“Low end W, High End Four Points”

Aloft Phoenix-Airport
Ranked #47 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
O.C. California
“Low end W, High End Four Points”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

When I walked into the Aloft for the first time I was very curious on what kind of experience I would have with this Starwood property. My first impression? I wasn't sure where the check-in location was because there was only a small circular desk near the front door. If you walk in through the front door I am sure it would be easier but coming in from the back parking lot it was a little confusing for this veteran traveler.
Check-in was a snap and the minimalist designed lobby was a change of pace from the cookie cutter chain hotel designs.
My biggest complaint : The closet in the room is a shallow book shelf with a curtain to cover the opening. It was okay for me but if I had the wife with me the closet would not hold all our clothes.
My biggest compliment : My colleagues and I came in late after the hotel bar had closed and we were shooting pool in the lobby. The manager offered to open the bar for us after we casually mentioned a desire for a cocktail. He kept it open as long as he could and offered us a last chance warning before being required to close. Nice touch.

I would stay there again for business, in fact I am next week. But I might not stay there with the wife if I was staying longer than a weekend getaway.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Shady Side, MD
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I like that the Aloft hotels are not your typical hotel. They are a little trendy and quirky. They are also all that you expect from a hotel, clean, quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank shelllady
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I stayed at the Phoenix Aloft in June 2010 prior to an early flight. The hotel was very clean. The hotel is a quick walk to a Ruby Tuesday.

The Alofts are a budget brand of W Hotels. The rooms are hip with Bliss bath products. The fitness center is very nice. Built-in tvs on the treadmill and other nice equipment.

The employees at this hotel provided great service.

My only complaint is with the air conditioner. It was very noisy when it cycled on and off and woke me up throughout the night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank essenceofcapri
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I experienced a wonderful time at this new upcoming hotel chain. The staff assisted in every way possible. The bar and the bartender was EXCELLENT!!! I was very pleased with the hotel, and everything that they offered. If you are tired of the same hotel rooms and want something different then go to this hotel. Get ready for a change in hotel revolution and enjoy the experience of a lifetime.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank stevejr32
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The people are friendly and the amenities just right for most business travelers. New furniture, wired and wi-fi internet, and a comfy bed. The rooms are a little small but if you're only there to sleep, it shouldn't be an issue. I plan on going back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank BigBlueOcean7
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2010

As one would come to except from a Starwood Property, this hotel is clean, modern and friendly. I believe one of Starwood's newer hotel chains, Aloft Phoenix Airport was built less than a year ago and it shows. Everything is very clean and still smells brand new. The rooms include that amazing Starwood Bed that puts you right to sleep. In addition, the amenities in the bath aren't standard junk and can actually be used. The pool was sparkling and refreshing despite the 100 degree temperature during the day. The lobby contains a groovy and modern bar and lounge area complete with pool table. Did I mention the free internet? It;s all over the property, pool included.

What initiated by review was this hotel had one of the friendliest staffs I have ever met. From the hotel engineer that picked me up from the airport (because the driver was busy), to the front desk staff... all were friendly, educated about the area, and very helpful with my requests. Their personalities were what I frequent traveler expects from this customer service driven industry.

It shares the parking lot with a Ruby Tuesday's for those of you traveling without a vehicle and is across the street from a light-rail stop. All very convenient.

I'll return to Aloft time and time again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingGuy31
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The hotel is new, clean, and has a modern flare. I wouldn't fool yourself into thinking it's like the W - it's a cheaped down version of a W wannabe, a step up from the Four Points chain. There are very few amenities, so if you're looking for room service, a bathtub, or movies - just forget it. The hotel seems to also be short-staffed. The only snack bar is near the entrance and the cashier is the same person that checks you in. If you have any needs exceeding a clean bed and shower, then you'll ge highly disappointed. The room does come with a fridge, coffee maker, safe, and a complimentary bottle of water a day, and, the biggest plus for me, they use Bliss products.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business