“They Do Not Guarantee A Non-Smoking Room!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley
Ranked #122 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Colorado
“They Do Not Guarantee A Non-Smoking Room!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We booked our room 5 months in advance with a credit card. Our day of arrival was a late night check-in due to a delayed flight. When we arrived they said they had one room left and it was a smoking room. It did not matter that we had requested a non-smoking room nor that it had been reserved months in advance. We had no choice but to take the room or leave. Because it was late and we were in town for a conference we needed to stay. We were on the top floor and the smell of smoke and rancid oil in the hallway was gross! We had to hold our noses and run to our room! Luckily the windows open and we were able to keep our room in a fresher state. It was quite apparent based on the many smells that residents do a lot of cooking onsite and probably more long term guests versus those staying for a few nights. We attempted to have our room changed twice but each time denied due to full occupancy. Because of our complaint about the smoking room they offered a gift certificate for a future night stay at any of their hotels.
Aside from the issue with our room, there was plenty of dining opportunities nearby including Cacker Barrell, The Claim Jumper, Macaroni Grill, and In and Out Burger. A shopping center and main freeway nearby for easy access. Pets are accepted with a $25.00 fee. We would not personally stay here again...... We were told by management that non-smoking rooms are NOT guaranteed at their hotels. They will, however, guarantee King versus Double Bed rooms.

Room Tip: Don't stay on top floor....you can smell everyone's cooking. Non-smoking rooms are not gua...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ColoradoSpringermom
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you did not get provided with the room that you had requsted. I am also sorry about the cooking odors. I will ensure that our team does ensure that we are making the hallways more Fresh for our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at csweetsir@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have been a regular guest at Extended Stay America Deer Valley,Phoenix for several months. I had stayed at various hotels in Phoenix over the last year, and I had mixed results. Once I found Deer Valley Extended Stay, I knew I had found my "home away from home." I travel to Phoenix from my home in Louisiana for medical reasons. Regardless of the time of day or night that I am in my room, I am able to rest comfortably and peacefully. When I use the phone to call the front desk, I get an immediate response. The same is true for any maintenance problems that may arise during my stay. The rooms are always clean and "fresh", and the beds are firm yet very comfortable. All staff members, including management, front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance, are very professional and friendly. This is truly my "home away from home".

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that we have been able to provide you with the "Home Away From Home" Feel. Thank you for staying with us and we do hope that you continue to come back. Again thank you for such wonderful comments.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was our second stay at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley. The accommodations were very clean - we like to stay here because of the kitchen features. So nice to be able to relax and fix something in the room if you want, or just to keep your traveling drinks and snacks refrigerated. Right next to the I-17 but we never hear any noise from there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I invite you to contact me at csweetsir@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've been a regular guest for the past several months and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay for one night or several weeks. The staff is very friendly and always helpful with any issues and willing to go "the extra mile" to make guests feel welcomed. The rooms are always clean and the rates are the best in town!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Christine S, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Phoenix - Deer Valley. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The entire staff are pleasant and helpfull. Any issues were minor and readily fixed on the spot by Bria or one of the other crew. Any larger issues were taken care of by the manager, Nadine. They pushed to obtain new flat screen TVs, which was done. Housekeeping was quiet and efficient, while doing a great job. The designated and sizable motorcycle parking area is a nice touch, along with special rates for Motorcycle Mechanic Institute (MMI) students. The proximity to MMI (about a mile) makes it ideal to live or stay close to the school.

On the down side, the lack of outside security cameras or other anti-theft measures makes for potential crime situation.

Overall I enjoyed the hospitality during my stay.
Thanks!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Deer Valley. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! We will investigate further into the security measures at the hotel – thank you for bringing that to our attention.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel has become home over the last year.The staff is always willing to help and has gone above and beyond on more then one occasion.From the manager to the maint super to the front desk staff,they have always been helpful.The rooms are clean and spacious.I have recommended this hotel to family and friends,I couldnt be more happy with my time here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Deer Valley. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

It would, of course, be our pleasure to ensure you continue to receive the same great service. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is over priced for the crap that goes on here!!! The rooms, towels, bathroom, kitchen area, crappy. There is no "fitness center" or pool like the booking agent said but can travel 10 mins to another crappy extended stay. No ice machine either. The laundry is $2 per load and $2 for dry?! The kitchenware is lacking and a room for 4 has a set of three dish set! I come her once a year but I will never stay here again!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ash ten R
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Deer Valley, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Phoenix - Deer Valley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.