“Management Meeting”

Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix
Ranked #78 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had two very close management meetings here and they both turned out great. The staff and management are very easy to work with and provide a very relaxed atmosphere for a good meeting. We traditionally have gone to higher end Resort Hotels but gave this particular Holiday Inn express a try due to the tenacity of their sales director. We are very pleased and will be back again.

Buddy Collen
Reliant

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you so much for booking your group and holding your meeting again, at our hotel! We reallly appreciate your busienss. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We are in the process of updating our hotel and services. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

2nd time staying here. Love it! Very tired from traveling and this place made my night! Great staff. Very clean place. Flexible on late check out times too. :) Highly recommend this place if travelling near or around Phoenix. Lots of great restaurants around the area too.

Room Tip: All rooms were great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had stayed here before a couple times and were happy with the location, accommodation, and service. But, not this time...

A nearby room (1 of either 3 above, 3 below, or either side) had alarm go off in the room and remain on in middle of night. The alarm remained on for an hour and was finally shut off at that point but by then our sleep was ruined. We were dressed and ready to leave to go home (an hour away) and finish our sleep there...and were at the checkout counter when it was finally shut off.

Since the stay had been to have a quiet night and morning away from home after a night on the town in Chandler, we obviously did not receive what we intended and what we paid for. But, staff would not do anything since we purchased the room through a 3rd Party site...and they would not even confirm to the 3rd Party Customer Service that they would allow reversal of charges. The Result: Nothing was done and we had to involve our credit card company to work toward a resolution between all parties. BUT... This Holiday Inn has permanently lost this customer...and competitor chains may now become choice while travelling and having staycations now too...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harvey-Priscilla
Leslee K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We are in the process of updating our hotel and services and your experience highlights the need for us to do so. I have reviewed your comments and shared them with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here as we wanted to stay in the Ahwatukee/Chandler area.
The prices were good value, the room was clean and spacious. The pool was well kept too and much appreciated in the over 100F/44C weather.
The breakfast included was OK. Nothing fancy but certainly good by free hotel breakfast standards.
The only negative about my stay was that I think the carpets were recently cleaned. Yes, that's a good thing but when walking on the carpet with bare feet our feet would become "slippery". Hard to explain but it was kinda weird.

• Stayed: September 2012
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We are in the process of updating our hotel and services and your experience highlights the need for us to do so. I apologize. I have reviewed your comments and shared them with the entire management staff and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The good: friendly helpful staff, furnishings above average for this class of hotel.

The average: price was not a bargain. The real test of these places is the noise the air conditioner makes, A = didn't notice it at all, F = no sleep, the HI Express came in at about a B-. The property is located near I-10 but not well marked to get there behind La Quinta and the Crackerbarrel.

The bad: breakfast; yuck, old, rubbery, took a lot of picante sauce to make it palatable. The orange juice was only orange in color, tasteless.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a nice restful stay at this Holiday Express. It is right off the freeway & conveniently located near junctions to many of the local fwys (10, 101, 60) as well as being only about 15 min from Phoenix Airport. For those that like to gamble there are 2 large Indian Casinos about 15 minutes up the 10-fwy from the hotel. All day & night there is coffee, tea Juice & ice water for arriving guests. My daughter always loves the warm chocolate chip cookies cookies at night. There is a good computer area in its own room right behind the lobby with internet access & printer (there is also Wi-fi in the rooms which worked well) Breakfast was great... eggs, bacon/sausage, pancake machine, assorted fruits breads, cereals & cinnamon rolls.. This hotel has a nice outdoor pool & jacuzzi that has been recently re-modeled with a rock waterfall. Only drawback was that it was about 108 when we stayed there a few days ago so the pool was more like bath water than really refreshing (even at night). Its like that at most outdoor pools though in Az during high temp Summer days. The pool closes at 10PM but since we weren't making much noise the Mgr let us stay till a bit after 11pm There is also a pretty decent fitness room open 24-hrs on the 4th floor. All rooms are non-smoking & have refrigs & microwaves. The rooms were clean & quiet. Ours was recently painted & had new carpet. The Mgr. said they were in the process of renovating all the rooms & soon all would have new LCD tvs. I stayed here about a year ago & much prefer the new decor. This Holiday was only 15,000 priority club points for a free night (many now are 20-25-k) The staff was just as friendly & courteous to us as if we were paying guests.

Room Tip: I didn't hear any fwy traffic but if that is a concern ask for a south facing room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I've been traveling across country with a few friends of mine on an exhausting move and came across this HIE. Right off freeway, very easy for big moving trucks to get in and out of easily. In review..

Location: As I said, easy off freeway. Sadly, there's no restaurant attached, make sure to bring in dinner with you if you hate Cracker Barrel like myself.

Appearance: CLEAN!! I LOVED that the whole hotel is non-smoking! FINALLY!!! I stayed at a Super 8 a few nights ago and it was GROSS.

The Room: The bed was comfortable. The shower hot. Frankly, that's what matters in a hotel right? Otherwise, I really liked having a fridge and microwave right in the room. Thankfully, other then my annoying friends next door who kept knocking on the wall because they thought it was funny, the hotel was very quiet. No barking dogs or screaming kids to be found. I agree the I wish the water was colder.. but upon talking to the locals at breakfast in the morning, apparently that is a trademark of Phoenix in general. One more reason not to live there. So all in all, the accommodations were very pleasing. My only reservation was the tv. Really? Where's the flat panel with HD? It was a bit fuzzy, and personally I hate the rounded screens. It's not a huge issue, but it seems to me that a nice hotel like that would invest in better tvs.

BREAKFAST: Had to mention this one in BOLD - Full good breakfast! Yum! Huge money saver to have a full FREE breakfast with eggs, pancakes and CINNAMON ROLLS right at the hotel! This is why I love Holiday Inns.

Customer Service: Need to mention; so far we had stayed at 2 Holiday Inns, this being the third on our trip. Even after two previous nights stays, this was the first time I was offered the "Priority Club Program". Wish I has known that BEFORE! (Shame on you Albuquerque and Shamrock!) The front desk person, Elizabeth, was exceptionally smiley and helpful. She very quickly found two rooms right next to each other (both of which had the AC already on. THANK GOODNESS!) for my friends and I and informed us about the Priority Club. I didn't even have to DO anything - Literally! As she was explaining it, I of course was thinking about how to blow her off because I was tired and didn't want to fill out paperwork no matter if I liked the program or not. I just wanted to get to my room because I was grumpy. When I told her I was interested but not in the mood to fill anything out, she said she would take care of everything and DID. I found a packet with a nice note from her explaining everything under my door in the morning. Voila! I was able to register online the next day with the card she gave me. Why did I not know that I could earn free stays before?!

All in all, convenient, nice hotel with excellent customer service that went above the norm.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Leslee K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We are in the process of updating our hotel and services. Our new HD 32 inch flat panel TV's will be in, actually, today! Next time that you come back to our property they will be in the rooms. Thank you for your candid review on that issue. We look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Express Phoenix/Chandler.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Ahwatukee Foothills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chandler - Phoenix? Share your experiences!