“Great overall stay!”
Review of Plaza Inn & Suites

Plaza Inn & Suites
Ranked #133 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We found this place online, and they had the most affordable per-night price in a decent area. I wasn't sure what to expect, but we we pleasantly surprised when we arrived. It's not a four/five star resort, but for the price, it's superb. The beds are very comfortable, the pool is big and right in the central courtyard. Free WiFi and free breakfast! The TVs are a bit out-dated and don't offer much for kids, but that seems to be the only down side.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Had a "run in" with a competitor (see my reviews in my profile for bed-bug infested rooms in Phoenix) and had to find a new hotel at 1am. Was driving a Uhaul from PHX to DEN and needed an early start with SOME rest. Paul was at the desk, gave us a good deal and was very courteous after our incident at a local competitor.

Lobby was clean, spacious and nicely decorated. Parking was sufficient and well lit. Hallways on lower level were cool and comfortable (local temp was 90 dgrs), upper hallways were QUITE warm, prob in neighborhood of 80 dgrs, but room was cool and comfortable. Clean, nicely appointed room. Nice bath/ shower. Nicely supportive mattress, a little firmer than "ideal" for me, but still comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was well stocked, standard items of coffee, cereal, muffins, danishes, waffles, etc. It was busy, so I did not take photos.
It was a nice hotel, would stay here over some others I saw and read reviews on.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NunyaBitnes
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is a nice property with a beautiful pool area. Nice rooms, and comfortable beds. The lighting is being updated in the bathrooms, and our first room was not well lit for makeup etc. A good value. Fuel right across the street, but a drive for food.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have stayed here before and chose this hotel again because of how great and professional the front desk staff was throughout my stay, the breakfast still exceeds my expectations, the attendent always made sure everything was fully stocked and asked us if we needed anything one of the days the hotel manager was walking around in the breakfast area making sure everyone was well taken care of! This will always be the hotel i return to in Phoenix! Thanks

Room Tip: facing the pool
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Unfortunately the condition of this hotel detracts from what could be a very nice place. The overwhelming deficiency evolves around the smell and condition of the carpets throughout the property. The entire place smells like too much deodorizer, or perhaps too much carpet cleaner. The carpets are worn, and clearly beyond any possibility of being effectively cleaned (hence the smell of too much carpet cleaner). The elevator smelled so badly that we avoided it and took the stairs instead.

Otherwise, the staff was pleasant and accommodating. The computers were down when we checked in and the gentlemen at the desk did a nice job of dealing with a tough situation. The shower in the room had no non-skid on the bottom of the tub. This situation was corrected immediately. However, it's beyond me how a hotel shower could not have this in place!

The hot breakfast was good, although I would like to have seen it begin earlier than 7am.

With all the hotels in this area, I will probably stay somewhere else next time I'm in the area.

3  Thank RAD1955
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The good - The staff did their best to be helpful in a tough situation. the beds were extremely comfortable and the room was spacious and clean.

The Bad - the front desk staff was overwhelmed and not well trained. It took over 45 minutes for them to get all of our group that we had brought into rooms. The girl helping us even admitted that she did not know what to do. We had traveled for 4 1/2 hours and had a conference to get to that evening. We arrived early enough to get rested, but the check in process was pathetic.

One of the rooms had water poring out of a light fixture in the bathroom. One of the ladies in our group was in her late 70's and they moved her from this room to a room upstairs and on the other side of the motel. It was ridiculous to have made this poor older woman have to walk so far to another room because of bad maintenance.

The hot breakfast was supposed to start at 7:00 AM. Again, we had a deadline to get to the conference we were attending. They were not ready by 7:00 Am and instead of apologizing, they made excuses as to why they were late and told us to stay away until they were ready.

The check out process was, amazingly enough, slower than the check in process. The poor girl checking us out said that her training was not sufficient to help her check our group out. I had to leave and they assured me that bill for the rooms would be as we had planned. Once we got back home, i called to complain and was assured that the person that made the group reservation for us would call me back the next day. that's been over a month ago and I have still not received a call.

I will absolutely never bring a group here again. The negatives of this place FAR outweigh the good. I have rarely encountered such poor customer service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank haynes9
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We checked in and the hotel was very busy. Front Desk personnel were friendly and
and attentive even though hotel was very busy. It was nice seeing management the next morning at the breakfast asking guests how their stay was. I would recommend this hotel to friends in an instant. Staff is first rate!

1  Thank CeCe M