“Negative reviewers are crazy”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
Ranked #132 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place was perfect for me. Its like a small apartment. comfortable, quiet and just nice overall. I really liked the fact that they didn't have daily maid service. I can hang and reuse my towels (conserve water people!). I also like to have my iPad and Laptop out and readily available. when maids are in and out, you never know what will be left. I liked the full sized fridge and stove top so I didn't have to eat out every night. I made my own meals and there were pans, plates and utensils ready to use along with a dishwasher. I have no complaints. I got a great deal from hotels.com as well. (not a paid endorser but, I wouldn't complain if they wanted to give me money) over all, very good. I will be using Extended Stay America whenever I travel for work.

Room Tip: All the sections looked just fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our amenities and room set up are to your liking! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We arrived late at night (11 PM, 2 am our time) and were very disappointed with the service we received. The lobby for the reception desk was locked, we arrived by cab and were left at the door of this 'motel'. Not a great feeling of security for a woman in this neighborhood. The desk clerk came to the door, gave us a key but with no map. After walking around trying to find the room, carrying heavy suitcases upstairs to the second floor, the key didn't work. Back to the reception area, ringing the bell, waiting for someone, asking for the first floor and a MAP of the property, we finally go to go to bed. Noisy from the street. Would never stay at this 2* property again.

Room Tip: Take a first floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bonlou30

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that you arrived after the office closed, we do have a phone out front on the pillar for all late night arrivals. In response to your feedback, I am working with my night team to ensure that all guests know the location to their room. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pat@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Helpful, welcoming front desk. Efficient, no-nonsense check-in. All facilities I would wish for for an overnight stay, including a 32 " flat screen TV, fridge-freezer, cooking unit, and a very comfortable bed. Useful shopping units/food facilities nearby. Corrected my directions to airport with a smile!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff and our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

This place was just what I needed...a place to stay for the night. The room was a little cramped for my 2 kids and I especially with the sofa bed out. But that was fine due to it only being out before bed. The location wasn't that bad and have stayed in far worse for more money. The room had all the amenities we needed for our short stay. We all had a restful night sleep before leaving for the airport.

Meagan was pretty cool also. Overall I'd stay here again if I needed a place to crash near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review. I'm glad that you and your children had a good stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I chose for the location, but my bad experience drove me away from staying at any other Extended Stay.

The copper pipes were apparantly stolen in the middle of the night(it was in the ghetto, if I would have known this I wouldn't have stayed in the first place), and when I went to shower, there was no water. I called the front desk and they said it should be a couple of hours. Fine. Because of no water, it pushed back my time to get ready. I called the front desk around 11:30 to ask for another hour so I could get ready since because of no fault of mine, I didn't have water in my room for 2 hours. The receptionist was very rude to me and told me no. I called back again and she said she would give me an hour. Low and behold someone came knocking at my door at 12pm, I explained to her the front desk gave me an hour. She came back 5 minutes later and said the front desk never said that. Considering it was an isolated experience, they should have given me an hour but they didn't. I wrote corporate and it was the manager that answered my e-mail not corporate, so nothing was done. I will not be staying at any other locations due to this and if you chose to stay at this ghetto location, I hope nothing goes wrong because they will not attempt to accomodate around their issues.

Room Tip: Ghetto. Don't waste your money or patience,
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank G D
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our backflows were stolen the evening of your stay. To make sure this doesn't occur in the future, we are taking preventative measures so this will not happen again. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pat@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great place to stay having clean comfortable accommodations. The staff was cheerful and attentive going beyond their call of duty at times. The room was just right having a clean small kitchen. Close to all shopping needs and special events. Pricing was right on. No problem here at all. I'll be back. Thanks

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff went out of their way for you and that you were happy with your accommodations . Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel for business which takes me to Phoenix weekly. This is my home away from home. I am welcomed by the "dynamic duo" Managers Shelly and Jay. My room is always freshly cleaned and ready for me. I also take advantage of the many ammenities: full kitchen,laundry facilities,gym,shuttle service and of course the pool and BBQ. What I love most about staying here is that I am always treated like family!! Great place to stay and play!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you feel we are your "home away from home". Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!