See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great location and value... yes, fridge and microwave available upon request but for a nightly $1 0 fee. Most budget hotels even offer these in all rooms. Also, old analog TV with poor reception and video quality. But the biggest disappointment was at breakfast where on the first day coffee was bitter and eggs tasteless. Only sausage-no bacon as advertised- was available. On the second day , there was no yogurt available and told there would be some the next day. Knowing the area, there's a Walmart only about 2 miles to the west where some could be bought if needed. The young man working the dining area was seen mostly playing on his phone while coffee pots went unfilled until someone complained and the trash can overflowed with trash for a very long period of time. Yes, we had a nice spacious room for good price but it lacked essentials and numerous charges were added on the bill without our prior knowledge.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank keyboardkenny
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was large, beautiful and tastefully furnished. It had no refrigerator. WiFi did not work for most of the evening and no one on staff seemed to be able to fix it. We had the impression this was not unusual. The breakfast room was quite attractive. There were many choices but no whole grain breads or rolls. Impossible (so we were told) to walk to a restaurant, though many places would deliver.

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank Calabash98
Reviewed December 26, 2012

As Comfort Inns go, this has the most elegant dining room and guest room we've seen. The location at the Union Hills and I-17 Freeway interchange in north Phoenix is very convenient. They even have conference facilities and a lovely lounge.
But, as we settled in, we found the bathroom very strange. The only lighting was the usual high density ceiling heat lamp. The mirror lighting had been completely removed, so good luck with that makeup. Then I found the usually wall mounted hair dryer with nightlight disconnected and stowed under the counter. Next, the towel bar was completely missing with all the towels also under the counter and the tub had been replaced by only a shower. Heaven help you if you forget the towel before getting into the shower, since there is a large expanse of slippery tile to cross for a towel. When I inquired at the desk about the lack of light and towelbar, I was told the bathrooms are under renovation. One would think they would have the new lighting available and ready when renovating. And when I mentioned the slippery floors, I was told that removing the towel bars was the "latest thing", that it was completely legal and that if I slip and fall it's just my own fault. Nice friendly, consumer oriented, touch.
A couple side notes: This is the first Comfort Inn we've found with both PBS and MSNBC on the TV channels! But, like many others, no wheat bread for toast in the dining room.
There was good quality in room wi fi, but no refrigerator or microwave. Maybe they're on order for the renovation.

Room tip: Unless you're a fitness freak, try for the first floor. There are 2 stories, but no elevators.
Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank SezLuckyGirl
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed three nights at this hotel and it was an average experience. Check in was quick and easy. However, the first room they gave me had very poor lighting in the bathroom. When I informed the front desk they told me that some rooms were under renovation and that the new lighting for my bathroom was not yet installed. They apologized and put me in another room immediately. The fitness center is very tiny and has only one treadmill so if you are with others who work out you will want to keep that in mind. The pool was nice and clean. The free breakfast is about what you would expect, nothing spectacular, but it was FREE so it's hard to complain. The biggest issue I had with the hotel was the fact that they had a Halloween party on Saturday night and our room was in an area where people were constantly going outside to smoke so we could hear the outdoor door opening and closing most of the night. Also, someone pulled the fire alarm at 1:30 AM so that was a great wake up! Not! Make sure you ask for a room not facing I-17 as traffic noise from the interstate can be heard in your room.

Room tip: Pick room that is not facing I-17.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Not to mention, we didn't really feel safe when we got there, check in did go well, no delay here, room was clean, large with a comfortable king size bed. The lightening was poor and there were no screens on the windows. Internet service was ridiculously slow and tv channels were limited. The swimming pool was large, clean, but the gates were all broken and barely hanging on except for the main one. The hot tub was also large and the water was hot. The front desk clerk was friendly and tried to be helpful during an extremely busy hour, however, the Manager, was neither friendly nor helpful and she reprimanded the clerk for trying to help us, (in front of us, I might add). At 11:30pm, the fire alarm (not the smoke alarm) went off, waking us up of course. On check out the front desk clerk was complaining about being over worked and was pre-occupied while checking us out. Also, there was a bogus $3.00 telecom charge which no one could explain what it was for. This is not up to Comfort Inn standards, I suggest you look at the other Comfort Inns in the Phoenix area.

Room tip: Find a different Comfort Inn.
Date of stay: October 2012