“Central Location”

Aloft Phoenix-Airport
Ranked #35 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“Central Location”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. Typical Aloft with friendly staff. The rooms facing the pool and parking lot were very quite. Convent location with Ruby Tuesdays and Circle K all on the same corner. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ldenta
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such fabulous feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back again in the future. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
charlotte nc
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a Wednesday night.
Music in the bar was outrageously high. They gave me a room right besides the bar (103).
Asked for a higher floor and gave me the one right above the do (!)... Saying they had no other floor available.
Guy came right after me and they gave him a 4 th floor!
I had to wake up at 4:30 am for an early flight out of Phoenix and the music kept me awake until at least 11 pm.
Strongly suggest to find another hotel if your main reason is travel and you need something quiet close to the airport.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tenaxusa
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We apologize for the noise disturbances you had during your recent stay. Your comments are being addressed with our front desk and bar staff to ensure an experience like this does not happen again. Thank you for your review and take care.
Washington, DC
Reviewed May 10, 2013

In town for convention; others got very good rate at downtown conv hotel. But Aloft's room was still 30% less. What sold me was another reviewer, who mentioned the lightrail in front of the hotel. Huge bonus! I landed, called for the shuttle (you SHOULD call). In my room in under an hour. Hotel's new-ish, but not in the best area, and I didn't want to walk outside for meal/snacks. Charise (?) at the front desk was really great-- pointed out her faves from the hotel menu. Young man from bar was sweet about quickly putting it together. The food is not great, but no worse than bar/cafeteria food. Room was clean, nicely appointed, tv a little complicated (no movies-- i really wanted to see Silver Linings Playbook!), view nothing special. Not sure if the breakfast was free; it's served in the area where they sell food so it was unclear. The girls at the counter were busy so I left without eating.
The best was the lightrail. $2 to go downtown but hotel team said get $4 daypass since I was leaving to go back to airport that night. Warning: if you take lightrail and have to go back to airport, the shuttle from lightrail to terminal is VERY long and complicated unless your flight takes off from Terminal 4. It's a new system and not complete. In the future, I'd take lightrail back to Aloft and ask for shuttle into terminal (they had even offered). Car rental in Phoenix is notoriously expensive. If you can make lightrail work for you I'd definitely recommend it, and I'd recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank imho828
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Aloft Phoenix Airport is a select service hotel and while our breakfast options are not free in re:fuel, we do hope you enjoyed the free WiFi, coffee, and bottled water in your guest room. We have shared your comments with our team and look forward to providing you with an excellent experience again on your future trips to Phoenix. Thank you again!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stayed at the Aloft on a recent business trip and enjoyed this hotel. I have never stayed at the Aloft before and enjoyed the very contemporary feel to this hotel. The shuttle service from the airport was prompt, and I was given a room promptly upon check in. My only complaint was I requested a Single bed room, but they only had double rooms available. Not a big deal but I like sleeping on the larger beds. The rooms were somewhat small but modern, and clean. Would definately recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MSPfa
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to be your first Aloft experience, and I do apologize that we were out of king sized beds (those do tend to go the quickest). Additionally thank you for your recommendation, referrals from those that have personally stayed with us mean a lot not just for future guest but also to let us know that we are doing our job as well.
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed at an Aloft hotel. Twice on Nashville and this visit to Phoenix. Aloft is becoming my favorite hotel chain across the country. Always nice, courtesy staff. Great rooms at a good price. I have nothin but positives to say about Aloft from all aspects. I highly recommend Phoenix and Nashville locations so far.

• Stayed April 2013
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your fabulous review. We are always thrilled to hear travelers are enjoying the Aloft concept and everything it has to offer. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you can return soon. Take care and safe travels!
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Unfortunately I only had a short night to stay at Aloft Phoenix after a late arrival to Sky Harbor, but it still made a nice impression. The hotel is very modern at was populated by a younger crowd at least this night (supposedly a wedding party). The lobby had basic food and drink selections in addition to a full bar, patio, gym, and pool area. I hate to say it had a Vegas feel, but little touches like an elevator bathed in blue light were certainly away from the norm, but amusing. The room felt new and clean with plenty of desk space, chairs, comfortable bedding, cable tv, high speed internet and so on. My window overlooked Sky Harbor airport where I could watch planes taking off, but I had no issues with noise. Overall, a pleasant, but short, stay. I would certainly stay again for the right price.

Room Tip: You could ask for a room facing away from Washington St. but I had no problems with airport noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
On behalf of everyone here at the Aloft PHX Airport we would like to thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are pleased to hear that our amenities met your expectations and you were able to enjoy your short stay with us. Should you find yourself returning to the Phoenix area in the future please be sure to let us know and our team will be more than happy to set up your accommodations. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I found this hotel through the Starwood Rewards Program. having never stayed at an Aloft Property, I wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel is situated in a great location (adjacent to the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport). The hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport and it's also located directly across the street from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport tram. So, either way, you can get to the hotel without having to rent a car at the Phoenix Airport rental car location. *Note*: Renting cars at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is very expensive. Taxes are almost 40 percent. But, that's a topic for another thread. The rooms at the Aloft are clean and modern. There is a funky bar located on the first floor along with a pool table. The drinks at the bar are reasonably priced. There is a smaller (splash pool) "Splash Pools" are what they are referred to in the Phoenix area (a smaller pool with a depth of only 4 to 5 feet). The staff at the hotel were very accommodating and friendly. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback, and we are very happy that we were able to make your first stay at an Aloft a pleasant one! Additionally we are pleased that we were able to fulfill your transportation needs, allowing you to avoid having to rent a car. We like to take pride in our cleanliness and friendliness, we know there are many options and strive to the Aloft the one you choose and prefer! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.