“Another super dinner!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Cross street: 32nd Street and East Camelback Road
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We ate during Adrizona Restaurant week, four courses for 40 dollars. The food was really good and was supported by equally good service. Our favourites were the rissoto and the short ribs pappardelle. Worth going back just for them!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I value consistency, and I am quite willing to grant that others have had great food and attentive service at this widely complimented eatery. But my experience was at the other extreme and at these prices I'm unwilling to try again.
Based upon word of mouth, I chose NOCA for an anniversary celebration, which I noted when I reserved. When we arrived and acknowledged our reservation, we were prmptly wisked by a very romantic table and seated in Siberia. I asked about the other table, and was told it was being saved for someone special. Guess that put me in my place.
It went downhill from there. It took forever to get drinks and dinner. On a weeknight. Not too crowded. The food was good, but nowhere near good enough to get the sour taste out of my mouth. Sorry, not even the amuse bouche of cotton candy would suffice.
My advice is this: dinner at NOCA is a crapshoot. It may be as wonderful as others have opined. But it may be as miserable as we experienced. As that special person Dirty Harry might say, "Do you feel lucky?"

Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is by far the worst food in Arcadia. We tried 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. The prices they charge are not even close to the caliber of food they serve. One entree was the crab mac n cheese. If you really looked hard you could find maybe 2 small pieces of crab and the whole dish tasted and looked like glue. The other entree was a ribeye...I grew up in the midwest and it was definitely not a ribeye. It literally looked like flank steak. I paid the bill, tipped well and wanted to say something quietly to the server so maybe she could pass it on to the kitchen. I told her maybe this was an off night but please let the kitchen know that the four items we ordered were not good at all, perhaps the feedback will help them in the future. She snapped at me and said maybe next time you shouldnt keep ordering food if you dont like it....really? I felt like I was in the twilight zone! The only positive was the dirty martini.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

The beef they serve is Prime and you get a few Amuse Bouches. The menu changes everyday and offer a Chef's Tasting Menu. The day I was there we shared beet cured fluke with dill and caviar appetizer, it was fresh and displayed well. My husband went for the tasting menu and that was fried fish bait, Shrimp Andouille Gumbo, Prime Rib Eye with farm egg and grits and a whiskey vanilla bread pudding topped with gelato. My husband said his favorite was the Gumbo and it was outstanding and the shrimp were cooked to perfection.
Not much on the menu appealed to me the evening we went so I tried the black bass meuniere. My fish was prepared well but it came with carrots and potato and I wasn't a fan of the carrots because they were pureed and laced with maple syrup and were under my fish making my fish taste like maple syrup. I thought my meal was slightly over salted but not enough to send back.
Like I said service is casual, our server asked how everything was after my husband finished his meal. This place is energetic and somewhat noisy.
For me this one hits somewhere between three star to 4 star based on only this visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We had their "simple supper Sunday menu" this evening and could not be more satisfied. This is a small place, with a show kitchen, that serves interesting food with a very attenive staff. The wine list is comprehensive and reasonable. We were in town for business, and drove accross town for dinner just for this experience. I cant reccomend this establishment more. We were staying over by Westgate and had to endure these restaurants two nights in a row, then we went to Noca.