“Good hotel close to the airport”

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Tucson, Arizona
“Good hotel close to the airport”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I needed to make a day trip out of town and needed a place to stay near the Phoenix Airport. After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and getting a $59.00 summer AAA rate, I decided on this hotel. Very nice large king-sized room with a microwave and small refrigerator. Great desk and ergonomic chair plus a chair with ottoman that was a comfy place to sit and read. Free wifi in room worked well. The shuttle leaves every 30 minutes and not only goes to the airport but anywhere within 10 miles. Phoned for the shuttle from the airport and was picked up in less than 10 minutes (and I know when I was dropped off the driver went right back to pick someone else up). Did not eat in the restaurant. Very nice and accommodating staff.

This hotel is north of the airport in a business area with a nearby light rail station to get downtown -- it's across the street from a Community College -- the area was clean with broad streets and, as a single woman traveler, I never felt uncomfortable day or night. As there seem to be better airfares out of Phoenix than my hometown of Tucson, I often drive up to fly -- this will be the hotel I return to for overnights when arriving late or departing early.

Room Tip: I was on the street side of the building -- if there was a loud vehicle going by (motorcycle) I did...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your comments, as guest feedback is very important to us. We were very pleased to see that you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer, and that our airport location and 24 hour complimentary shuttle service suited your needs perfectly.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are flying in or out of the Phoenix area.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
Boston
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I chose this hotel for price and location. Short drive to downtown Phoenix where we needed to be one day and also for a flight out early one morning. Stayed two nights. Had breakfast only one morning - good selection of everything plus omelets and french toast prepared on the spot. We also got chicken quesadillas for a snack on evening. They were excellent. Staff were always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for posting your comments after your recent stay with us. We were very happy to read that you found the hotel to be both clean and comfortable and that the staff service exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area.

Henrietta, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel has everything that I expect in a Hilton Garden Inn: comfort, value, and accessibility. When transiting an area – especially while getting ready for a flight the following morning – I always look for a Hilton Garden Inn nearby. I know what to expect, and I love that – and I was not disappointed with the Hilton Garden Inn at the Phoenix airport (north location).

It’s close to the airport, it has ample parking, clean and modern décor, a very comfortable bed, and very nice furnishings. It is the perfect place to have a hassle-free night before a flight out – or, a good place to rest up, if you’ve just arrived in Phoenix and need a break before you’re off on your adventure.

VERY reasonable rates – you don’t get bang for your buck very much, these days, but I always feel as if it is money well spent while staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. Always my first choice for fast, easy, comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Garden Inn brand, and are very pleased that you chose our hotel when traveling to Phoenix. We were very happy to read that you found the hotel to be both clean and comfortable, and that our location perfeclty suited your needs.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Phoenix.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a very pleasant king-sized room in this hotel and enjoyed it. I picked this because it was close to the airport and knew I'd be leaving very early in the morning in two days and because it had received good reviews on tripadvisor. The hotel was modern, clean, and comfortable and I had a very nice room for the price. They had a large parking lot in back so getting in and out was easy as well. Once I figured how to drive oiver toward ASU to have a good seklection of restaurants I was in great shape. I have to go out there again in two weeks and absolutely will stay there again.

Room Tip: Want a nice cofortable spot close to the airport....this is it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your comments after your recent stay. As you stated, many travelers use this site as a helpful tool, we sincerely appreciate your kind comments. We were pleased to read that our location perfectly suited your needs and that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a king room and were very impressed! From the initial check-in to check-out everyone was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless...a nice touch was the pressure controlled mattress....comfy! Full breakfast (included) was delicious.....Cynthia went out of her way to check and make sure that food was properly prepared and that we had everything that we wanted…. WOW! Made to order omelets and freshly prepared salsa.....YUMMMM. We utilized the airport shuttle which was on-time. Airport is less than 5 minutes away. All this for $59.00….We’ll be back!

Room Tip: 9th floor had mountain views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We were very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, that our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service suited your needs, and that you were able to start your day with a delicious breakfast.

We look forward to your next visit.

Blythe, California
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North a total of six times within a year. I originally found this jewel of a hotel when I was searching online for an establishment close to the Phoenix Skyharbor International Airport. When checking prices of rooms under reservations online, I clicked a link that said 'view packages and promotions for this room.' That is when I discovered Park, Sleep, and Fly. My choice included King size bed, breakfast for up to two guests, daily parking, and shuttle service to and from airport. From the moment I checked in last year to the moment I checked out this year, it is like Home Sweet Home. Mr. Michael Leaverton is the General Manager and he has rolled out the red carpet for me each and every time. I have had to request leaving my car for a longer period of time than a normal reservation includes, and without hesitation he says I am welcome to. He responds to each and every email I send in a timely fashion. His staff, especially Lura and Richard (front desk), and Ahmad (shuttle driver) will always hold a special place in my heart for their exceptional customer service qualities. Also, Enrique makes the best French Toast in the restaurant and has the brightest smile! Although I haven't met the personnel who maintain the cleanliness of the rooms, each and every time my room has been impeccably clean. The bed has been fabulous to sleep in, and for those times that I have arrived after restaurant hours, the lobby pantry has frozen entrees that sufficiently satisfied me after cooking them in my hotel microwave. The room also has a refrigerator. For the times that I've been able to eat dinner in the restaurant, I would recommend the filet mignon (it melted in my mouth this last visit) or any of the sandwiches or other entrees offered. The prices are reasonable, the taste delectable! The shuttle service leaves for the airport every half hour (airport is maybe 5 minutes away), and when returning there is a courtesy phone to dial and the driver doesn't keep you waiting long. This will always be my choice of hotel establishment in Phoenix, and without hesitation I highly recommend it to you! Thank you, Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North!!!!!

Room Tip: I always request a quiet room away from ice machines and elevators. I am humbled to say that my req...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and are happy to see you each time you stay with us. Guest feedback is very important to us, it allows us to see how we are doing from our guest's perspective. Your comments have been shared with the staff, who are all very proud to see that the hotel and service we provide exceeds your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

San Clemente, CA
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight at the hotel on a recent vacation trip and were quite impressed. It was an "oasis" from the 108 degree heat, but offered so much more. How about a lobby pantry open 24-7, a good restaurant, wireless internet access and print documents from your room, microwave and mini fridge, and (my wife loved this)--a number bed so you can adjust your side for firmness. Most of the amenities would appeal primarily to the business traveler but were equally welcome for casual travel as well. Even the checkout was no-hassle, the folio is slipped
under the door during the night and if it checks out, so do you. No lines. This will be my regular stop next time I'm in Phoenix.

Room Tip: If you're driving, there is ample parking all around 2 sides of the hotel with easy access.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We were so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for posting your comments. Guest feedback is so important to us, as it allows us to see how we are doing in the eyes of our guests.

We hope to see you again in the future.