Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsan early riserroom was cleanfront desk staffphoenix northmicrowave and fridgemovie theatergreat ratenight staydefinitely stay here againnathanfreewaygmpetsmaintenanceinns
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here because the reviews we read were good. I'm not sure where the positive reviews came from. This hotel was so very dirty. The staff was not accommodating at all. The pool was filthy. I did not feel safe at this hotel. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey, and I am sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I am sorry about the condition of our outdoor heated pool, we did have it cleaned the day after the dust storm. I have shared your review with my staff for training purposes as we always endeavor to better ourselves and our guest’s experiences and I hope you give Red Roof Inns another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't know how long this hotel can boast its renovation. It may be smoke free and that's good, but its genererally worn and stained with creaky mattresses and un vacuumed floors. I asked that I be moved as my room has bits of food all over the carpet. Still with stuff on the floor. I was moved across the hall to a marginally better room. How difficult is it to make sure that lightbulbs work, too people?

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. I am sorry that your stay was not up to our high standards. We did replace the carpet, bedding, and linen just over a year ago. I have shared your comments with my staff and we are taking measures to ensure all of our guests have a clean and comfortable stay. Nathan GM i0250@redroof.com.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

BEWARE: They charge you an additional daily fee for the safe in the room, unless you go to the desk and officially check out and tell them you didn't use the safe. You cannot avoid this charge in advance, they put it on your card and remove it after you check out. Staff tells u they will make a note not to charge this fee, then charge you anyway. I smell a scam and smelly rooms.
The hotel is filthy, stained and unwashed. The furniture, carpeting and curtains are circa 1980 and probably not been cleaned since that time. My daughter ran around in her socks and the bottoms turned BLACK immediately. First room we tried smelled like cigarettes and dog urine. Second room is somewhat better in that it smells like sour pickles. For the money, find another room in another hotel. King size bed is rather uncomfortable....looking forward to going home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway noise. First floor rooms are stinkier than the ones on upper levels.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to post a review, I am sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. The safe warranty fee is completely optional and reviewed with each guest on registration card at check in. Late last year we replaced carpets, drapes, spreads, and pillows in every room. We are a 100% smoke free hotel and do apologize for the odor issues you encountered. We are very sorry that your stay was not pleasant and hope that you will give us another chance next time you are in Phoenix.
Nathan

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I got to phoenix late one night and needed a room, I stopped at this location, and to my supprise the staff was very frienly. I also had a nice clean room. Next time i'm in Az. i plan on visiting the red Roof Inn again. What a great value..

Edward

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Nathan0250, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix North - Bell Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction with courteous staff and very clean rooms. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Nathan

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Pros:
1. Efficient and courteous desk clerk
2. Clean room and bedding

Cons:
1. Poor soundproofing--could hear floor above me stomping around, and frat-boy guests next door loud and clear. I was too tired to request a room change, so used white noise and earphones and was OK, but if this gets your goat, just be aware the walls and ceilings are pretty thin.
2. Lukewarm shower/bath.
3. A $1.50 fee for use of the safe is automatically included. If you do not use the safe, you must explicitly request cancellation of the fee upon checkout. It turned out I was unable to use the safe in my room because it was locked shut when I checked in to the room. Staff said they would call me back with the code, but never did.
4. Wifi a bit slow, but no problems connecting.
5. The surrounding neighborhood looks kinda rough.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking your time to post a response on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you found the staff courteous. We pride ourselves on providing a clean comfortable stay with friendly and efficient staff. I am sorry to hear that there were noise issues during your stay. The in room safe warranty is optional and details are noted on reg., card, I apologize this was not handled better. I have reviewed the issue you mentioned and it has been resolved. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again. Nathan, GM i0250@redroof.com