“4th visit in 5 years”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Arizona Royal Villa Resort
Ranked #86 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Partner and I had yet another wonderful visit at the Villa. Recently spent 5 nights at the Villa. Doug and Kenny do all they can to make everyone comfortable and welcome. The recent updates and improvements show pride of ownership and desire to encourage and welcome repeat visits. The attentive eye of managment is not a negative for us, and in fact was quite welcome when one guest decided to venture beyond pool grounds and gate "naked" to greet his arriving afternoon "guest/hook up?"
The managers have a wonderful property, and maintain it as such. This includes having to sometimes offer - as earlier review comments "a trip to the guidance counselor" for those guests who when mixing fun, sun and alcohol revert to being adolescent boys who make poor choice in actions. For us, certainly appreciate the care and attention the owners extend to be sure everyones visit is fun, safe and enjoyable. And with such care, assure that the Villa remains open and available to all, who visit Phoenix and play in the Sun! Look forward to next visit all ready!

Room Tip: Ask for North Side winter months to enjoys sunshine, perhaps Southern if traveling in Late Spring, S...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kevin L
There are newer reviews for Arizona Royal Villa Resort

Reviewed February 24, 2012

arrived at the hotel at 01h30 and key was in lock box as advised by doug the owner.
crashed for the night awaking at about 10h30. doug was available for me to process my checkin. great parking and access to the nmbr 12 bus downtown. just a short walk or drive to rosco's bar.
i'm sold on the royal villa for my future stays!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank muscletongue3000
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My traveling partner and I had a most enjoyable three night stay here earlier this month. Management was spot-on in assuring we were comfortable & offered excellent suggestions for dining,, etc. Rental rates.. very reasonable for what you get. Our rooms were exceptionally clean and very well appointed ,including the kitchen area. Grounds and pool area were quiet and most relaxing .
Suggestions.. If you are offended by nudity around the pool ..stay elsewhere!!!., Also a car would be a plus if you plan some touring around the Phoenix area.
Highly reccomended for those open to an alternative life-style... and I repeat ..WE WILL RETURN. ... ..

Room Tip: Due to a neighbors barking dog avoid Suite #2 if you plan to nap during the day Mgmt., is aware of...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mr. Matt
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Some of the recent reviews had me hesitate booking a room for it was so negative compare to what I had experience several years ago. I do not regret staying there with my partner on our last day in Phoenix after a week long touring the North part of Arizona. The owner was pleasant, the room decent and the grounds met our expectations. So we think that you'll have to see for yourself!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jacques_Alex
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I've stayed at the Royal Villa several times a year since they first opened their first property and continue to be impressed with the total experience. The owners continue to upgrade the facilities both in the rooms and in the common areas. How they can do it at the prices they charge escapes me. But, the atmosphere is the best part; it's a relaxing place to soak up the sun (literally) with other gay men but without the attitude or bathhouse mentality some (like maybe the previous poster) might be looking for. Central location convenient to gay bars as well as downtown Phoenix theater and sporting events. What's not to like?

Room Tip: I like the north side rooms that get the morning sun.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank DwainChicagoIL
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was laying back in the pool sitting next to another day pass person. We were not even talking to one another! We had been in conversation but we both we actually dozing off. The owner came over and kicked us both out saying we were about to have sex in his pool. There was absolutely no touching going on....but he yelled and left. The sad part is I had been there a few times. I had never done anything against the rules or inappropriate on those premises. I was absolutely shocked at how we both were treated.

No wonder it is never full as far as the hotel or the pool. I had met several nice people there each and every time I was there for conversation. With rude and uncalled for attitude by the management that I experienced the last time I was there, no wonder it is never busy and surely to be out of business soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank az g
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Nude sunbathing is allowed at the Arizona Royal Villa. Public sex is not tolerated, in fact it is against the law in Arizona. We explain this to every person when they enter. If we see that people ( day passes) are breaking the law, they are quietly asked to stop and to leave. We do not ask people that are simply relaxing to leave. That would be absurd. Day passes who have been asked to leave once, are always welcome back as long as they abide by the law. If they break the law for a second time, they are not allowed back on the premises. We are policed by plainclothes officers and if we allow people to break the law, we are charged. We have day pass clients who are Officers as well. For anyone truly interested, that's what governs our decisions!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My partner and I booked the big room - with a living room and bedroom and kitchen. It was spacious and clean. Which are both important. We took full advantage of the kitchen - made some tasty meals - it was well equipped. The room itself while clean, needed an update - the furnishings are a bit dated.

The Pool with waterfall, and the big hot tub, are both great. Plenty of space to lay out and relax and lounge about in the pool area. Bigger pool towels would be nice for the comfy lounge chairs.

Doug was an adequate host but seemed a little parental in the rules, and regulations of the resort. If you are up for following every rule, and not wanting to entertain day use guests then this place is for you.

We'd love to give a stellar review - but to be frank - we we a bit put off buy the over zealous eye of management. It was kind of like we were in High School and were sent to the Principal's office.

In a nut shell. Very Clean Rooms. Dated Rooms. Nice Pool and Hot tub. Central location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tglenns
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Several hotel guests complained about the loud and drunken behavior poolside the day in question. The manager simply reminded the guests of hotel policies and hoped they would respect them for the safety and comfort of the other guests. The review mentioned this incident served as a memory of being sent to the Principal's office. We would prefer to be remembered as a trip to the Guidance Office instead! It was a lot more fun and educational!