORRIBLE service, no room cleaning/service.

First, we needed toilet paper. I go to ask the desk, at 8pm, "Sorry, the manager is gone, we don't have a key to the closet." Wow, don't trust your front line employees much, huh?

Laundry... $2 to wash, $4 to dry because they are poor dryers. Clean filter screens, half to 3/4 full just normal tees, undies, button down shirts, etc., they just work poorly.

So, my daughter wants to swim at just past 8pm... The lock won't open. "Oh, sorry, the manager just left, we don't have a key. The lock is broken" Really? Fine, their service stinks and they have poor key controls, well, maybe they'll at least have decent cleaning service... Except when they don't actually clean the room.

We DID ask for a one-hour delay the first weekend, but they never came back. "Sorry, they asked me to paint a room. I couldn't come back" Can't say I care, but whatever, it's a one-time thing, right? Wrong.

Next week it happens again despite assurances, "They'll get to your room by 12 noon, Sunday."

When I asked, "Again, no one cleaned our room, what's the reason now?" The answer...

"We're overbooked... We have a cleaning shortage... We'll TRY for Monday, but we're fully booked, I'll leave a note for them."

How do you overbook a hotel? It's not an airplane, there aren't people waiting in the parking lot on "stand by" waiting for rooms!? The lot is half-empty! It's a lie meant to placate me. So, for the second week in a row, I'll get rolls of toilet paper, and towels, for my own suite again. $1368 for a month, and I do my own cleaning. OH, WAIT, THEY DON'T HAVE ANY TOWELS, just hand rags. Forget it, I'll just be happy having toilet paper this time. We had at least one towel of our own thankfully.

Worst run Extended Stay I've ever used. I guess if you pre-pay, they have no incentive to serve you any longer. Might as well have stayed at a hostel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Micheal - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The housekeeping issues, staff responses, and lack of amenities you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have reviewed your entire stay and held a hotel staff coach and counseling meeting to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I hope that you will contact me directly, at pat@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I loved the layout of the suite I stayed in for four nights while visiting family in Phoenix. The kitchenette had everything I needed - although nothing matched. The bed area and bathroom both felt spacious and comfortably appointed. The flat screen TV was great (though channel selection was somewhat limited), and the fact that it swiveled so as to be viewable from both the sofa in the sitting area and the bed in the sleeping area was a plus. That all said, maintenance and housekeeping were not great. This could be a true gem, but these two facets of the operation hold it back. The complimentary breakfast items were good, and the overall price was really reasonable. I'd give it another shot but probably won't be needing Phoenix accommodations again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Joe - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about our wonderful suite designs. Our hotel does offer fully equipped suites with kitchens that really create a "home away from home" feel. However, I am very sorry that housekeeping and maintenance did not meet our standards. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff members and management to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at pat@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay if you make it to the Phoenix area again.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It su
completely was the worst hotels. Expefiencr I've had ghey are liars and thieves the rooms have nazty smelly carpet the bed linen smell likd cigarettes -elliot the manger is the rudest person, and. Should not work in customer service

• Stayed June 2013