“Sun & Skin, Friends & Fun”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Arizona Royal Villa Resort
Ranked #83 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Albuquerque, Nm
“Sun & Skin, Friends & Fun”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Royal Villas is AWESOME! I stayed a week (in room #13) and had a great time. Doug – the owner – is really sweet and works very hard to insure that everyone has a good experience in a clean, safe environment. Three nights of my 7-night stay the hotel was completely full but it didn’t feel that way; there were always plenty of loungers on the deck and plenty of room in the pool and hot tub. The other guys I met were friendly and hospitable; the only time I got any “attitude” was from some day pass guys, but who cares? My room was spacious (I had the 1-bedroom suite), clean, functional, well-stocked and quite pleasant. Wi-fi worked well indoors and out. Best of all? The ability to hang out and enjoy the sundeck, pool and hot tub “au naturel”. Complaints? Minor. Water pressure in my shower was a bit weak and it would be nice if the hot tub jets remained on until midnight. But so what? Everything else was great. I’m already looking forward to my next visit, which will be soon.

Room Tip: North side suites will have cooler, darker bedrooms. All rooms open to pool, deck and hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank abqtravelermta
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your stay! See you next time!

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Really enjoyed this place. My main goal is to enjoy some warm weather in nude by the pool, and I accomplished just that. The place is clean, location is very good, close to many restaurants and bars, and not too far from the PHX airport. I've read some negative comments about this place, and I've been here couple times now and did not experience anything bad, especially with the manager/owner. He's always pleasant and friendly. Definitely will come back again.

Room Tip: Got upgraded to the beach house, and it has a nice personal access to the pool area. Really liked i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank KirkyTravel
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Not gonna lie, as I pulled up in front of the place it looked like a fortress of concrete block and I was a little apprehensive. One step inside the "fortress" alleviated all my fears. The courtyard was extremely inviting and I was immediately at ease. Doug welcomed me and, as I was checking in, he gave me a rundown of the rules. It quickly became apparent to me that the rules were in place for my safety and the enjoyment of my stay. I could not be more impressed with the cleanliness and overall look of the property. Most amazing is the fact that the owners seem to maintain the property single-handedly. I can very much appreciate the work that must go into maintaining the facilities and the pride of ownership certainly shows. Great job Doug and Kenny!

I can't wait for another chance to come and stay with these guys again. I can only guess that those who have had a bad experience here will sadly never find a place to their satisfaction.

Room Tip: You are really spoiled for choice with this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Brian P
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been going to this small 15 rooms and suites gay resort for several years. I always go in the summer. Hotter the better. Never fully occupied and seems to be more 40+ crowd. There is no restaurant or bar on property nor a work out facility. If you are looking for that, this is not the place. Owners Kenny and Doug are excellent two man team. Never loud or noisy and they are very particular who is allowed to either come on a day pass or stay over night. All accommodations are poolside. Well worth a try.

Room Tip: Reserve the one bedroom suite. Fully functioning kitchen which is perfect to cook you own breakfast...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank C S
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This wasn't my first visit to Royal Villa. Kenny and Doug are gracious hosts! The property is clean and well maintained. Rooms are comfortable and clean.

If there is any problem, these guys will make it right!!!! Thank you guys!!!

Will I be back? For sure!!!

Room Tip: Can't quite put my finger on it, but I rather stay in the rooms on the side across from the offi...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Charlton Q
Lewiston, Idaho
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The main reason I picked the Royal Villa was of it's location; central Phoenix and near the Pride celebration and festival. I made a good decision.

Right off I was impressed by the security. The entire Resort is surrounded by a high block wall and entry involves getting thru 2 steel gates, and only the paying visitor and one guest, or, a day visitor by prior arrangement get in.

The rooms were stunningly clean and organized with an excellent bed, kitchen, bathroom with showered tub, non-smoking..............I can't say enough; I felt right at home.

Restaurants are not next door, but it's an easy walk to a couple of nice bars, McDonalds, Panda Express and the like. I say easy walk as someone who was a week from knee surgery. I had no problem strolling to the businesses and the park where the Pride festivities were going on. I think a car would have been handy to explore more of Phoenix and there's parking for that.

As a certified Pool Operator I couldn't wait to check out the pool and hot tub areas and it was also impressive. The water was always sparkling clean, the pool deck was always totally clear of dirt and debris and was surrounded by desert landscape. All of the pool area lounges were in absolutely perfect, like new condition. The issue of oils has been mentioned; the oils will cause a severe problem with keeping the pool tiles clean and anyone who has had to maintain a pool filter knows what a horrible mess the oils cause inside the filter, which leads to sanitation issues, since the filter can't filter. The dry lotions work better anyway.

Kenny and Doug were really friendly and informative and showed that they really care about their business. They do run a tight ship, and I like that. The price was a surprise, quite a bit less than I expected and better than most places I've stayed

There are even outside showers for those who want them...............It is a cloths-optional resort. There's no doubt that I'll be going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank sonlover83501
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your kinds words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Enjoy your summer in Idaho!
toronto, ontario
Reviewed April 10, 2013

it's been a number of months since i was last at the royal villa. it's only keeps getting better.
there is sun tan locations available outside the office!
the pool as inviting as ever and the hot tub ready to sooth tired muscles.
was there during phoenix pride parade and festival and the resort was full, full, full. i was so lucky to get a last minute cancellation for a five night stay!
thanks to doug and kenny for making my stay as pleasant and enjoyable as ever!

Room Tip: as an alternative to driving downtown if your attending a convention, take the #12 air conditioned b...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank muscletongue3000
Well Gary, is it 5 or 6 times now you have been back? We love you. Thank you for the kind words and hopefully if I have enough time the next time I am in Toronto, we should get together for lunch. Hope to see you soon. Doug and Kenny