“Stay at your own risk”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
Ranked #143 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Mesa, Arizona
“Stay at your own risk”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I chose for the location, but my bad experience drove me away from staying at any other Extended Stay.

The copper pipes were apparantly stolen in the middle of the night(it was in the ghetto, if I would have known this I wouldn't have stayed in the first place), and when I went to shower, there was no water. I called the front desk and they said it should be a couple of hours. Fine. Because of no water, it pushed back my time to get ready. I called the front desk around 11:30 to ask for another hour so I could get ready since because of no fault of mine, I didn't have water in my room for 2 hours. The receptionist was very rude to me and told me no. I called back again and she said she would give me an hour. Low and behold someone came knocking at my door at 12pm, I explained to her the front desk gave me an hour. She came back 5 minutes later and said the front desk never said that. Considering it was an isolated experience, they should have given me an hour but they didn't. I wrote corporate and it was the manager that answered my e-mail not corporate, so nothing was done. I will not be staying at any other locations due to this and if you chose to stay at this ghetto location, I hope nothing goes wrong because they will not attempt to accomodate around their issues.

Room Tip: Ghetto. Don't waste your money or patience,
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank G D
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our backflows were stolen the evening of your stay. To make sure this doesn't occur in the future, we are taking preventative measures so this will not happen again. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pat@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Storrs, Connecticut
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great place to stay having clean comfortable accommodations. The staff was cheerful and attentive going beyond their call of duty at times. The room was just right having a clean small kitchen. Close to all shopping needs and special events. Pricing was right on. No problem here at all. I'll be back. Thanks

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that my staff went out of their way for you and that you were happy with your accommodations . Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I travel for business which takes me to Phoenix weekly. This is my home away from home. I am welcomed by the "dynamic duo" Managers Shelly and Jay. My room is always freshly cleaned and ready for me. I also take advantage of the many ammenities: full kitchen,laundry facilities,gym,shuttle service and of course the pool and BBQ. What I love most about staying here is that I am always treated like family!! Great place to stay and play!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you feel we are your "home away from home". Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Tombstone, Arizona
Reviewed November 12, 2012

First off I probably would not have stayed here if I had read the reviews first. But we were driving to Phoenix for the night and needed a room. So I just booked it on Priceline without reading the reviews. It was a Express Deal. So I booked and the room turned out to be very nice. It was clean and a comfy bed. But some loud guests walking by late at night that was the only negative thing . But all in all I recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TombstoneTerry
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you were overall happy with your stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Our Hendersonville Video team arrived midday and everyone was checked in within a few minutes. This is like a two or three star hotel and is a good value for the money, but a refurb is due. Great parking and a nice desk staff. Ihop is only a block away. Very handy.

Room Tip: No problem parking our box trucks.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Channel_70
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were happy with your stay and with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Fall River
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This had to have been the worst event ever. I check in on a Wednesday Afternoon, and By Saturday, I was being bitten alive, I have bite marks on my chest, Arms, Legs, and my face. My face became swallowen, I drove my own car down, and I had to check out early because of the bitting, and how the sad part was I had to change rooms, by that point it was just to late. I emailed Corp. and made the comment that I was still there as well. What is said, by the time my stuff was in the car, the flea's got worse. I have photos to prove. I had to flea bomb my car, twice and sat in Northern AZ and wait till it took effect. The sad part is, the room wasn't cheap. I lived in the neighborhood, so I just thought it would have been fine. Due to the lack of asking me how I was doing, I wasn't about to go back in complain, I checked out on a Tuesday instead of Wednesday, I have a doctors apt on Tuesday, because of the issues, my wrist, ankles are swallowen, then on top of that where I had the quater to 1/2 dollar sized bumps on me, I now have red bloctes that still itch. I have to say this was the wrost hotel ever. I should have stayied where I was than stay here.

With that as an issue, the other major issue was the key, My door didn't always open, and thinking it was a bad key, I would walk back and ask for another key. I would get one guy say, its not the greatest techonolgy, well why did it work in 210 but not in 208, maybe the lady was right the batterys were dying.

Oh, the other issues, it smelled really bad almost like the smell of mold. I tried to keep the door open as much as possible to let the fresh air be the magic.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lsoxchance
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, September 7, 2012

Our housekeeping staff strives to provide clean rooms to all of our guests. To do so, they clean each one every 7-days, and in between upon guest request for a minimal fee, and after a guest checks out. As well, they keep our property as a whole clean doing sweeps on a daily basis. These procedures should eliminate any smells and ensure that the premises are pristine. We apologize that this is not what you experienced.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

If ever visiting Phoenix, the Extended Stay on E. Oak St. Is the place to stay. My business
Takes me in and out of Phoenix all the time and I have been using the above named property
For the last 2 1/2 years. I always get picked up from the airport promptly and can rest assured
My trip back to the airport is as prompt and efficient. I always find the rooms clean and appreciate the addition of the flat screen TVs. I am a member of Costco and it is just a walk
Across the street to get my pizza or hotdog or any other items needed if staying more than a
Couple of days. I am an avid swimmer and love to 'lap it up' as part of a program to stay
Physically in shape. The pool is even heated during the fall and winter months.
Shelly Schall, the general manager and Jay Stanbridge, her assistant run a friendly and
Knowledgeable staff and are to be commended in the utmost manner in running a property
That anyone would love to stay at and feel welcomed. I will continue to give you my business
As long as business brings me to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Getting a room on the backside of the hotel and away from the main road (44th St.) is a plus if you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, July 30, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!