“Good airport hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Good airport hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The neighborhood wasn't the greatest, but is close to the airport and a few blocks from the light rail. The hotel itself was very clean and felt safe. Great summertime (read: Phoenix heat) rates and only $5 extra allows the Park-n-Fly rate. As an HHonors Diamond level member, as was given a couple of drink coupons on top of the usual benefits (lately, it feels as if most properties couldn't care less about HHonors status). Since the hotel was oversold for the night, I was also upgraded to a very nice suite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We greatly appreciate your continued loyalty to the Hilton brand as a valued HHonors member, it was our pleasure to welcome you for a stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. We’re delighted you enjoyed your upgraded accommodations and found our location convenient to the airport and public transit. Thank you for your kind review, we certainly hope you’ll return during your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I loved my experience with this hotel. The shuttle driver from Ethiopia was very nice when I arrived and also quite helpful and dropped me off very near where I departed from the next day. The front desk clerks were also quite courteous as were the breakfast chef and waitress. The $11.95 all-you-can-eat breakfast was tasty; and the room was very dark with the dark-out draperies, making it easy to sleep, especially when combined with the comfortable mattress and pillows. Even though the air conditioner made a white noise sound, this did not bother me at all' and I enjoyed the room temperature that this machine made possible. I did not comment on the spa because I did not visit it. I arrived late and left early. I wish I had stayed longer at this hotel. The only teeny tiny improvement I would suggest is for a better large rolling cart for the luggage--I had four suitcases, two of which were large and weighed over fifty pounds each. With this load, the cart was hard to get in and out of the elevator with all of my luggage and a bit rickety. I also liked the fact that there were pre-printed cards for hotel guests to comment on what they liked about service provided in this hotel. This emphasis on people providing excellent service, I think, helped to make this a great place to stay. Kudos to all who work there, and thank you for a welcome retreat from the world of travel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
What a joy it is to read that from the moment you stepped onto our complimentary airport shuttle you were greeted by a smiling face and helpful service. We’re pleased by how much you enjoyed each aspect of your visit, from your restful accommodations to our breakfast offerings and more. Thank you for providing your kind feedback as well as your suggestions, we will be sure to share both with our team. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another pleasant retreat at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North soon.
Milton, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'd booked a shuttle from Sedona to the Phoenix airport and had called the hotel to make sure there would be a shuttle to bring me to the hotel. The lady on the other end was so nice and assured me everything would be taken care of. Upon arriving at the hotel as soon as I said my name, the lady at the desk recognized the name and was absolutely one of the friendliest people I ever met at a hotel. The front desk arranged for a tty and strobe light to be set up in my bedroom since I am deaf, incase I wanted to make some calls even though I never asked for it. I thought this was sensitive and really courteous and appreciated the effort they put in to make my stay a welcoming, comfortable and safe one. My room was perfect, temperature wise, bed-wise and bathroom wise. If I ever return to Arizona I will definately stay at this hotel again since it was only 5 minutes from the airport and because of the staff and service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
If your travels do bring you back to Arizona, we certainly hope you’ll allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. It is wonderful to read that you truly enjoyed your stay. What really stands out is your mention of our associates and the thoughtful service they provided. Our entire staff enjoys going above and beyond to create a memorable experience for our guests. I will be sure to let our team know how much you valued their efforts. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Not thrilled with this place. They messed up our room type and we were left out in the heat. Lucky for us the competition was ready, willing and able to help get us the best room we ever had. You lost a good customer

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robynvitto
Please accept our sincerest apologies that your desired room type was unavailable at check-in. It is certainly our goal to accommodate each of our guests whenever possible and we are deeply disappointed we were unable to do so in this case. We appreciate that you took the time to provide feedback from your experience and hope you’ll reconsider a future stay with us so that we may win back your trust.
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed August 10, 2013

There was not one complaint I could make about our experience at the Hilton Garden Inn North in Phoenix, near the airport. It's ideal for business and family travel and the service is impeccable. One of those places where you wonder what they put in the water to make the staff so happy and do their jobs so well. We were forced to stay over due to a flight delay and everything the hotel did took away the stress from that experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
It is pleasing to read about the experience you enjoyed at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North. It really is the pleasure of our staff to ensure our guests enjoy a relaxing, comfortable visit to our property and we’re delighted this was your experience. We were happy to be able to welcome you for your impromptu stay and look forward to welcoming you back for a planned visit soon. Thank you so much for your lovely review.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Slept great on the medium dial setting. Actually woke up with energy (doesn't ever happen!) and not the usual pains in my lower back. Hotel staff was great, I usually stay at HI but chose this instead and am glad I did. Minor noise from some late nighters next door but that happens anywhere (especially on a fri night) Grounds were beautiful and I was overall pleasantly surprised.
tr;dl: loved the hilton bed mattress, nice staff, will stay again.

Room Tip: Watching the planes come in when you're facing the airport is a joy! Hilton garden sleep beds ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
We’re delighted that our Hilton Garden Sleep System provided you with a truly restful night’s sleep. Our beds feature adjustable settings that allow our guests to experience the ultimate in customized comfort. Thank you for sharing thoughts from your visit and for your kind mention of our property ground, staff and more. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North soon.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Excellent hotel service for general purposes. Good room and food and conditions. Friendly helpful staff. Useful free shuttle to area locations and airport. But I was here on business and it hurt that there was no Internet in the hotel during my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Catheeja I
HiltonGardenInnPHXNo, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, we are so glad you enjoyed our hotel. We sincerely regret any inconvenience the outage may have caused and would like to share that it has been resolved and we are upgrading our Wi-Fi property wide. We appreciate your feedback and mention of our staff and complimentary airport shuttle service. Please come back again soon.