“The Best for Less”

Aloft Phoenix-Airport
Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 7, 2013

ALoft Phoenix Airport is luxury for less. Spacious new rooms, an attentive staff, and location make this the perfect stay for a business overnight traveler. This is truly a "mini" W at a fraction of the cost. The free shuttle to the airport and free parking for,your car for the week make catching an early flight out of Phoenix a pleasure. Give this one a try and you will return! Leighton Rockafellow

Room Tip: There is no spa and we did not use room service, so no rating fort hose two items.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leighton R
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We are thrilled to hear you found your accommodations satisfactory. We aim to provide the best guest experience to all of our travelers. We look forward to your return, see you next time!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed for one night in January. Staff very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are modern and well equipped. There is a nice outdoor pool at this hotel, but we did not use it. The bar/lounge area is a modern atmosphere and well kept. It is approximately 5 minute shuttle ride from airport to the hotel and the shuttle was right on time both ways. They have a self serve breakfast area with healthy choices.
All of the above points would make me want to stay there again, but the spoiler is the extremely loud fan/air conditioning units in the rooms. When in Phoenix, it's highly likely you will need at least the fan on for sleeping (especially when the windows can't be opened). The fan is very loud and disruptive to sleep. The a/c setting? Forget it - might as well be next to the runway. It's too bad, because it is a nice hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Pam M, General Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! It is great to hear that everyone was welcoming and helpful, as well as that you were able to enjoy the property as a whole. I do apologize for the air conditioner being overly loud, I have discussed your comments and concerns with our Maintenance Engineer and we are investigating what can be done to resolve this issue going forward.

hope to see you again soon...

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I found an awesome rate online on the Starwood website and have stayed at Aloft Hotels three other times in the past. I like them. They are organized, usually a great value and typically free of children or obnoxious adolescents. The location of this one on the north edge of the Phoenix Airport is nearly perfect for most things in Central Phoenix, 15 minutes or less to ANYTHING you would want to see or do. There is a Circle K and a Ruby Tuesday right next door and I never hear a single plane the entire time of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Viking94708,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also glad to hear that you are a repeat guest within Aloft hotels. Our location is very convenient for people traveling in and out of the Phoenix airport and we would like to invite you back at any time should you find yourself in the Phoenix area. Thanks for staying with us, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

As an airline crewmember I stay at a lot of hotels. I must say this aloft if great. Clean, modern, and spacious. The lobby area is great with plenty of room to grab a snack and read a book. I would certainly recommend.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We take great pride in our brand and what we have to to offer to our guests. Although we are a select service hotel we try to provide a full service feel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Value, hospitality, and quality. My wife and I have stayed at the Aloft near Phoenix Airport 4 times and during each visit have been treated to excellent rooms and service. I travel a lot (I am SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver and Hilton Gold) and the aLoft in Phoenix is one of my favorite hotels.

Best, RC

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Omar A, Manager at Aloft Phoenix-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Roland C,

Thank you very much for taking the time provide us with your feedback. We would also like to thank you for being a Platinum SPG member, we do value your loyalty. We are thrilled to hear that you are a repeat guest of ours and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

As soon as you walk into the lobby, there is confusion as to if you are at a hip downtown bar/club or a hotel. The hallways smell like my old dorm room and the rooms themselves are very small and dorm feel. Curtains in the bathroom, small wash area and a segregated bed which is low to the floor. Don't waste the money on the breakfast pacakge either. It's not that good and very little options. There is a starbucks a couple miles north of the hotel.

The A/C units are loud and the walls are paper thin. We heard partying down the hall at 2:00am.

The Pros: nice large shower, very friendly staff.

If you are going on business or for a more quiet experience, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: High floor, pool side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The shuttle driver got to the airport relatively quickly after I called. The staff was friendly and didn't mind that I was there at like 9am because my flight came in so early and my friend wouldn't be arriving for a few hours. The lounge area is comfortable (enough so that I dozed off waiting for my friend and awoke to a business gathering on the sofa next to me) and modern, the "restaurant" is really just picnic tables where you can order sandwiches and basic items. I ended up grabbing some stuff from the cold cases which was fairly priced and convenient. Just don't expect gourmet meals from this place.

For nearly $200 dollars a night I would like a room that feels comfortable instead of crammed, and doesn't look like a gym locker room. Which I was not expecting considering the decor for the rest of the hotel. The pictures on the website depict these modern beautifully decorated rooms. There wasn't much space at all in the room which I could have lived with had it not had murals of gym lockers all over.

Also the way the website describes there charging stations it says leave your cords at home and listed that they had in room MP3 players as well as a universal charging station which was not the case. Then when I called down to the front desk to see what they were talking about they treated me like I was an idiot for asking about these things. They do have a universal charging station but you have to have your adapter cords to use it, and there was no in room MP3 player.

We were in Arizona for less than 24 hours as we were there for the Radiohead concert so I was so exhausted from traveling that if there was a noise I didn't hear it. The beds were kind of hard but not enough to bother my sleep.

If there prices were right I would stay here again. However this experience will make me avoid any Aloft hotels in the future unless it's the only option or I have my dogs with me (they are pet friendly) because I don't want to sleep in a locker room :/

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear astaronfire,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. We are glad that we had the availability on the day of you arrival to get you checked in early. We would also like to apologize if we did not have the correct adaptor cord available during your stay as we do have only a limited number and perhaps that particular cord was checked out to another guest. It also appears you were staying with us during our peak season which reflects on our rates, the prices in AZ change significantly during this time of year. We try to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant experience while staying with us and we sincerely apologize if we fell short of that goal. We hope you would be willing to give us another chance to provide you with a much more enjoyable stay should you return to Phoenix. Thank you again for your review.