“"Over the top" service... WOW!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North
Ranked #27 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Vancouver, Washington
“"Over the top" service... WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife was flying home from Nashville with our four small children (ages 1-10). Her flight was delayed 3 hours and consequently they were not able to make their connection in Phoenix. The airline arranged for them to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Airport North for the night - without any luggage/diapers/milk/clothes/pajamas/bathroom supplies/etc. They were going to arrive at midnight. When their flight left Nashville, I flew into action and called the hotel. I explained the nightmare my wife was living through, and was reassured by the staff that they would take care of my family. I asked for ridiculous things (diapers, bottle, milk, bathroom supplies, a crib in the room, etc). AND THEY DELIVERED! They sent their driver out on a "run", got everything needed/asked for, and had it in the room ready for them when they arrived. They even put them in a larger room than normal. I can't express my appreciation and satisfaction enough to this amazing crew. These people (from the delivery driver to the manager) went over the top, above and beyond anything that should be expected. There's a reason I'm a Hilton Honors member and stay at Hilton Properties exclusively. And they just confirmed my choice. Thanks Hilton. You guys get it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
As an airport hotel, many of our guests come to us after a flight delay or cancellation. This experience can be very frustrating, which is why we try our best to assist our guests in any way we can. The entire staff was pleased to read how much you appreciated the efforts we made to make your family's stay as pleasant as possible, everyone was happy to pitch in and make sure they had everything that was needed.

We appreciate your being a loyal Hilton Honors member, and hope to see you and your family should your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Owner/Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Korean first
MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Everything about this stay was excellent, from check-in to check-out. The room was very spacious, clean and unlike most hotel rooms, had an abundance of power outlets, both sides of the bed, in the bathroom, next to the coffee maker, etc. - this is about the first time I've not had to "search" for an outlet for my laptop, cell phone and Ipod - I normally carry a plug extension so I have enough outlets, it was not needed at this hotel. Breakfast was buffet or cooked to order or both, all for the same price; selections were good and good was great.Not much real close to hotel as far as things to do, but easy enough if you have a car to get just about anywhere, including Tempe or Scootsdale. Front desk personnel were super nice and even called after I reached my room to ask if it was ok or if I needed anything else. I'll certainly stay here again when doing business in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: 11 stories, higher the better - looking south you have Skyharbor airport to view, north view is Came...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely appreciate your kind comments after your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our hotel, and the level of customer service that we provide, but it is always very rewarding when our guests confirm this with reviews. We were pleased that the room had enough outlets for you to use all your electronics, and that you enjoyed your breakfast made just for you by Enrique, our head chef.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area.

Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I needed a hotel close to the airport as I had a 5 AM flight after traveling to Grand Canyon. Everything was excellent. Check in was easy. The young man at the reception area was very nice. ( I checked in at around 4 pm on August 2, 2011) My husband had to return the rental car and needed a ride back to the hotel. He got directions from the young man at the desk and was picked up by the shuttle and brought back to the hotel.

The room was really clean and very comfortable.

The hotel is not a resort or anything like that but if you need a room in Phoenix this definitely fits the bill.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mc9759
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments after your recent stay with us after traveling to the Grand Canyon. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay, and that our complimentary shuttle service was just what you needed.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Phoenix area.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

From the very beginning when I arrive at the PHX Airport, the Front Office Staff is friendly and courteous. Very informative and eager to help. The Hotel Shuttle is prompt when picking you up at the airport. A wonderful and cold bottle of water always awaits. The driver is informative about what is happening in the city. Again upon check in the Front Office Staff is always willing to help. From bags to a speedy check in, offering amenities and hotel benefits. The room is always perfect. Very clean and fresh. I personally love the walk in shower! And the pillows! WOW! A+ again! I always feel welcome when I arrive, am walking about the hotel or leaving...that's why I will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan V
marilyn1714, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport North, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your thoughts after your recent stay with us. How rewarding for us to read how much you enjoyed your stay, that you found the hotel to be clean, and that our staff exceeded your expectations. Guest feedback is invaluable, as it is a great training tool, your comments will be shared with the entire staff.

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when visiting Phoenix.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Prompt, complimentary airport pickup. Some of the most helpful and friendly staff across the board, from drivers to receiption. They even used the hotel van to drive my family to a local favorite mexican restaurant (we didn't have a rental car) at no charge. Overall, a wonderful place we will certainly visit again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments after your recent visit with us. We are pleased that you found our 24 hour airport shuttle service to be just what you needed, and that the drivers were able to assist your family with other arrangements as well. We are very proud of our hotel and the level of service that we provide, however, when our guests confirm this it is the best form of advertising that we could ask for.

We look forward to your next visit.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

This Hilton garden Inn Airport-North is always clean, everyone at the front desk is friendly especially Richard and the breakfast is the best. I actually prefer the GHI because of the breakfast; it is fresh, hot and I suggest an egg white omelet. If you need a hotel by the airport stay at this one. The Hilton Hotel airport is not a good choice. Not at this airport anyway until they build a new one or upgrade the current one. I stayed there once and never went back. The HGI is nicer.

Room Tip: all rooms seem to be the same
1 Thank Paulette8907654532
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts after your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is invaluable, as it is one of the best training tools we have. Richard was thrilled to read your comments, and he looks forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Your egg white omelete will be waiting for you, freshly made by Enrique, our breakfast chef.

Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I can not say enough about the service and staff. The breakfast in the morning have more selction then most hotels. The food has favor and your food is hot, fresh friut, yogart, and always plenty.
The rooms are always clean and maid service is bar none. From the first day of check in I can not tell you how professional and made to feel you was family. I will continue staying at this hotel on ever vist in Phoenix
Andy

Room Tip: I like facing the Airport you can actaully watch the planes take off and land
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely appreciate your comments after your most recent stay at our Hilton Garden Inn, Phoenix Airport North. We are very proud of our hotel, and the level of service that we provide, but it is always rewarding to have our guests confirm this with their feedback. This is the best form of advertising we could ask for.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.