“Great place to stay in Phoenix”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Arizona Royal Villa Resort
Ranked #84 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Montreal, Québec
“Great place to stay in Phoenix”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed this resort. The hotel is very clean inside the rooms and around the pool. The rooms are renovated with taste. I really enjoyed the jacuzzi day and night, it was fun to relax there. Also the hotel is not far from many gay venues in Phoenix. I don t have a clue what some reviewers said about rules or anything like that. The owner Doug is a very nice guy, very relax and always ready to help. So forget those comments and do not hesitate to book there!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Dommtl
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We work hard to please all our guests.

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is our 2nd stay here, the first being kinda newly opened. I see many improvements more of them surface, instead of real renovations, bath had old tub and just new fixtures stuck on them, shower head small, old and placed very low. Bed did not seem to have premium mattress just average, we stayed in a buddy room, as I was traveling with a friend. This extra room had an old fashioned small TV as maybe in the 70's, also TV in the main room had a small screen by today's standards. The music is on low volume but the thump...thump...thump of the base could still be heard in the rooms and I would prefer it to be turned off earlier in the evenings. Folks I met there seemed quite friendly. Doug really does his best to be helpful, but this somehow comes across as being somewhat backhanded. For instance when explaining the TV remote control he said he would explain how it worked, but we would still "muff it up". Really?..I have quite a bit of computer experience I think I can figure how to work a TV remote control without muffing if up. Other times his helpfulness comes across as more of a control freakiness. (is there such a word ?.. lol) Also one side of this resort has "ghetto" type apts which can be rather unnerving for the faint-hearted. When leaving I said to Doug "well it was really good staying with you and thanks, just trying to give him the chance to use his "hospitality" skills back to us, to with no avail. BTW I consider myself the perfect guest, keep everything neat and almost clean my own room. I wonder.....what's with Phoenix and its "speciality" resorts. I stayed a week at Timmy's (he would have a conniption fit if you called him this) he must be called Tim, at Arizona Sunburst Inn, and he is also appears to be a control-freak IMHO of course. This was a few years ago, before I started to write reviews (he is lucky!) Anywho, maybe it's just me, but I will become straight before I stay at either of these places again in Phoenix. Really.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank lookingabout
In response to this review, we would like to share on some of the items addressed, namely;

1) "Ghetto rooms" We have no "one side of ghetto rooms". All the rooms are the same as each other. The property next door is a lower income, ethnic, long term rental complex with wonderful people who accept us just as we are. This is not part of our complex and our guests should not be on their premises without their permission.

2) Our TV's are NEW HD 32' screens. We have gone all out with the channel selection (over 300) with HBO, SHOW, MAX, and the Sirius/XM music lineup as well. We have even gone to the expense of placing HD receivers in the rooms for 1080i quality picture.

3) Due to the placement of buttons on the DISH remotes, we advise our clients that if they "muff up" the remote to please call us to help get them back on track. We are there for their needs.

4) Our beds are "better" quality 12" and not "best" quality. This helps keep our rates starting at under $90 per night., with no resort fees and free WIFI.

5. Renovations. We have gone far beyond the cosmetic renovations our clients duly pointed out in the review. We have installed granite countertops, new cabinetry, new furniture, upgraded bathrooms with new toilets, ceramic flooring and lots more as well.

We are entering our 22nd year now at the Villa and over 60% of our clientele is repeat business. We thank the reviewer for their comments, and as always, stay safe and happy in your travels!!
Albuquerque, Nm
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Royal Villas is AWESOME! I stayed a week (in room #13) and had a great time. Doug – the owner – is really sweet and works very hard to insure that everyone has a good experience in a clean, safe environment. Three nights of my 7-night stay the hotel was completely full but it didn’t feel that way; there were always plenty of loungers on the deck and plenty of room in the pool and hot tub. The other guys I met were friendly and hospitable; the only time I got any “attitude” was from some day pass guys, but who cares? My room was spacious (I had the 1-bedroom suite), clean, functional, well-stocked and quite pleasant. Wi-fi worked well indoors and out. Best of all? The ability to hang out and enjoy the sundeck, pool and hot tub “au naturel”. Complaints? Minor. Water pressure in my shower was a bit weak and it would be nice if the hot tub jets remained on until midnight. But so what? Everything else was great. I’m already looking forward to my next visit, which will be soon.

Room Tip: North side suites will have cooler, darker bedrooms. All rooms open to pool, deck and hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank abqtravelermta
Thank you for your stay! See you next time!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Really enjoyed this place. My main goal is to enjoy some warm weather in nude by the pool, and I accomplished just that. The place is clean, location is very good, close to many restaurants and bars, and not too far from the PHX airport. I've read some negative comments about this place, and I've been here couple times now and did not experience anything bad, especially with the manager/owner. He's always pleasant and friendly. Definitely will come back again.

Room Tip: Got upgraded to the beach house, and it has a nice personal access to the pool area. Really liked i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank KirkyTravel
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Not gonna lie, as I pulled up in front of the place it looked like a fortress of concrete block and I was a little apprehensive. One step inside the "fortress" alleviated all my fears. The courtyard was extremely inviting and I was immediately at ease. Doug welcomed me and, as I was checking in, he gave me a rundown of the rules. It quickly became apparent to me that the rules were in place for my safety and the enjoyment of my stay. I could not be more impressed with the cleanliness and overall look of the property. Most amazing is the fact that the owners seem to maintain the property single-handedly. I can very much appreciate the work that must go into maintaining the facilities and the pride of ownership certainly shows. Great job Doug and Kenny!

I can't wait for another chance to come and stay with these guys again. I can only guess that those who have had a bad experience here will sadly never find a place to their satisfaction.

Room Tip: You are really spoiled for choice with this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Brian P
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been going to this small 15 rooms and suites gay resort for several years. I always go in the summer. Hotter the better. Never fully occupied and seems to be more 40+ crowd. There is no restaurant or bar on property nor a work out facility. If you are looking for that, this is not the place. Owners Kenny and Doug are excellent two man team. Never loud or noisy and they are very particular who is allowed to either come on a day pass or stay over night. All accommodations are poolside. Well worth a try.

Room Tip: Reserve the one bedroom suite. Fully functioning kitchen which is perfect to cook you own breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank C S
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This wasn't my first visit to Royal Villa. Kenny and Doug are gracious hosts! The property is clean and well maintained. Rooms are comfortable and clean.

If there is any problem, these guys will make it right!!!! Thank you guys!!!

Will I be back? For sure!!!

Room Tip: Can't quite put my finger on it, but I rather stay in the rooms on the side across from the offi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends