Arizona Royal Villa Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$100
BestWestern.com
$396
$278
  • Restaurant
All reviewssafari suiterelaxing staya great place to stayguestspoolaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The main reason I picked the Royal Villa was of it's location; central Phoenix and near the Pride celebration and festival. I made a good decision.

Right off I was impressed by the security. The entire Resort is surrounded by a high block wall and entry involves getting thru 2 steel gates, and only the paying visitor and one guest, or, a day visitor by prior arrangement get in.

The rooms were stunningly clean and organized with an excellent bed, kitchen, bathroom with showered tub, non-smoking..............I can't say enough; I felt right at home.

Restaurants are not next door, but it's an easy walk to a couple of nice bars, McDonalds, Panda Express and the like. I say easy walk as someone who was a week from knee surgery. I had no problem strolling to the businesses and the park where the Pride festivities were going on. I think a car would have been handy to explore more of Phoenix and there's parking for that.

As a certified Pool Operator I couldn't wait to check out the pool and hot tub areas and it was also impressive. The water was always sparkling clean, the pool deck was always totally clear of dirt and debris and was surrounded by desert landscape. All of the pool area lounges were in absolutely perfect, like new condition. The issue of oils has been mentioned; the oils will cause a severe problem with keeping the pool tiles clean and anyone who has had to maintain a pool filter knows what a horrible mess the oils cause inside the filter, which leads to sanitation issues, since the filter can't filter. The dry lotions work better anyway.

Kenny and Doug were really friendly and informative and showed that they really care about their business. They do run a tight ship, and I like that. The price was a surprise, quite a bit less than I expected and better than most places I've stayed

There are even outside showers for those who want them...............It is a cloths-optional resort. There's no doubt that I'll be going back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank sonlover83501
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you very much for your kinds words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Enjoy your summer in Idaho!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

it's been a number of months since i was last at the royal villa. it's only keeps getting better.
there is sun tan locations available outside the office!
the pool as inviting as ever and the hot tub ready to sooth tired muscles.
was there during phoenix pride parade and festival and the resort was full, full, full. i was so lucky to get a last minute cancellation for a five night stay!
thanks to doug and kenny for making my stay as pleasant and enjoyable as ever!

Room Tip: as an alternative to driving downtown if your attending a convention, take the #12 air conditioned bus downtown -- it drops you off opposite the convention center for 2 dollars. the transit stop is right outside the resort going south and opposite the resort on the return trip.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank muscletongue3000

Well Gary, is it 5 or 6 times now you have been back? We love you. Thank you for the kind words and hopefully if I have enough time the next time I am in Toronto, we should get together for lunch. Hope to see you soon. Doug and Kenny

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed here many times in many years. The owner Doug told me that no oils were allowed to be used. And it was not because of the swimming pool as I thought... it was because the oils made his cleaning the bed sheets tougher. I had never heard of any hotel/motel ever having that "rule" and I had always used tanning oils. But I obeyed that "rule".

Another time when I went out to get something from my car parked in their lot, I was wearing short shorts. The other owner Ken yelled at me and said I had to wear longer shorts to go to my car-what? I never heard something like that before..I was not naked or exposing anything!

Then an hour before checkout-and I never checkout late- Doug knocked loudly at my door and yelled out "remember 10am is checkout-don;t be late" Wow!

The topper was when i was going to book it again -despite these gestapo owners- he said on the phone that he wouldn't let me stay there any longer as I used self-tanning lotions. Again he never even had THAT as a "rule" of his and I obeyed all his other gestapo ruies all the time. I have never been 86ed out of any place ever in my life and am a nice calm guy. These owners treat the guests like kids and have controlling power issues! Stay at the Arizona Sunburst Inn-host Tim there is a gem and VERY friendly! You will feel like you are going from "hell" to "Heaven" with the switch as I do!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
14  Thank RichS480
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in March in the Safari Suite. Doug, the owner is very friendly and went out of his way to make sure our late arrival was accommodated. The room was very nice and spacious and the price is incredible. The resort is very clean, with a nice size pool and large spa. Although the resort is clothing optional the patrons, including local guests on day passes, are very friendly. I would highly recommend staying here, support the local guy over the big chains. The reviews about a rude owner are unfounded. We will be making reservations here when we return to Phoenix again.

Room Tip: The Safari Suite is the middle of the resort its like having your own house. All rooms looked nicely appointed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Robert G
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Hey guys! Thanks for the positive feedback. The Safari Suite is a cozy, romantic suite. Glad you were comfortable and very happy you will return to the Villa. Have a safe flight home!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were brand new to PHX and the whole scene there. The resort sounded and inviting and welcoming and we could not have been more satisfied or pleased. Doug made us feel welcome and rules and regulations were easily understood and not at all obstructive. The room was large and comfortable. The whole atmsophere and attitude of staff and guests alike was laid back and welcoming and conversations with folks from all over where the rule not the exception. Hot tub/jacuzzi was heaven even at 6:00 AM and yes, as soom remarked, the pool a bit chilly but I mean what???...........it was February!
Are were planning to return?................already have a reservation made!

Room Tip: Every room opens out to the pool area tere is not a bad choice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crossfyre

Hi there! Thank you for your kind review. We have worked hard over the years in order to make and keep people happy. We have a return rate of around 80%. Returning guests become "family" in a way and you can never have enough family. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to the Villa!