Arizona Royal Villa Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$87
$75
Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$52
$374
$305
Westin.com
$327
$309
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix North(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
$114
$144
$476
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssafari suiterelaxing staya great place to stayguestspoolaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My traveling partner and I had a most enjoyable three night stay here earlier this month. Management was spot-on in assuring we were comfortable & offered excellent suggestions for dining,, etc. Rental rates.. very reasonable for what you get. Our rooms were exceptionally clean and very well appointed ,including the kitchen area. Grounds and pool area were quiet and most relaxing .
Suggestions.. If you are offended by nudity around the pool ..stay elsewhere!!!., Also a car would be a plus if you plan some touring around the Phoenix area.
Highly reccomended for those open to an alternative life-style... and I repeat ..WE WILL RETURN. ... ..

Room Tip: Due to a neighbors barking dog avoid Suite #2 if you plan to nap during the day Mgmt., is aware of this problem & may have it corrected by now
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mr. Matt
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Some of the recent reviews had me hesitate booking a room for it was so negative compare to what I had experience several years ago. I do not regret staying there with my partner on our last day in Phoenix after a week long touring the North part of Arizona. The owner was pleasant, the room decent and the grounds met our expectations. So we think that you'll have to see for yourself!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jacques_Alex
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I've stayed at the Royal Villa several times a year since they first opened their first property and continue to be impressed with the total experience. The owners continue to upgrade the facilities both in the rooms and in the common areas. How they can do it at the prices they charge escapes me. But, the atmosphere is the best part; it's a relaxing place to soak up the sun (literally) with other gay men but without the attitude or bathhouse mentality some (like maybe the previous poster) might be looking for. Central location convenient to gay bars as well as downtown Phoenix theater and sporting events. What's not to like?

Room Tip: I like the north side rooms that get the morning sun.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank DwainChicagoIL
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I was laying back in the pool sitting next to another day pass person. We were not even talking to one another! We had been in conversation but we both we actually dozing off. The owner came over and kicked us both out saying we were about to have sex in his pool. There was absolutely no touching going on....but he yelled and left. The sad part is I had been there a few times. I had never done anything against the rules or inappropriate on those premises. I was absolutely shocked at how we both were treated.

No wonder it is never full as far as the hotel or the pool. I had met several nice people there each and every time I was there for conversation. With rude and uncalled for attitude by the management that I experienced the last time I was there, no wonder it is never busy and surely to be out of business soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank az g
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Nude sunbathing is allowed at the Arizona Royal Villa. Public sex is not tolerated, in fact it is against the law in Arizona. We explain this to every person when they enter. If we see that people ( day passes) are breaking the law, they are quietly asked to stop and to leave. We do not ask people that are simply relaxing to leave. That would be absurd. Day passes who have been asked to leave once, are always welcome back as long as they abide by the law. If they break the law for a second time, they are not allowed back on the premises. We are policed by plainclothes officers and if we allow people to break the law, we are charged. We have day pass clients who are Officers as well. For anyone truly interested, that's what governs our decisions!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My partner and I booked the big room - with a living room and bedroom and kitchen. It was spacious and clean. Which are both important. We took full advantage of the kitchen - made some tasty meals - it was well equipped. The room itself while clean, needed an update - the furnishings are a bit dated.

The Pool with waterfall, and the big hot tub, are both great. Plenty of space to lay out and relax and lounge about in the pool area. Bigger pool towels would be nice for the comfy lounge chairs.

Doug was an adequate host but seemed a little parental in the rules, and regulations of the resort. If you are up for following every rule, and not wanting to entertain day use guests then this place is for you.

We'd love to give a stellar review - but to be frank - we we a bit put off buy the over zealous eye of management. It was kind of like we were in High School and were sent to the Principal's office.

In a nut shell. Very Clean Rooms. Dated Rooms. Nice Pool and Hot tub. Central location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tglenns
HonestO'Pinyon, Owner at Arizona Royal Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Several hotel guests complained about the loud and drunken behavior poolside the day in question. The manager simply reminded the guests of hotel policies and hoped they would respect them for the safety and comfort of the other guests. The review mentioned this incident served as a memory of being sent to the Principal's office. We would prefer to be remembered as a trip to the Guidance Office instead! It was a lot more fun and educational!