“True definition of service and efficiency!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
Ranked #147 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“True definition of service and efficiency!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

If ever visiting Phoenix, the Extended Stay on E. Oak St. Is the place to stay. My business
Takes me in and out of Phoenix all the time and I have been using the above named property
For the last 2 1/2 years. I always get picked up from the airport promptly and can rest assured
My trip back to the airport is as prompt and efficient. I always find the rooms clean and appreciate the addition of the flat screen TVs. I am a member of Costco and it is just a walk
Across the street to get my pizza or hotdog or any other items needed if staying more than a
Couple of days. I am an avid swimmer and love to 'lap it up' as part of a program to stay
Physically in shape. The pool is even heated during the fall and winter months.
Shelly Schall, the general manager and Jay Stanbridge, her assistant run a friendly and
Knowledgeable staff and are to be commended in the utmost manner in running a property
That anyone would love to stay at and feel welcomed. I will continue to give you my business
As long as business brings me to the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Getting a room on the backside of the hotel and away from the main road (44th St.) is a plus if you...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Andrew W, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, July 30, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lake Arrowhead, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I checked in which took what seemed forever. Got to my room used the toilet and it was clogged before I used it. So I spent the first 15 minutes plunging the toilet. The room was stuffy and smelled like pet urine. Then my room key didn't work. I left to run some errands got back to my room to find that my door was open. You had to pull it really hard to make sure it was closed. The room was dusty and looks like a blind person cleaned it. The microwave's turn table plate was missing. The shower had mold growing between the tiles. I don't think I would stay here or recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SoCal789
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this review, May 4, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

Unfortunately we stayed 2 nights at this motel. Bout a hour in to our stay the toilet over flooded, the room furniture was run down, scratched, the room had a disgusting odor, the bed was hard & very dirty, the door lock was loose & the air conditioner was missing the cover. <- this was all in the first room we had until the toilet incident they switched us rooms. The 2nd room was a little better, but the bed was a lot dirtier. Stains were on the mattress & mattress box. There was crumbs under the bed and sofa. The air conditioner was dirty. The next day we were gone all day & by the time we got back to the room we were tired & worn out. But then our keys didn't work which meant we had to walk down to lobby & wait for the front desk staff to open door & re scan our keys. Once we opened the doors to our surprise the room was still dirty. The housekeeping staff had not come by to our room & neighbors. for 2 nights we paid 181.62 in hopes we were getting a nice hotel. Before our trip we looked at the hotel photo gallery online & chose to stay here because of the way the motel was presented. Turns out this was the biggest mistake & a waste of our money! Your better off staying at a Red Roof Inn or any other hotel. I wish we got our money back but that was a long stretch of happening. Save your money & go for a nicer hotel experience!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank nm87301
Tucson, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We booked our room through Priceline and were very excited by the price we received. We contacted the hotel directly to request (2) beds in the room. We were informed that there was a $10 upgrade fee for that type of room. We were also informed that there was a sofa bed in the room we had, so it could accomodate our party without the upgrade fee. When we arrived to check-in, we were asked if we needed sheets for the pull-out bed and we were handed a fitted sheet and a flat sheet. We made the assumption that there would be blankets/pillows in the room. When we opened the door to our room, there was an overwhelming odor of cooked food. We turned on the fan immediately to help circulate the air and hopefully lessen the smell. The smell was still noticeable upon check-out the following morning. In the shower, when you pull up the button on the faucet to make the water come out of the shower head, a fairly steady stream of water continues coming out of the faucet, making the water pressure pretty pathetic from the shower head. When we pulled out the sofa bed, there were crumbs and dirt under the mattress. If you are unfortunate enough to be on the door-side of the room when you pull out the bed, you must literally crawl over the bed to get back to the other side of the room. Once we put the sheets onto the bed and crawled back to the other side of the room to look in the closet for blankets and pillows, we could only find one pillow. There are only 2 pillows on the standard bed, so you cannot borrow from there. We called down to the desk to request a blanket. We were told they ran out of blankets and we were offered a mattress pad or additional sheets. All in all, I have to say that the room was clean and it was very nice to have a full-size refigerator in the room. However, the mattresses on the pull-out, as well as the standard bed were terrible and the amenities are non-existent. The only thing in the bathroom is one hotel sized bar of soap. Be sure to bring all of your own toiletries! For $29.00 per night, which is the rate we received through Priceline, you cannot expect the Ritz, but you should at least be able to get a blanket, a shower that works properly, an odor free room and a path around a bed.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Zfamily123
Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

Staff was very nice and helpful, but the place is very run down and dirty. If you want to save a few bucks, it's OK. I wouldn't stay here with kids due to the other guests this place attracts. Vans full of magazine "salesmen" were there obviously drunk or high. Cigarette butts and beer cans littered the walkways and parking lot. We felt unsafe and did not sleep well.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Trayzus
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Good place if you want to make a quick overnight trip to Phoenix. Business trips only pls. Average room quality. But was at a convenient location w.r.t my place of work. Close to the airport, so you can afford skipping the rental car.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with family....On 1st impressions outside of the hotel looked good.
Our room however looked well lived in, furniture was scratched and looked old. Carpet was dirty. Some of the untensils in the kitchen were also dirty. A few of the electrical fittings were broken. One light switch in particular was loose and hard to switch off. Was wary of my kids touching it.
It seems this is more of a cheap short term lodging rather than a weekend getaway hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family