“Better than most at this price point; great staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Las Palmas Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phoenix
Las Palmas Inn
You added Las Palmas Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #139 of 177 Hotels in Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ
“Better than most at this price point; great staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I needed a place to stay for a week while I worked on some personal issues. I had stayed in by-the-week motels before in Phoenix. Most of the places cater to a criminal element--one had police arriving on the premises at least twice a day. Others cater to those who don't know what an "inside voice" is or how and when to use it. Almost all view their residents as a tremendous burden, to be ignored.

Las Palmas was different. Although it seemed to have a number of long-term residence, they were quiet and respectful of others. Las Palmas also had a high percentage of overnight guests. The location at Grand Avenue, 7th Avenue, and Van Buren is much nicer than the other weekly rental motels (mostly found further east on Van Buren). The staff was courteous, even allowing short telephone calls on their business line. There was plenty of hot water at all times. Up to date air conditioning/heating units made keeping a comfortable temperature a breeze. Although no remote was available, the television package included 5 Encore movie channels as well as the Fox Movie channel which meant there was always something interesting to watch. The pool looked well maintained although it was too cold in January to be used. I never saw drug sales or use during my 7 day stay. I would stay there again in the future and recommend Las Palmas over other similar establishments.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Tom D

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed there only one night. It was awful. We drove all the way from Texas and had to put up with people knocking on our door trying to sell us things like meth, pot or some female wanting a place to stay the night. I reported this to the desk clerk and he said we had to take it up with the manager. So the next morning I spoke with the manager and he said there was nothing that could be done because it was at night. I don't understand how that works but we will never stay in that place again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here....
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dave3581

Travelers are raving about these Phoenix hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2006

Quite possibly the worst motel I've ever seen. Cinder-block walls, no telephone, burned carpet, &c. Not only is the place cash-only, you also have to sign a waiver promising that you will not take illegal drugs. We stayed only for the novelty of sleeping in a crack-motel (makes for great stories). Avoid this motel (unless you want to tell some crazy stories about late-night police raids. seriously.)

• Stayed March 2006